1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Phsy-Spark, Mar 17, 2015.

1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Sure, it's not like it can't happen, but as always, the question of "okay but WHEN will this specific game get ported?" has no answer.

2. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Well, Mario Kart 8 and DKC: Tropical Freeze were released in 2014, four years ago, and they got enhanced ports, so I consider them classics.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris 2 Cool 4 8-Bit School

I'd rather have a Tokyo Mirage Sessions port with an English dub. But sadly, that is just a wish for now.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Do you know what the definition of classic is? It needs to be old to be a classic. Mario Kart 8 and Tropical Freeze are not old, and neither is 3D World.

5. Pokemon Power

You got a point. Though it's not just 3D World that I like to see. I'd also like to see Pikmin 3 at some point. That turns five this year. Should that be considered a classic?

6. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

classics are generally more in the decade range, among other factors
    pikmin 1 or 2 aren't necessarily considered classics, for example.

7. Pokemon Power

Those games were first released in the early 2000's, they're probably considered classics now.

Let's get back on topic, I wanna eventually see Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 get enhanced ports on Switch, anybody else got a Wii U title they wanna see on Switch?

8. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Wonderful 101 would be nice. That game deserved better.

There's honestly not a lot more games to port which is probably why people tend to suggest the same 5 or so games (3D World, W101, Pikmin 3, #FE, XBX...). Like no one is jonseing for Amiibo Festival Switch or Mario Party 10 Switch or Fatal Frame.
    Mario Maker will probably get a sequel. Other games get very on-the-nose sequels (Splatoon 2, the new yarn yoshi, maybe smash)
    I'm sure Miyamoto will spear head a Star Fox Zero port now with more motion controls and hd rumble because clearly people just didnt "get it" before despite no one really being interested

9. Genos

Genos Spider-Man

Super Mario 3D World+Land would be great to have.

10. Pokemon Power

Don't get me wrong, Mario Party 10 was a good game, but I think it's impossible to import all it's content to the Switch, especially the Bowser Party mode.

11. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

my point was less "it's impossible" and more there's not enough people who actually care about the game that they'd double dip on a game like mario party 10. To underline the state of remaining "notable" wii u software.

12. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

I doubt they would re-release remastered games like Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD.

One game that might benefit from a re-release is Star Fox Zero, just remove the motion controls and it'll be a better experience.

13. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

The next Zelda to get a Remastered version will be Skyward Sword. Some of the motion controls were difficult to perform particularly navigating the Beetle up and down and controlling tthe mine cart to get to the Sandship. Four Sword Adventures Remastered would not be so bad either.

14. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I don't think any of the motion control was particularly difficulty to control. Not to mention it would be difficult, or really even impossible, to do Skyward Sword without motion controls in the first place.

15. Storm the Lycanroc

Haven't the developers started development on the next Legend of Zelda game? And don't they want all future games to have exploration like Breath of the Wild?

16. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris 2 Cool 4 8-Bit School

Nope. I don't think that's what they said.

17. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

they'd probably be handled by another company like Grezzo (Ocarina, Majora, 4 swords anniversary). Or another company to help with some overhauls, like WWHD (Hexadrive) or TPHD (Tantalus).
    & WWHD/TPHD prove that the next Zelda being in development wouldn't impact ports

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  18. Storm the Lycanroc

Guess it'll depend on if the next game is an original story or a remake.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  19. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

If nothing else, Aonuma has definitely expressed that BotW's style will likely become the standard.

20. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO