• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console!!

Slick

Banned
Yes. Nintendo's not going to undermine their own handheld pillar with the controllers for their console pillar. You are well aware of this, I'm sure.
Indeed. I believe I'm thinking too far ahead and thinking incorrectly. The controller probably won't serve as a portable Project Cafe player.

fhqwhgads

At most, I could see it playing your Virtual Console/WiiWare(lower-end) games on the go. That, along with Four Swords stuff(going in caves takes you to your own personal screen while everyone else can stay outside on the TV) and Pokemon stuff(C-buttons to select were clever, but now you can emulate what PBR did without a DS). Maybe also some management stats. Pikmin 3? You're out exploring, controller screen details what you've got so far?

But yeah, not full Cafe disc games.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Oh ffs, so pissed off. This is what happens when lazy internet journalists don't bother registering to read the whole article they're reporting on. *head ****ing desk*

(not at angry at anyone here, just the 'news' sites that reported on this without actually doing their work properly)

新型コントローラーは、画面サイズが約6インチのタッチパネルを搭載。コントローラーには2次電池も内蔵しており、テレビが使えない状況では、コントローラーを携帯型ゲーム機のように利用することができる。据え置き型として使う場合は、例えば画面を指先でなぞってテレビ画面上のキャラクターを動かすようにする。

The new controller has an approximately 6-inch touch panel built in. It also has a rechargeable battery inside and when the TV cannot be used it [the controller] can be used LIKE a portable gaming system. When used as a standard console, you can, for example, trace the screen with your finger and make a character move on the TV screen.

There. Everyone happy now?

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Oh ffs, so pissed off. This is what happens when lazy internet journalists don't bother registering to read the whole article they're reporting on. *head ****ing desk*

(not at angry at anyone here, just the 'news' sites that reported on this without actually doing their work properly)

新型コントローラーは、画面サイズが約6インチのタッチパネルを搭載。コントローラーには2次電池も内蔵しており、テレビが使えない状況では、コントローラーを携帯型ゲーム機のように利用することができる。据え置き型として使う場合は、例えば画面を指先でなぞってテレビ画面上のキャラクターを動かすようにする。

The new controller has an approximately 6-inch touch panel built in. It also has two rechargeable batteries inside and when the TV cannot be used it [the controller] can be used LIKE a portable gaming system. When used as a standard console, you can, for example, trace the screen with your finger and make a character move on the TV screen.

There. Everyone happy now?
VERY. What's great about this is that Nikkei is always accurate on their info, and the fact that you can go without a TV screen when lazy to turn it on is excellent. I also assume this means that the controls are various, because I can't see that standard control method with the screen being used to move the character being used when viewing the screen. Ergo, dual analogs and a shitload of buttons confirmed? Yes please!

Sabonea_Masukippa

VERY. What's great about this is that Nikkei is always accurate on their info, and the fact that you can go without a TV screen when lazy to turn it on is excellent. I also assume this means that the controls are various, because I can't see that standard control method with the screen being used to move the character being used when viewing the screen. Ergo, dual analogs and a shitload of buttons confirmed? Yes please!

See how much better it is when things get translated properly. :p

(Although I did make a mistake, it's only one rechargeable battery, not two, whoops, but it's fixed now)

And yes, that is my assumption too. But we'll have to wait and see.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Not really, since I still think it's obvious bullcrap.

What part of the controller streaming the games from the console while the TV is off is so far fetched you feel that way?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
What part of the controller streaming the games from the console while the TV is off is so far fetched you feel that way?

Well, the fact that the controller would be unable to display what would generally be displayed on the controller during standard gameplay would be nowhere is a start.

You can think that, but there's a very high chance you're wrong.

Why, because some source everyone trusts because someone else says they're trustable is saying it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, the fact that the controller would be unable to display what would generally be displayed on the controller during standard gameplay would be nowhere is a start.

No it's not, considering we don't know any information we don't know that whatever can be displayed on the controller needs to be displayed on the controller.

Why, because some source everyone trusts because someone else says they're trustable is saying it?

No, because it is a reliable source, regardless of what anyone else says, and what they're saying is completely realistic.

Clamps

No it's not, considering we don't know any information we don't know that whatever can be displayed on the controller needs to be displayed on the controller.
Yeah, just like nothing that needs to be displayed on a DS's bottom screen really needs to be displayed there.

No, because it is a reliable source, regardless of what anyone else says, and what they're saying is completely realistic.

Whatever you say bro.

Clamps

but if the screen is there might as well use it.

Which is exactly why the Cafe being able to use the second screen for displaying something that should be on the main screen is complete bullcrap.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
'
Which is exactly why the Cafe being able to use the second screen for displaying something that should be on the main screen is complete bullcrap.

No, it's not really. You may not like the idea, and I don't see much point in it either, but it doesn't change the fact that it looks like they're gong to do just that.

Clamps

My dislike of the idea is irrelevant, it's more to do with the fact that it's pointless to include such a feature. Why add a second screen to the controllers, raising the price of them, if all you're going to do is allow them to be used as a TV, and not display additional information on them? It makes no sense.

[aka]

Since it hasn't been shared here yet, here's this. I'm not sure how reliable the source is, but I really hope it's all true. I'm not sure how detaching the screen would work though; but Nintendo would figure out a way to make it work.