• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console!!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
That's what I thought, which just makes me wonder more at the mod's decision.

They felt that the sub-forums had some use?

They're basically dead for another year after E3 has ended.

Which ended today, right?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I admit I was disappointed about Nintendo's new console. Doesn't even seem new to me, more like a Wii upgrade. And the name "Wii U"? C'mon. I was expecting a totally new console from scratch with 1080 HD graphics, and online equal or better than the 360 or PS3, video cam to video cam connection, etc. The controller sounds like a decent idea but that's it. As a die-hard Nintendo fan, this year was a letdown.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I admit I was disappointed about Nintendo's new console. Doesn't even seem new to me, more like a Wii upfrade. And the name "Wii U"? C'mon. I was expecting a totally new console from scratch. The controller sounds like a decent idea but that's it. As a die-hard Nintendo fan, this year was a letdown.

You're kidding, right? This console is DESIGNED for the 'hardcore' gamers. They ditched the motion control and brought the graphics on par with 360/PS3. This was by far a let down.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
You're kidding, right? This console is DESIGNED for the 'hardcore' gamers. They ditched the motion control and brought the graphics on par with 360/PS3. This was by far a let down.

It don't seem like its gonna be for "hardcore" gamers. I think they're gonna end up doing the same thing they did for Wii minus the motion control. A lot of Kid games, limited on-line capability. HD and the new controller plus SSB4 are the only positives right now.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It don't seem like its gonna be for "hardcore" gamers. I think they're gonna end up doing the same thing they did for Wii minus the motion control. A lot of Kid games, limited on-line capability. HD and the new controller plus SSB4 are the only positives right now.

I see you're referring to third parties here, to which I have to say; who cares? You'll get great Nintendo games and even the major third parties are releasing their AAA games for the Wii U.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Sony: What is there a problem using essentially the same controller 3 gens in a row?

:p

But seriously ... -__-

The only thing that I was extremely disappointed about the Wii U is that other than that controller, it doesn't really provide any.

Rubicante

Banned

I think you're using the wrong words there. My man Reggie said it ran at 1080 fps, and I've read from multiple sources the graphics are much better than the 360/PS3. What you saw in that bird demo wasn't nearly as good as it'll get, especially later in the Wii-U's lifespan. Some people say that Microsoft and Sony will just come out with stronger consoles, but Wii-U as the running start. I have a feeling Microsoft will be pushing the Kinect for awhile more, and I heard the PS3 was slated for a 10 year-run, though I also heard Sony intends to copy Nintendo's idea with the Vita. I wasn't let down by the Wii-U at all myself. Call me a fanboy, but I personally think the possibilities for this kind of system is endless. The ability to keep playing while your dad watches sports is enough for me to cough up whatever price they give.

Edit:That wasn't directed at you entirely, Hydrohs.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think you're using the wrong words there. My man Reggie said it ran at 1080 fps, and I've read from multiple sources the graphics are much better than the 360/PS3. What you saw in that bird demo wasn't nearly as good as it'll get, especially later in the Wii-U's lifespan.

Nah, you're using the wrong words xD 1080p, not FPS. That is completely different, not to mention both 360 and PS3 also do 1080p. It's just a display mode. It's entirely possible that it is capable of more than the PS3, but that we'll have to wait and see until some actual tech specs are revealed.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Nah, you're using the wrong words xD 1080p, not FPS. That is completely different, not to mention both 360 and PS3 also do 1080p. It's just a display mode. It's entirely possible that it is capable of more than the PS3, but that we'll have to wait and see until some actual tech specs are revealed.
Its at least gonna give us a gig of v-ram, ****ing ridiculous if it won't. As for the rest of the ram I can't give a damn, at least its embedded.
Yeah, that's actually how I was thinking before the conference. Everyone's gonna go motion control and casual, then Nintendo slaps em all in the face.

Nebbio

NINJA!
They new console looks awesome. The console reminds me of an Xbox.

Sabonea_Masukippa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Nsa06KRLo

Showing off the full Japanese Garden tech demo again, this time with more of a focus on the controller (and the decompressed snow at the end). Sure, the controller lags/framerate drops a little bit, but very few games are going to be rendering the same scene from two different view point, both of which have controllable cameras.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Nsa06KRLo

Showing off the full Japanese Garden tech demo again, this time with more of a focus on the controller (and the decompressed snow at the end). Sure, the controller lags/framerate drops a little bit, but very few games are going to be rendering the same scene from two different view point, both of which have controllable cameras.

That is pretty impressive. I figured that it was just a pre-rendered video they'd made. That looked very nice.

Blazios

Even if there are the occasional framerate issues/lag now, surely they'll be able to iron out most of the flaws by the end of next year? Nintendo have plenty of time to work on it.