• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You make a good point, but another factor to consider is FE Warriors and FE Heroes and their commercial reception. As it stands, Warriors hasn't exactly sold phenomenally well; even combining both its platforms, it fails to make the top ten titles in the whole series. In contrast though, the legitimate success and popularity of Heroes (over $240 million generated as of last month) potentially lends itself to continued attention and support for the franchise from Nintendo, including in the form of Smash characters if they deem it reasonable.

Warriors flopping is kinda interesting to me, though it makes some sense when viewed in terms of franchise fatigue, since last year also had the FE2 remake and a steady stream of content from Heroes. through that lens, it probably would've made sense to hold it back to release sometime during the next few months, putting some space before FE Switch hits and being a major release for this period that isn't a port

though I think you could also make the argument that Zelda gameplay - hack-and-slash Metroidlike - is closer to musou, and thus carries series fans toward the spinoff, better than FE gameplay - plodding methodical strategy - does

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
To be fair, there are a couple of other games slated to come in Spring 2018, like Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition and Mario Tennis Aces. And there's already two games from the Direct coming in May, and yet there is none for April. Even if DKC:TF is a port, Nintendo is trying to leave some space between games.

Friday, February 16, 2018: Bayonetta 1 & 2
Friday, March 16, 2018: Kirby: Star Allies
Friday, May 4, 2018: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Friday, May 25, 2018: Dark Souls Remastered

There's flat-out nothing set in stone for release in April 2018.
Feels weird Nintendo left out April. Which I believe TF would've benefit there a lot better.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
It won't make the slightest bit of difference.

I imagine one of the undefined "spring" releases gets a slot in April anyway.
You're right. There's some games like Mario Tennis Aces and Hyrule Warriors DE without a proper release date.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Warriors flopping is kinda interesting to me, though it makes some sense when viewed in terms of franchise fatigue, since last year also had the FE2 remake and a steady stream of content from Heroes. through that lens, it probably would've made sense to hold it back to release sometime during the next few months, putting some space before FE Switch hits and being a major release for this period that isn't a port

though I think you could also make the argument that Zelda gameplay - hack-and-slash Metroidlike - is closer to musou, and thus carries series fans toward the spinoff, better than FE gameplay - plodding methodical strategy - does

FE: Warriors didn't flop, it's true that it's not topping sales charts, but Koei has stated that they're happy with the sales of the game and want to continue supporting the Switch. So even though it may relatively look weaker then HW, Koei seems to have had different expectations for it and the game more then met them.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
FE: Warriors didn't flop, it's true that it's not topping sales charts, but Koei has stated that they're happy with the sales of the game and want to continue supporting the Switch. So even though it may relatively look weaker then HW, Koei seems to have had different expectations for it and the game more then met them.

it's been dropping in price faster than Nintendo games typically tend to - $20 off the Switch game on Amazon around New Years, which suggests that they're trying to get rid of stock. it doesn't look like it's Star Fox Zero tier bomba, which two months to get there - if Koei's expectations were "better than that game," I guess they're met

Rakurai

Kirby was honestly the only thing in the Direct that really excited me. The new abilities, the much delayed return of Suplex, and the ability combining silliness (Which looks like a much more intuitive mechanic then the Ultra abilities/Hypernova/Robosuits from the previous new generation Kirby titles were) have me hyped.

The new mode in Mario Odyssey looks like it could be fun, too, but I imagine Nintendo's going to have to do a lot of glitch-fixing in the future if they don't have some kind of fail-safe that prevents balloons from being placed in areas reachable only via glitches.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
it's been dropping in price faster than Nintendo games typically tend to - $20 off the Switch game on Amazon around New Years, which suggests that they're trying to get rid of stock. it doesn't look like it's Star Fox Zero tier bomba, which two months to get there - if Koei's expectations were "better than that game," I guess they're met

To be fair isn't Zelda a lot more mainstream than FE? So Zelda doing better makes sense. Heck I didn't know what FE was until Awaking 5 years ago and that is only due to me following Directs. To the average game they see HW they know what it is they see FEW they don't

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle will come out in the West on June 5.

The base game comes with 20 characters. DLC is obviously planned, but the kicker? 20 more characters are DLC.

Oh no, I can't start my day with a Yang... Although if I get the game I'll proberbly end up getting the DLC with Jaune in a dress, again.

Pokemon Power

Another rumor is starting to buzz. It says that Nintendo will upload a special video next Thursday, one week after the Direct mini, about something related to the Switch. If it's true, I would like it to be Virtual Console for the system.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If its on Thursday, though, we can just wait and see. I wouldn't sit on the edge of my seat, but there may be something.

Some reputable twitter accounts have tweeted about it (as a rumor), like GoNintendo. I guess we'll see.

BCVM22

Can we please, please, please stop posting pure rumors here like they mean anything? It's borderline ridiculous. And if you're going to insist on continuing to do so anyway, at least provide a reputable source so that it isn't just a post starting with "another rumor is starting to buzz" or "wait until you guys hear this"? Because otherwise the discussion is nothing but every unsourced whisper, rumor and bit of hearsay that crosses anyone's eyeline.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Can we please, please, please stop posting pure rumors here like they mean anything? It's borderline ridiculous. And if you're going to insist on continuing to do so anyway, at least provide a reputable source so that it isn't just a post starting with "another rumor is starting to buzz" or "wait until you guys hear this"? Because otherwise the discussion is nothing but every unsourced whisper, rumor and bit of hearsay that crosses anyone's eyeline.

Hey, the title for this thread doesn't include "SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS" for nothing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You're fully welcome to bring up rumors if there is a real source, but just saying, "Hey guys, I heard this about this," leads to nothing of any value. You might as well just be making something up on the spot.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Night in the Woods coming to Switch February 1st. Real solid indie game.