• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Genos

The Indigo Disk
In a world where we can't go 5 feet without tripping over a wii u port, "classic" pedantry aside, I think a port 3D World port is always in the cards.
Probably with 3D Land in tow
Super Mario 3D World+Land would be great to have.

Pokemon Power

Wonderful 101 would be nice. That game deserved better.

There's honestly not a lot more games to port which is probably why people tend to suggest the same 5 or so games (3D World, W101, Pikmin 3, #FE, XBX...). Like no one is jonseing for Amiibo Festival Switch or Mario Party 10 Switch or Fatal Frame.
Mario Maker will probably get a sequel. Other games get very on-the-nose sequels (Splatoon 2, the new yarn yoshi, maybe smash)
I'm sure Miyamoto will spear head a Star Fox Zero port now with more motion controls and hd rumble because clearly people just didnt "get it" before despite no one really being interested
Don't get me wrong, Mario Party 10 was a good game, but I think it's impossible to import all it's content to the Switch, especially the Bowser Party mode.

R_N

Don't get me wrong, Mario Party 10 was a good game, but I think it's impossible to import all it's content to the Switch, especially the Bowser Party mode.
my point was less "it's impossible" and more there's not enough people who actually care about the game that they'd double dip on a game like mario party 10. To underline the state of remaining "notable" wii u software.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I doubt they would re-release remastered games like Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD.

One game that might benefit from a re-release is Star Fox Zero, just remove the motion controls and it'll be a better experience.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The next Zelda to get a Remastered version will be Skyward Sword. Some of the motion controls were difficult to perform particularly navigating the Beetle up and down and controlling tthe mine cart to get to the Sandship. Four Sword Adventures Remastered would not be so bad either.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The next Zelda to get a Remastered version will be Skyward Sword. Some of the motion controls were difficult to perform particularly navigating the Beetle up and down and controlling tthe mine cart to get to the Sandship. Four Sword Adventures Remastered would not be so bad either.

I don't think any of the motion control was particularly difficulty to control. Not to mention it would be difficult, or really even impossible, to do Skyward Sword without motion controls in the first place.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Haven't the developers started development on the next Legend of Zelda game? And don't they want all future games to have exploration like Breath of the Wild?

R_N

they'd probably be handled by another company like Grezzo (Ocarina, Majora, 4 swords anniversary). Or another company to help with some overhauls, like WWHD (Hexadrive) or TPHD (Tantalus).
& WWHD/TPHD prove that the next Zelda being in development wouldn't impact ports

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
^That is right, Storm is correct (though Aonuma implied his comment, so no direct confirmation, ie. it ca be debated), the quote is from IGN interview:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12...ector-producer-discuss-speedruns-shrine-skips

However, as R_N said, before the new Zelda, we will have some outsourced stuff and remakes.

That was the quote I was referring to but who knows what future games will be like.

As for other Zelda titles we'll have Hyrule Warriors DE to look forward to.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So what do you think about the lack of a Virtual Console so far? Do you think we will get one for the Switch? And what new “system” games do you think will be added to the line up if it does come out on the Switch? I’m guessing Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games since they are the only Sega consoles not to be on any of the VC on other Nintendo systems, GameCube because it is the only home console by Nintendo not to be ported on the VC aside from the failed Virtual Boy (which would have made more sense to be exclusive to the 3DS family due to its main gimmick of trying to create virtual reality using 3D graphics) and 3DS (which won’t be on the VC for a long time due to the system still pretty relevant), and the Wii (because of the Wii U ability to play Wii titles if they were digitally downloaded).

BCVM22

I think Sega announcing their own line of classic games for the Switch this summer means we probably won't have a Virtual Console or equivalent until the fall, at least. And that doesn't... not... make sense, to potentially roll that out alongside the paid online service at the same time.

It's important, though, to not fall into the trap of "well, System X will be on the Switch's Virtual Console because its original predecessor was on the Wii U's Virtual Console." It's more complicated than that - the Switch has to be able to properly emulate that system, the games take up memory, and so on. So don't automatically expect titles from systems like the GameCube or the Saturn or the Dreamcast on the sole basis of what seems like natural progression. If Hydrohs sees this at some point, I believe he can explain it better.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It takes significantly more processing power to emulate a system than whatever power that system originally shipped with. While I'm not going to say it's completely impossible given the nature of how consoles work vs how computers work (a computer has to do a lot more processing just for the operating system, in addition to other technical things I wont bother with unless someone is truly curious, before you get into resources available for applications) and that there are some talented programmers out there, I highly doubt the Switch is capable of GCN or 3DS emulation. And we certainly wont see Wii emulation, but there are hardware reasons for that as well.

It will likely be a while before we see a console that attempts to emulate any modern systems. The 8- and 16-bit eras are pretty simple to emulate, given how simplistic their hardware was, but as computer systems become more powerful they also become more complex. The requirements for emulating are probably closer to exponential rather than a nice static incline.

Pokemon Power

It takes significantly more processing power to emulate a system than whatever power that system originally shipped with. While I'm not going to say it's completely impossible given the nature of how consoles work vs how computers work (a computer has to do a lot more processing just for the operating system, in addition to other technical things I wont bother with unless someone is truly curious, before you get into resources available for applications) and that there are some talented programmers out there, I highly doubt the Switch is capable of GCN or 3DS emulation. And we certainly wont see Wii emulation, but there are hardware reasons for that as well.

It will likely be a while before we see a console that attempts to emulate any modern systems. The 8- and 16-bit eras are pretty simple to emulate, given how simplistic their hardware was, but as computer systems become more powerful they also become more complex. The requirements for emulating are probably closer to exponential rather than a nice static incline.
Yeah, that's part of the reason why NES and SNES games are always the first made available. It's harder to emulate games that were originally released on Nintendo 64 and later Nintendo home consoles. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to remaster those games instead of just putting them on Switch VC.

Pokemon Power

There are some people who think the Nintendo Switch version of Sonic 1 will have the Drop Dash from Mania. We'll just have to see.

Do you think that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will announce the collaboration between the Pokémon and Mortal Kombat video game series?
Short answer, no. Pokemon wouldn't go that far in terms of violence.

Last edited by a moderator: