• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Rio!

Composer
Cute idea for the charging dock, but the color combo is kind of gross; at first I had thought they were both yellow but meh.
I wouldn't mind getting ahold of a yellow joy con though, especially if they're sold seperately on the official pokecen site.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yellow and Beige wouldn’t have been so bad. That shade of brown just doesn’t look good on the plastic at all. It just looks ugly. If the console was pure white and came with two brown Joy-Cons then it wouldn’t be as terrible looking as it does.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
lmfao
pee and poo is what it reminds me of when I think of brown and yellow... so mature. Although I didn't think of that until I saw the post of brown and yellow being the colours.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The Joy-Cons are the color of Eevee and Pikachu. I fail to see what's so bad about that. No one says Pikachu and Eevee are aesthetically unpleasing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's because colors on them look nice with the designs. Separate those colors, and it's wide open to interpretation.

They give you the clear context of Pikachu and Eevee plastered all over the system. I don't think there's much room for interpretation.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
They should have went yellow with red buttons on one side, and then brown with beige buttons on the other side, in my opinion. I would have bought that for extra money, but otherwise I'll go for the normal system.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The colors.

Are.

Separate.

They have no designs directly in or on them.

If you chose to think of the Joy-Cons as separate, sure, but they're a part of the full package, which includes a Switch with Pikachu and Eevee plastered multiple times over the back, and a dock with them in full color to boot.

That being said, the Joy-Cons could have looked so much cooler if they put Pikahu's back stripes on the back of one and Eevee's tail pattern on the bottom of the other.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Wait, what do we know?

What did I miss?
I said “potentially”. :p But I think the Mega Man 11 demo was going to be announced in this Direct and something else that’s not too big

EDIT: Nintendo Online Service is also coming on the 19th with info in the Direct

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This service is a paid subscription that is required to play Nintendo Switch games online with other players.

Haha, oh wow. I knew this was coming, but I can't wait to see people's reactions to this.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Haha, oh wow. I knew this was coming, but I can't wait to see people's reactions to this.

At first I was bummed, but I understand the necessity of it now.

Pokémon has one of the largest online player bases of any franchise, having over 100,000 players or more at any given time, and at its peak having had over 3 million players online at once (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, 2007). Over time, it got hella tough to keep up, with all the lag, and adding Smash Bros. into the mix didn't help. The 3DS just can't handle it anymore. Nintendo had to switch (lol), and it will be much more costly to manage the servers this time around. Thus, we gotta fork over that cash.

20 bucks a year is a good deal, though. I'm totally down.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Now: “Nintendo keeps using P2P connections which are crap compared to XBone/PS4. I can’t backup my Splatoon 2 stuff on the cloud. Gah they suck” I’m aware P2P isn’t the best thing to do don’t nag on me unless I’m wrong

- Three months later -

“Hey dudes let’s get online and play some damn Smash Bros”

It’ll pass. The grass will still be green.

R_N

It'll pass out of necessity but that doesnt make it less dumb

for example, we'll deal with the voice chat thing but being tied to an app is beyond stupid

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It'll pass out of necessity but that doesnt make it less dumb

for example, we'll deal with the voice chat thing but being tied to an app is beyond stupid
That I can agree on (and doesn’t Fortnite on the Switch literally let you do this with a tap of a button?). The cloud save thing I’m more forgiving since they’ll never allow people to clone their Pokémon and for Splatoon 2, rank shenanigans.

R_N

That I can agree on (and doesn’t Fortnite on the Switch literally let you do this with a tap of a button?). The cloud save thing I’m more forgiving since they’ll never allow people to clone their Pokémon and for Splatoon 2, rank shenanigans.
The other issue with cloud saving is it is the only option to back up your saves. Something other consoles offer is for you to do local back ups. Even the 3DS allows you to make back ups.