• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
The Direct is happening tomorrow and I have proof

bS0ICTf.png

keepitsimple

site of lies
Are you sure this is related? Cause I'm not sure Nintendo would have someone like John Cena doing it.

You're absolutely right, something seems very fishy about that image. It doesn't even reference the Direct, so I would say you might be on to something but let's keep an open mind just in case.

BCVM22

*deep sigh*

Maybe it’s better for the thread if we just don’t discuss the Direct until there’s something to discuss, rather than more hit-or-miss humor using giant images and scintillating updates about what Twitter accounts are or aren’t doing?

Pokemon Power

*deep sigh*

Maybe it’s better for the thread if we just don’t discuss the Direct until there’s something to discuss, rather than more hit-or-miss humor using giant images and scintillating updates about what Twitter accounts are or aren’t doing?

One last thing before we stop talking about this. Is that Chibi-Robo artwork from a previous game, or is it brand-new?

BCVM22

I believe (though I am not positive) that it's from "Chibi Robo Zip-Lash", which released about two years ago for the 3DS.

I would not, in any way, take it to mean anything other than Nintendo trolling people, i.e. I would not in and of itself take it to mean a new game in the storied, historic Chibi-Robo franchise is in the works.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The real Nintendo Direct was in our hearts all along

I hope your hearts had a Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
People can't even claim they need a time/date for the Direct in order to plan accordingly. You don't need tickets. You weren't going to clear your schedule just to watch it (I hope). We know it's coming some time this month, and probably by the end of next week at the latest. This is literally people shouting into the ether because they can't be patient. It's not a good look.

Well, technically, until Nintendo actually confirms the existence of an upcoming Direct, we don't know when it's coming. I mean, I figured you of all people would know that.

It's rather probable that one is coming this month, but if Pokenchi taught us anything these last few years, it's not to get our hopes us or bathe in the absolute.

The real Nintendo Direct was in our hearts all along

lol Nice.

Vipsoccermaster

Well, Nintendo wants to build up hype, and they know how to do it. But for this Direct, that is, should we have one for January 2018, I think Nintendo may be trying to give out a Direct out of nowhere, without a firm date and time. They done this before. Sure Nintendo have have given some teases here and there, but wow, people expecting something that's not even acknowledged by Nintendo. The people are just losing their minds about a Direct. Oh well, they're setting themselves up for disappointment, and that's just sad.

BCVM22

Well, technically, until Nintendo actually confirms the existence of an upcoming Direct, we don't know when it's coming.

"Well, technically"

They've broadcast a January Direct annually since 2013 sans only one year in that span. In and of itself, that doesn't confirm anything, but between that, the various smoke swirling around from retailers and other ancillary news sources, AND the fun they're clearly having needling the plebeians, I'm operating under the reasonable assumption that we'll get one this month. I don't really feel the need to "well, technically" it in this case. You can "well, technically" it if you want.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
"Well, technically"

They've broadcast a January Direct annually since 2013 sans only one year in that span. In and of itself, that doesn't confirm anything, but between that, the various smoke swirling around from retailers and other ancillary news sources, AND the fun they're clearly having needling the plebeians, I'm operating under the reasonable assumption that we'll get one this month. I don't really feel the need to "well, technically" it in this case. You can "well, technically" it if you want.

d2ZqCBL.png

Anyhoo, I definitely don't rule out the possibility of us getting one either, but you seem to be riding the wagon you usually criticize others for hopping on. It's rather bizarre, no offense.

I do think it would be much more sensible if we just let this ride itself out. No point in assuming something will happen. Remember, the only absolute in life is death. That and Half-Life 3 never getting made.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Some things are more in need of outright, concrete confirmation, and some things can operate temporarily under a reasonable assumption without that. It isn’t an overly complex notion, I don’t think.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_u7g5BlfiY

Some Highlights:
The World Ends with You Final Remix - Remake+extra Story. Looks like I may buy it again.
Pokkén DX - Ageislash and Blastoise DLC
Kirby Star Allies
Hyrule Warriors Definate edtion.
Mario Tennis Aces - It's made by Camelot! YES!

Mario+Rabbids - DK DLC - Wait a mo, is Grant Kirkhope remixing his own music?

Funky Kong Tropical Freeze?

Dark Souls!!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Intrigued by Dark Souls.

But all my attention is for The World Ends With You. Been waiting for a sequel for it, whilst it's not that, positive reception to it might lead to one.

Pokemon Power

It came, it was a Direct mini. Let me burn through what was revealed. Square-Enix is bringing a new version of The World Ends With You featuring a new scenario. Pokken Tournament DX is getting DLC, the first two waves will add Aegislash and Blastoise as playable fighters, with Rayquaza, Mimikyu, Mew and Celebi as Support Pokemon. Kirby Star Allies is coming on March 16th, with new Artist and Spider Copy Abilities. A definitive version of Hyrule Warriors is coming, with all the content from the Wii U and 3DS versions and new costumes for Link and Zelda based on their appearances in Breath of the Wild. A new Mario Tennis is coming, called Mario Tennis Aces. It will feature Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi in tennis garb, and for the first time since Power Tour, a story mode which will include Petey Piranha as a boss. NIS America is brining Ys VIII to the Switch. Luigi will be added in Super Mario Odyssey in February as the host of the new Balloon World mini-game. The patch will also have two new filters for Snapshot Mode and three new costumes including the shades and outfit from Super Mario Sunshine. SNK is bringing a new 2 vs. 2 fighting game staring the ladies called SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy. Donkey Kong is the new character that will be added in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle's story expansion pack, and he will use boomerang weapons. The Switch version of Payday 2 will launch on February 27th and will feature a timed-exclusive character. EA will be bringing Fe and Celeste to the Switch on February 16th and January 25th respectively. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze DX is coming on May 4th, and will feature a new mode with Funky Kong as a new playable character. Finally, Bandai Namco is bringing a remastered version of Dark Souls to Switch on May 25th.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That's a little... Underwhelming. Not sure how I feel about all the full-price ports of old games.

Guess I'm in for TWEWY, maybe DS

Pokemon Power

We're getting a bunch of Switch enhanced ports of Wii U games. First Mario Kart 8, next Pokken Tournament, then Bayonetta 2 (alongside Bayonetta 1), and now Hyrule Warriors and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze! What's next? Super Mario 3D World? Star Fox Zero? Super Smash Bros. 4?!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Did the Final Remix for iPhones contain an extra scenario, though?

No, and it wasn't a "Final" Remix.

...So, the Mother 3 thing is real, then.

We're getting a bunch of Switch enhanced ports of Wii U games. First Mario Kart 8, next Pokken Tournament, then Bayonetta 2 (alongside Bayonetta 1), and now Hyrule Warriors and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze! What's next? Super Mario 3D World? Star Fox Zero? Super Smash Bros. 4?!
Mario Maker is the most obvious option.

Edit: Rest of the potential stuff would be:
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Xenoblade Chronicles X
TLOZ Twilight Princess HD
TLOZ Wind Waker HD
Captain Toad
Pikmin 3
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

Most of these have some sort of sequel coming.

Edit 2: Looking at the current list of remaining IPs, I have zero hope in E3. I think we are going to see more ports and third party rereleases.

Last edited: