• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's not my point. I know I'm an outlier. I'm not arguing that the Wii Remote is better than the GameCube remote, or that the Wii Remote should be supported by the Switch. What I was trying to say is that no matter what controller was my favorite, be it a popular or unpopular choice, assuming it's outdated, I would never expect Nintendo to continue to support it for the sake of one single game. I might be upset that I have to move on to a new controller (though, in his case, I may not be, because I think I like the Joy-Cons better than the Wii Remote), but I would deal with it.

And for the reasons we have stated previously, it's not surprising to see the GCN controller still working.

BCVM22

I hope this means what I think it means. Super Smash Bros. 4 Deluxe on Switch!!

The last half page's worth of posts were spent almost exclusively explaining it was probably "accidental" (relatively speaking) and shouldn't be taken as any kind of indicator of any upcoming games using the GCN controller.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And for the reasons we have stated previously, it's not surprising to see the GCN controller still working.

Never disagreed with those reasons.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Then I'm not sure what more you wanted. You were wondering why the GCN controller is supported, those reasons are why.

It was the concept than anything else. I still have that question from back when they made the GameCube adapter for the Wii U.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, SMO is getting great reviews. I am even more excited to pick up that SMO Switch bundle tomorrow now.
In other Switch news of mine, I have decided to pick up Zelda: BotW along with MK8 Deluxe tomorrow as well. I suppose three games to start with should be good enough for a while.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It was the concept than anything else. I still have that question from back when they made the GameCube adapter for the Wii U.

Because you had two games in the series thus far that supported the same controller, the vast majority of the playerbase of those games used that controller, and you wanted your game to be relevant in the fighting game community. Thus, they made an adapter to allow those players to use that controller. Pretty straightforward.

BCVM22

Reggie speaks on the subject. Hopefully this stops being a discussion now.

“In our latest system software update, it enables third-party peripherals to work on Nintendo Switch,” Fils-Aime explained. “As a result, the peripheral for Wii U that allows it to attach GameCube controllers also works.” A sign of Super Smash Bros. Melee support incoming? “Of course, there’s nothing to announce on this,” he said. “I think it’s fair to say, Stephen, that that peripheral working was as much a surprise to us as it was to consumers.”

https://kotaku.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-s-second-expansion-is-still-o-1819892350

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

BCVM22

Reggie's always got jokes.

Speaking of, and since the Zelda thread is several months buried and I was the last post anyway so I can't bump it, he also says they will announce the release date for Breath of the Wild DLC 2 soon, and he says it isn't necessarily the same as the November 10 release date of the Champion amiibos.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Reggie's always got jokes.

Speaking of, and since the Zelda thread is several months buried and I was the last post anyway so I can't bump it, he also says they will announce the release date for Breath of the Wild DLC 2 soon, and he says it isn't necessarily the same as the November 10 release date of the Champion amiibos.

Can't wait for that DLC. Very interested to see what they'll do.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, I have been playing all three of my new games for my Switch a lot for the past day or so.
I am really enjoying SMO, and I am only a few worlds into the game so far. I feel that this game is great, especially in terms of its playstyle.
For MK8 Deluxe, I am liking it at least as much as the original MK8, possibly even more. I would have preferred that the new battle mode would have an infinite (or at least a longer) time limit per round, but I do like that there are so many possible rounds.
In terms of Zelda: BotW, I am still getting used to it. I do not really have much experience with Zelda games, but I think that once I play this game some more, it will become more enjoyable for me.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I really, really hope that Super Mario Odyssey drives tons of sales for the Switch, and that Nintendo is able to anticipate demand better than they were able to do at launch, or with the Wii. This system is so incredible and the games so far are so great - I can't wait to see what else they do with the platform in the coming years, and for that to happen it needs to keep doing really well. Plus, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it outsell the other 8th Gen+ systems.

R_N

I really, really hope that Super Mario Odyssey drives tons of sales for the Switch, and that Nintendo is able to anticipate demand better than they were able to do at launch, or with the Wii. This system is so incredible and the games so far are so great - I can't wait to see what else they do with the platform in the coming years, and for that to happen it needs to keep doing really well. Plus, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it outsell the other 8th Gen+ systems.

Switch sold like 2 million last month, i can't imagine it doing especially less in a month with mario in it

R_N

January direct was about what was expected
Guessing a xenoblade 2 direct will happen next month to fill the gap

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
nintendo has definitely won me back! I was able to pick up a Switch back in July! And in 3 short months, I already have 6 games for it! Splatoon, Mario Kart, Pokken, Sonic Mania, Octopath and Odyssey! While in 4 years of Having the Wii U, I only gotten 7 games. The U was definitely the lowest point for Nintendo and had turned me off for a long while! If they was ever come up with a way to port U games over to the Switch, I'd port My Mario 3D World, Mario Wii U, DK Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros and Mario Maker and i would no longer have a use for it again!

I only wish though that the Menu screen was more lively and the Mii community existed from the Wii U. Where we could post our Photos, drawings and comments online and interacted with other players! Hopefully all that will be available along with the Virtual Console next year!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I only wish though that the Menu screen was more lively and the Mii community existed from the Wii U. Where we could post our Photos, drawings and comments online and interacted with other players! Hopefully all that will be available along with the Virtual Console next year!

It's probably safe to assume that he Switch won't gain Mii Verse functionality, as they already announced that Mii Verse is shutting down. If it were planned on being moved to the Switch, then they probably wouldn't be pulling the cord on it.