• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console!!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The Wii offered a lot to the video game market. Why do you think "casual gamer" was coined? lol

All I'm saying is Nintendo could have tried and make a new system from scratch rather than to "fix" all the Wii's problems. They couldn't even help but include "Wii" in the system's name!

They included the name Wii for the exact reason you said above. It's instantly recognizable to the millions of people who never touched video games before the Wii.

And if you've watched the press conference Iwata explained that the Wii U is still a system for everyone, like the Wii was, but is also capable of catering to the individual. Thus the 'U'.

Thriller

Its almost time
I see.

I just saw the Wii, loved it, and said "Thanks for the breath of fresh air!" that video games really needed. The Wii popularized video games for a new generation, with innovation. Yeah yeah, Motion Control has been tried since 89, I don't need to be reminded, but my whole point is, the jump from Gamecube -> Wii was just so huge, I was expecting another one.

BCVM22

Thing is, though, as you said, the Wii's primary advance was the motion control, which was largely what led to it being the complete cultural phenomenon that it was. As pure video game tech goes, it wasn't all that much more advanced than the GameCube.

Given that the Wii maintains that immersive element by way of keeping the Wii Remotes, and deepens it by introducing the tablet controller, what sort of further "breath of fresh air" would you have had them institute from there, is my question. What is it you feel the Wii U could have been made to do that we know it to be incapable of?

Thriller

Its almost time
Let's see what else was revealed at E3... *Read's PS Vita*

Alright, I stand corrected. I just hope this actually helps them for the future, not just for the $$$

But to answer your question, BCVM, I don't know. But it does seem to me that technology can evolve fast. Think about it, did anybody have an iPhone or similar device 5 years ago?

Last edited:

BCVM22

No, that's the wrong way to look at it. Nintendo is a business, as are Sony, Microsoft, Sega, whomever else you want to throw in there. Video games themselves are a business, if a creatively-driven one like movies and music.

Everything they do is going to be for the money one way or another, because that's the reality. The stuff that we as consumers follow the industry for and wait for, like releasing new games and eventually new hardware, is generally how they make that money.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The only issue with the Wii is the graphic power(not an issue to me but it is to others) and lack of third party support(well a constant stream of games from the third party). Now that the Wii is not only better than the PS3 and the 360 it retains it perfected form of motion gaming. I really don't think claiming this inferior to the Wii is a proper thing to do but I'm sure many people think this.
It's not like motion games will stop it just won't be the key selling point for nintendo for the moment.

fhqwhgads

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The Wii U can support multiple controllers but it seems nintendo doesn't want people to spend a lot on more than one of them due to the cost. So it's not that it can't just that it won't be supported initially. We could see that change.

Thriller

Its almost time
Has he even said businesses like money yet?

I mentioned my dislike at the greed the industry has these days. You know...

[img139]http://www.gemakei.com/forums/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=912;preview[/img139]

Hell, the whole world! Watch some 80s commercials, get a load of conservative American life.

woot21

super noob