• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I also had a thought that maybe they could make an interquel between Samus Returns and Super where the Baby plays a bigger role in the gameplay. I loved how at the end of Samus Returns you could use the Baby to explore the rest of SR388 and use it to help you get the last few Expansions and I think that's worth exploring a little more gameplay wise, the Baby could get some of its own powerups and grow stronger throughout the game along with Samus. Not as sure they're going to do that though.

I'd be interested in that, but I'm not sure if Metroid needs another interquel. If we get a new game, it really should push the story forward.

Maybe, but it's not like they can just pull another 3D game out of their ass soon enough to tide people over from Prime 4 aside from ports/remasters. 2D games would take less time to develop so they could feasibly be released quicker. So unless they want to take risks re-releasing some of the more controversial games in the series like Other M or Federation Force, those are pretty much their only other options.

Of course.

Though, come to think of it, personally, I'd be much more interested in a Federation Force on the Switch than I was on the 3DS. My biggest hurdle to getting Federation Force was that to play multiplayer, you had to have multiple people, with multiple 3DS's, and multiple copies of the game. Since they made it seem like multiplayer was a big part of that game, it just made me lose any interest I would have had otherwise. Put it one the Switch, and all it would require is one system and one game. Of course, it's probably too soon to port that game, and I tend to be against ports in general, so it's not the best idea either.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I hope we get the reveal of Gen 8 along with some news on Bayonetta 3, the FF ports, an announcement of FF VI also being ported to the Switch, and info on the status of Metroid Prime 4’s production. A new Smash DLC reveal would also be nice.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I hope we get the reveal of Gen 8 along with some news on Bayonetta 3, the FF ports, an announcement of FF VI also being ported to the Switch, and info on the status of Metroid Prime 4’s production. A new Smash DLC reveal would also be nice.
Why would they reveal new DLC for Smash when we don’t even have Joker’s gameplay yet? Also we literally got a status update for Metroid Prime 4 like three weeks ago.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Why would they reveal new DLC for Smash when we don’t even have Joker’s gameplay yet? Also we literally got a status update for Metroid Prime 4 like three weeks ago.
What I meant by Prime’s update is maybe a little peak at the art style. It must look different than the original game.

BCVM22

We aren’t getting “a little peak at the art style” a month after they went public with the fact that they had restarted development on the title from the ground up.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
We aren’t getting “a little peak at the art style” a month after they went public with the fact that they had restarted development on the title from the ground up.
Which means all they have is concept art and Metriod Prime Trilogy assets. I'm willing to bet all they'd be able to show is a HD sequence of something we've already seen on the Wii.

Given that announcement a few weeks ago, I'd be surprised if we saw anything MP4 related this year. The only way you'll see any Metroid related stuff in this Direct will be due to Smash news, and that is stuff we already have in our hands.

With all the tweets are about Fire Emblem, I'd be betting at least 10 minutes will be on that game alone. As for Pokémon News? Won't be Gen 8, we've had Pokémon Direct for Gen 6 and Gen 7 Announcements.

Pokemon Power

Which means all they have is concept art and Metriod Prime Trilogy assets. I'm willing to bet all they'd be able to show is a HD sequence of something we've already seen on the Wii.

Given that announcement a few weeks ago, I'd be surprised if we saw anything MP4 related this year. The only way you'll see any Metroid related stuff in this Direct will be due to Smash news, and that is stuff we already have in our hands.

With all the tweets are about Fire Emblem, I'd be betting at least 10 minutes will be on that game alone. As for Pokémon News? Won't be Gen 8, we've had Pokémon Direct for Gen 6 and Gen 7 Announcements.
They might do Gen 8 as the final announcement of the Direct. Remember last March? Smash Ultimate was the last announcement then, and some people like myself thought they'd wait until E3 that year.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They might do Gen 8 as the final announcement of the Direct. Remember last March? Smash Ultimate was the last announcement then, and some people like myself thought they'd wait until E3 that year.

Doesn't matter, Game Freak have made it abundantly clear that they want to make their own announcements on their own schedule. This has nothing to do with waiting, it has to do with Game Freak not wanting to use normal Directs for a reveal in the first place. The best you can hope for Pokémon-wise from a regular Direct is a spin-off announcement.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't count on anything Pokemon or Metroid related, neither makes sense. Directs are so rarely the platform for Pokemon news, and there's just nothing to show for Metroid.

Pokemon Power

Don't count on anything Pokemon or Metroid related, neither makes sense. Directs are so rarely the platform for Pokemon news, and there's just nothing to show for Metroid.
OK, but if they do announce something related to either one, don't say I didn't say anything.

BCVM22

OK, but if they do announce something related to either one, don't say I didn't say anything.

These conversations would be so much less obnoxious if we didn't treat them like a sporting event with points. Who would have possibly said after the fact, "nuh uh, you didn't say anything" as if they were going to hold back a sticker or something from you?

Pokemon Power

If they're doing DLC for the Switch version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and have a style in Super Mario Maker 2 based on Super Mario 3D World, then I wonder if we'll get the game as the next Wii U to Switch port, and if they'll add the Wii U exclusive levels based on the game in a future update to Treasure Tracker.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, so that FFIX port sounds like a bad idea to purchase. It's got quite a lot of cons, like the sound quality, softer sound effects, BGM resetting every time a battle is over, the ugly mobile UI...

I'll buy the port only when it's on sale.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Okay, so that FFIX port sounds like a bad idea to purchase. It's got quite a lot of cons, like the sound quality, softer sound effects, BGM resetting every time a battle is over, the ugly mobile UI...

I'll buy the port only when it's on sale.
What would this potentially mean for FFVII?

I'm planning on getting it anyway, but hopefully there isn't too much wrong with it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What would this potentially mean for FFVII?

I'm planning on getting it anyway, but hopefully there isn't too much wrong with it.
Squenix has a very sketchy track record with ports of old games before the PS2 era. I've heard porting old FF games before FFX comes with sacrifices.

The only drawback I've heard from porting FFVII to PC was the whole soundtrack going MIDI. That change obliterated "One Winged Angel" something fierce.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Squenix has a very sketchy track record with ports of old games before the PS2 era. I've heard porting old FF games before FFX comes with sacrifices.

The only drawback I've heard from porting FFVII to PC was the whole soundtrack going MIDI. That change obliterated "One Winged Angel" something fierce.
What if it took from the PS4 version, would it be any better?

Edit: Actually, which version would it take after?

Edit 2: I read that the PS4 version actually doesn't have the MIDI music problem.

Edit 3: From the final fantasy wiki regarding VII on Steam: The music is now in OGG format. The music is identical to the PlayStation music as of patch v1.0.9.
(Originally it was an upgraded version of the original MIDI music in OGG format.)

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm pretty sure that Squenix has fixed the major complaints with their awful ports, the problem was that they used their mobile versions as the base when porting to PC and consoles.