• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm thinking there should be a new Nintendo Direct in August that will give us fans full details on how Switch Online will work.
That seems about right. I’m sure the service has more to offer than what we know so far and a Direct will give all the details we need. I’m really hoping for Netflix and YouTube apps as well as a fully functional web browser.

R_N

That seems about right. I’m sure the service has more to offer than what we know so far and a Direct will give all the details we need. I’m really hoping for Netflix and YouTube apps as well as a fully functional web browser.
They've been pretty clear about what this provides:
-online play that had otherwise been free
-NES games with online multiplayer
-cloud saves
-~*special offers*~

There's no reason to announce netflix or youtube apps or anything of the sort here because it wouldn't be included with the subscription.

The last time they had a blow out of information it was a press release and an update to the website. The safer assumption is they just do that again, because why wouldn't they. The first update was the big information drop.

Vipsoccermaster

Here's hoping we get more news of the Online Service in August. You know, a real release date?

Seriously, just a full month left before it launches.
I think the service is due to go live during the last full week of September 2018. So that's still a slight under two months away from launch.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
jQLFe8H.jpg

Octopath Traveler celebrates over a million shipped units worldwide, and also with digital sales.

https://twitter.com/OCTOPATH_PR/status/1025275086025060352

1,000,000 Travelers!

1,000,000 Thanks!

We’ve surpassed 1 million in worldwide shipments and digital sales.

We’re grateful and it brings tears to our eyes.

Thank you very, very much for all of your warm support!

And thank you for your continued support for Octopath Traveler!

Huh. Why does the shape of the image look a bit too...familiar?

Pokemon Power

The Smash Direct was awesome!! There was a lot of stuff I didn't expect, such as Richter as Simon's Echo Fighter and the Stage Morph feature.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know, I was initially apprehensive about Nintendo having a paid online service, but the price!

It's only $20 a year! One year! That's not a bad deal at all for playing Smash, Pokémon, and other dope games. PSN and Xbox Live both charge $59.99 for a year of service, so you can get three years of Nintendo Switch Online for the same price as the other two. Totally not a bad deal.

Still, I hope the Gen 8 Pokémon games are free. Nintendo did specify that most games will require the paid service to play online. I'm hoping the 2019 title is among the few that won't.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Still, I hope the Gen 8 Pokémon games are free. Nintendo did specify that most games will require the paid service to play online. I'm hoping the 2019 title is among the few that won't.

If it is not free, though, Nintendo could VERY easily gain a lot of money.

Never underestimate the annoying children crying to their parents "I WANT IT NOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!"

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You know, I was initially apprehensive about Nintendo having a paid online service, but the price!

It's only $20 a year! One year! That's not a bad deal at all for playing Smash, Pokémon, and other dope games. PSN and Xbox Live both charge $59.99 for a year of service, so you can get three years of Nintendo Switch Online for the same price as the other two. Totally not a bad deal.

Bank sure better be free at the least.
All you're doing is going into it for what, 5 minutes tops each time you use it?

Having to have a membership just to use Bank, which you're already paying a subscription for is just dumb.
Microsoft and Sony's prices are actually justified. They have far superior servers and services than Nintendo does, and Microsoft actually lets you keep the FOUR games they give you each month. Nintendo just takes the game away, which is even worse than Sony blocking access from them until you renew your membership. And those two actually have games they require constant Online connection GTA Online, Crew, Gears, Battlefield, Fallout 76..... all Switch has is the overrated Fortnite. I don't understand at all why Microsoft and Sony still get **** to this day on their subscriptions while Nintendo seems to get a pass "Because it's cheap"

I hope they at least sell Nintendo Membership whatever cards at Gamestop like Microsoft and Sony do.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
All you're doing is going into it for what, 5 minutes tops each time you use it?

Having to have a membership just to use Bank, which you're already paying a subscription for is just dumb.
Microsoft and Sony's prices are actually justified. They have far superior servers and services than Nintendo does, and Microsoft actually lets you keep the FOUR games they give you each month. Nintendo just takes the game away, which is even worse than Sony blocking access from them until you renew your membership. And those two actually have games they require constant Online connection GTA Online, Crew, Gears, Battlefield, Fallout 76..... all Switch has is the overrated Fortnite. I don't understand at all why Microsoft and Sony still get **** to this day on their subscriptions while Nintendo seems to get a pass "Because it's cheap"

I hope they at least sell Nintendo Membership whatever cards at Gamestop like Microsoft and Sony do.

Both Sony and Microsoft supposedly have a history of s****ing on their customers with insane restrictions, fees, and/or setbacks, Microsoft more so.

Nintendo is usually very dependable. The only reason Nintendo will now have a paid service is to cover the cost managing the online traffic of both Smash Bros. and Pokémon, the latter having an average range of 100,000 to 500,000 users online simultaneously, its peak being 3.4 million in 2007, with Diamond & Pearl (according to data from the Global Link website).

Having this with Smash Bros. on the same system will require a lot more than the 3DS can handle (not to mention the graphics), thus the change. If anyone can justify the price for online play, it's Nintendo. That's my take, anyway.

R_N

The bank is entirely unrelated to nintendo's online services and will almost certainly require a separate fee to maintain its own cloud servers.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The bank is entirely unrelated to nintendo's online services and will almost certainly require a separate fee to maintain its own cloud servers.

Yeah, I'm sure you won't need the Nintendo Switch Online to use Pokémon Bank. I likely won't be using it anymore, though, so I'm good.

I only had it before because I had way too good of a team in X & Y to give them up. Plus, I wanted a Kanto Vulpix, which only Silver could provide.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's already relieving Nintendo has finally announced a time for the launch of Nintendo Switch Online in September. But still the price is good, considering it costs at 20 USD a year and it's much better than the yearly subscriptions for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. That much to play Smash Bros and Mario Kart for a year online would be good.

Pokemon Power

You know, I heard a while back that Sega was gonna start Sega Ages on Nintendo Switch sometime this month in Japan with Sonic 1 and Thunder Force IV. Does anyone know the exact day this month when it's starting?

BCVM22

"Q3 2018" is still the only official word, which on paper is any time between July 1 and September 30.

As a wholly digital product it's entirely possible it'll be a day-of-announcement release in some coming week.