• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Furukawa doesn’t seem to be a memorable president of a huge company like Nintendo. I didn’t even know his name until this topic and I honestly thought it was Miyamoto that was in charge. Sad thing is the only thing memorable about Furukawa’s role a Nintendo’s president is the Switch and how it was a massive success.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?capId=875940&personId=376801160
Furukawa does not have much information online, sadly. His earliest work in Nintendo dates back to May 2012, when he became an outside director for TPC.

He's worked at Nintendo since 1994. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...umi-kimishima-to-step-down-on-june-28/.130871

Furukawa doesn’t seem to be a memorable president of a huge company like Nintendo. I didn’t even know his name until this topic and I honestly thought it was Miyamoto that was in charge. Sad thing is the only thing memorable about Furukawa’s role a Nintendo’s president is the Switch and how it was a massive success.

Kimishima is the president, Furukawa is succeeding him in June. He is not yet the president.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Kimishima was really nothing more than a figurehead. He never intended to stay in the position very long. They just needed a president quick and he's who got picked. Furukawa is sort of the "true" successor to Iwata. Went through all the bureaucratic nonsense to get the title, and unless he absolutely blows it he'll probably be around for quite a while.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I honestly thought Miyamoto would be president considering he created Nintendo’s biggest star and franchise. He would lead the company to new heights.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I honestly thought Miyamoto would be president considering he created Nintendo’s biggest star and franchise. He would lead the company to new heights.

Miyamoto is getting old now, and I don't think he had any desire to be president. Being president takes you away from most of the creative aspects of your company. And even so, Miyamoto has had little involvement in those things in recent years.

R_N

Well, that was a quick change in presidents. So Kimishima was just a stand in till they got someone better for the position.
I think they said as much when Kimishima was brought on, that it was a temporary position to hold over until they brought up the next successor

Vipsoccermaster

Well, that was a quick change in presidents. So Kimishima was just a stand in till they got someone better for the position.
An interim president, if you will. Wonder what vision Shuntaro Furukawa will bring to Nintendo. He'll have to make sure Nintendo Switch maintains momentum in order to sell about 20 million units for the fiscal year between Sunday, April 1, 2018 to Sunday, March 31, 2019, inclusive.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

To be fair, was there anything memorable about Kimishima? He kind of came out of nowhere too. And really, this is a business position. There's nothing inherently memorable about a guy in a business position.

I think they said as much when Kimishima was brought on, that it was a temporary position to hold over until they brought up the next successor

Yes, I do remember that being said.

Last edited:

BCVM22

For the most part, if you're hearing the name of the company president frequently, it means something significant on the business side is happening, or happened - a merger, an acquisition, or a failure of some sort.

Treat what Iwata did to be the public face of announcements and reveals during his tenure as the exception, not the rule.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
To be fair, was there anything memorable about Kimishima? He kind of came out of nowhere too. And really, this is a business position. There's nothing inherently memorable about a guy in a business position.

Yes, I do remember that being said.

I just remember him for the memes when he first started. Weird thing is I had no idea it was 2015 he started. I feel like it was recently but 2015 feels like ages ago

Vipsoccermaster

I just remember him for the memes when he first started. Weird thing is I had no idea it was 2015 he started. I feel like it was recently but 2015 feels like ages ago
Yeah, Kimishima became an interim president (of Nintendo) since Wednesday, September 16, 2015 and will last to Thursday, June 28, 2018. He was just there temporarily because Satoru Iwata died all of a sudden on Saturday, July 11, 2015.

Genos

TTYD
I'm ready for the Furukawa era.

Kimishima, thank you for your cooperation and dedication. You helped Nintendo recover from a heartbreaking loss back in July 2015. And made the Switch one of best selling consoles in gaming history.

Your memes are forever honored.

Pokemon Power

It's been nearly two months. Normally, at this time I ask, "When is the next Nintendo Direct?", but since this year's E3 is next month, I can't but wonder IF we are gonna get one beforehand.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I've seen a lot of talk about how necessary E3 is now compared to a decade ago, because every company and every producer wants their own thing now. Really for Nintendo Directs are just the next step up, because there's less direct competition, and they can do things at their own pace, when it's fairly obvious some years E3 is just some companies going "These things are coming, just you wait!", and outside of a title or a 30 second trailer have nothing else.

Nintendo Directs won't ever have a schedule, and that's a good thing, because it means they can reveal stuff when they feel it really needs revealed.