• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No one is arguing that, we're arguing what you originally had said. Nothing lasts forever, obviously the 3DS will eventually be discontinued, but now is not that time.
Do you think that they're gonna keep the 3DS alive long term? The 3DS is now 7 years old and there's this shiny new system that can do all it can do and better.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why the hell would you want to suddenly alienate a system with an audience still much larger than that of the Switch? That’s just a stupid decision no matter what.
Because the Switch renders the 3DS completely obsolete. They do this every time a system dies. They move on to the next one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Nintendo Network is far from shutting down, so what is the point of discontinuing the 3DS right now. And the Switch is just starting to grow out of its fledgling stages with the upcoming releases of Smash Switch and the new Pokémon games.

BCVM22

No one is saying that. What everyone is saying, and that you keep ignoring for some reason, is that they intend to continue producing and at least promoting, if not supporting the 3DS for another year-plus. What exactly is the confusion here that we need to keep going in circles like this?

Pokemon Power

I don't think that they will support the 3DS long term. It's 7 years old and out of date.
You're just so dead set on burying the 3DS, aren't you? Let me remind you that the last Nintendo DS game was released in 2014, which was a whole decade after it launched in 2004.

R_N

You're just so dead set on burying the 3DS, aren't you? Let me remind you that the last Nintendo DS game was released in 2014, which was a whole decade after it launched in 2004.
When we call a console dead, it's not literally based on "did a game release". The wii got a just dance game like last year, but no one would call the Wii a living console.
There were 2 games released on DS in 2014 and both of them were tie in products only released in America & PAL regions. A living console that isn't.

Anyway, while Riley's insistence on it dying here and now is overblown (we literally know games are coming in 2019 so its not until BIS it out at the earliest), I find the pushback on the 3DS even possibly dying equally weird. The 3DS cannot stay alive forever. It's dated hardware, all major series are moving to switch, the entire point of the switch both in terms of marketing and development is to not split the handheld/console market/dev teams. Surely we're not under the impression the 3DS shall be the eternal console?

Pokemon Forever Black & Shimmering White, coming fall 2024 to Switch Supreme and Nintendo 3DS

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When we call a console dead, it's not literally based on "did a game release". The wii got a just dance game like last year, but no one would call the Wii a living console.
There were 2 games released on DS in 2014 and both of them were tie in products only released in America & PAL regions. A living console that isn't.

Anyway, while Riley's insistence on it dying here and now is overblown (we literally know games are coming in 2019 so its not until BIS it out at the earliest), I find the pushback on the 3DS even possibly dying equally weird. The 3DS cannot stay alive forever. It's dated hardware, all major series are moving to switch, the entire point of the switch both in terms of marketing and development is to not split the handheld/console market/dev teams. Surely we're not under the impression the 3DS shall be the eternal console?

Pokemon Forever Black & Shimmering White, coming fall 2024 to Switch Supreme and Nintendo 3DS
Yeah. I'm agreeing with you. The 3DS is outdated and everything's going to the Switch. BIS I believe will be the 3DS's final major title. I believe that the 3DS will be officially discontinued in 2020.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

That's all good and well.

Except we were actually trying to make him understand a dockless Switch wasn't the final nail in the coffin for the 3DS and he's trying to be in denial by repeating the same damned "doomed" line.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's all good and well.

Except we were actually trying to make him understand a dockless Switch wasn't the final nail in the coffin for the 3DS and he's trying to be in denial by repeating the same damned "doomed" line.
Well, the 3DS isn't gonna last a long time. It's ridiculous to think that it will be supported beyond next year.