• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm just a bit concerned about linking user accounts to Nintendo accounts. Since I don't have a Switch right now, my account is on my friend's device so she can play a few games I have. Kind of disappointed that I'll have to unlink that now, rather than when I get a new device in a couple months.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm just a bit concerned about linking user accounts to Nintendo accounts. Since I don't have a Switch right now, my account is on my friend's device so she can play a few games I have. Kind of disappointed that I'll have to unlink that now, rather than when I get a new device in a couple months.
Why would you lend your account to a friend in the first place? Can't they make their own?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
"Accidents happen"
Yeah, that's why Pokemon should have cloud saves. Nintendo is the only console I've had crap out on me. A Gamecube and a Wii, Gamecube was easily replaced without worry due to the memory card.... but the Wii was my worst experience as they only sold the Wii without Gamecube backwards compatibility.

Now that Pokemon memory is on the console and not a memory card, I worry one day the Switch won't read my games anymore and my Pokemon will be ****ed! It's just a stupid selfish decision to stop cloning.... no other way of explaining it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
"Accidents happen"
Yeah, that's why Pokemon should have cloud saves. Nintendo is the only console I've had crap out on me. A Gamecube and a Wii, Gamecube was easily replaced without worry due to the memory card.... but the Wii was my worst experience as they only sold the Wii without Gamecube backwards compatibility.

Yes, accidents happen, and Nintendo is doing a favor to you by offering cloud saves. It is not something they owe you or that they are obliged in any way to provide.

Now that Pokemon memory is on the console and not a memory card, I worry one day the Switch won't read my games anymore and my Pokemon will be ****ed!

But now you don't have to worry about losing your tiny game card, it's not all bad.

It's just a stupid selfish decision to stop cloning.... no other way of explaining it.

That's exactly why they did it, and it's not them being selfish, it's them properly doing their job. It would be irresponsible of them to allow such a massive exploit.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There will be a Smash bundle and Joy-Cons that will release on November 2. It will also include a download code for a digital copy of Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m definitely getting Final Fantasy VII and the X collection as soon as they come out. I’ve played a bit of both and I liked them. FF IX I’m not sure about yet. I also want The World Ends With You Final Remix, Yoshi’s Crafted World and Animal Crossing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
2019 is looking to already be stupidly good. Luigi’s Mansion 3, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokemon Gen VIII, and Animal Crossing alone are going to make the Switch sell even better with how popular these franchises are.

Don't forget the somewhat likely Metroid Prime 4. We really do have a big year coming.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Why would you lend your account to a friend in the first place? Can't they make their own?

Because my friend isn't in the same financial position as me and wanted to try some games that I already had digitally purchased, so because I didn't have a device right now and I'm not awful... I let her? Like. It was a really simple decision. Put restrictions on so she had to use the password to purchase - she doesn't know the password - and it was ready to go. My problem here is actually that we're moving from such a flexible system to the same old crap.

Not sure how wouldn't see that there are like, dozens of reasons to potentially share an account, or to have an account that you might need to move. The concept of a family comes to mind, especially if there's a shared device and then someone decides to get their own.

Pokemon Power

I've noticed something about the Wii U games Nintendo has been re-releasing on Switch. It seems like they're planning to do three every year. In 2017, we got Switch versions of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Pokken Tournament, and this year, we got Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. They've already confirmed that New Super Mario Bros. U will be the next Wii U title to come to Switch in 2019, so I wonder what other titles they'll put on there. Me, I'm hoping for Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3.

Rio!

Composer
It's mildly funny how salty Nintendo fans can be, lol.
Legitimate concerns are one thing, while complaining just to complain isn't helpful in the least.
We've known this subscription deal has been an impending event for the past year at least, especially when the game library has been steadily increasing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I liked how FF VII was coming to the Switch although I wanted it on the 3DS. I think it’d be a cool new exclusive feature to feed the Chocobos before a race using the touch screen similarly to Pokémon Refresh and Amie.

BCVM22

The hatred for the online service is strong. The Youtube video for it has very nearly twice the dislikes (8.4k) compared to likes (4.3k) (as of this post).

Someone seeking intelligent life amidst YouTube comments and likes and sometimes even videos would find themselves still wanting.

BCVM22

That is mostly what I’m implying, yes.

I wouldn’t even say “what an outcry,” because that’s the space occupied by some of the absolute dumbest, most clueless, most entitled, most... boy there are a lot of other adjectives here... people, and whatever a very good number of these people think, assume the opposite is true.

I may be exaggerating but only slightly, if I am.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Even with the cloud storage I still don't know whether it's better to purchase games physically or digitally. So even if a system is damaged beyond repair can you still transfer the data and account to another system?

Pokemon Power

I gotta say, everyone has one thing they don't like about Switch Online, including me. For me, "renting" an NES game isn't as good as "buying it" so I can keep it indefinitely.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I gotta say, everyone has one thing they don't like about Switch Online, including me. For me, "renting" an NES game isn't as good as "buying it" so I can keep it indefinitely.
But then since the games do not need to be purchased individually once the player pays for a membership, I think it’s better that they’re locked behind a paywall rather than being available for rent. But I think it’ll be better if the games can be purchased without membership so that they can be played indefinitely at least but without the online play.

Pokemon Power

But then since the games do not need to be purchased individually once the player pays for a membership, I think it’s better that they’re locked behind a paywall rather than being available for rent. But I think it’ll be better if the games can be purchased without membership so that they can be played indefinitely at least but without the online play.
That's what I mean by "renting", you don't completely own them.