• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Ascended Dialga

A wishlist of things I'd like to see get released on Nintendo Switch:

• A sequel or follow-up to Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness
  • Any four of the following characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate released as DLC: King Boo, Mike Jones, Sora, Sephiroth, Banjo & Kazooie, Prince of Persia, Gunvolt, Jason Frudnick, Ryu Hayabusa, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, or Aero the Acro-Bat
  • Splatoon 3 with the following features: playable Octolings from the start, a deep and involving main story mode that surpasses even the Octo Expansion, 24/7 Salmon Run, Flounder Heights and Saltspray Rig returned as stages, screen time for all the sub and special weapons previously exclusive to the first game (such as the Seeker bomb and the Killer Wail), and every music track from the first two games in some form
  • The Bioshock trilogy
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • The Batman Arkham games
  • Metroid Prime trilogy remastered in HD
  • Super Mario Sunshine HD
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD
  • The first three Paper Mario games remastered in HD, plus a new Paper Mario game
  • A new Mario & Luigi game
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
  • Mario Golf Switch
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2
  • Remakes of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
  • An officially localized release of Mother 3
  • The following NES games for the Online service: Tetris, Yoshi's Cookie, The Guardian Legend, The Battle of Olympus, Bionic Commando, Lifeforce, Adventure Island, Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3, Rygar, Rad Racer, Fire 'n Ice, Castlevania 1 2 & 3, Contra, Super C, Final Fantasy, Battletoads, Journey to Silius, and Earthbound Beginnings
  • Add SNES games to Nintendo Switch Online
  • A 3D Sonic game that's actually good

Pokemon Power

A wishlist of things I'd like to see get released on Nintendo Switch:

• A sequel or follow-up to Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness
  • Any four of the following characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate released as DLC: King Boo, Mike Jones, Sora, Sephiroth, Banjo & Kazooie, Prince of Persia, Gunvolt, Jason Frudnick, Ryu Hayabusa, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, or Aero the Acro-Bat
  • Splatoon 3 with the following features: playable Octolings from the start, a deep and involving main story mode that surpasses even the Octo Expansion, 24/7 Salmon Run, Flounder Heights and Saltspray Rig returned as stages, screen time for all the sub and special weapons previously exclusive to the first game (such as the Seeker bomb and the Killer Wail), and every music track from the first two games in some form
  • The Bioshock trilogy
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • The Batman Arkham games
  • Metroid Prime trilogy remastered in HD
  • Super Mario Sunshine HD
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD
  • The first three Paper Mario games remastered in HD, plus a new Paper Mario game
  • A new Mario & Luigi game
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
  • Mario Golf Switch
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2
  • Remakes of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
  • An officially localized release of Mother 3
  • The following NES games for the Online service: Tetris, Yoshi's Cookie, The Guardian Legend, The Battle of Olympus, Bionic Commando, Lifeforce, Adventure Island, Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3, Rygar, Rad Racer, Fire 'n Ice, Castlevania 1 2 & 3, Contra, Super C, Final Fantasy, Battletoads, Journey to Silius, and Earthbound Beginnings
  • Add SNES games to Nintendo Switch Online
  • A 3D Sonic game that's actually good
Some of those I can agree with, such as Crash in Smash Ultimate, a new Mario Golf, SNES games on Switch Online and remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Though the one that sounds too soon for me is Splatoon 3. I think they're just gonna keep adding stuff to Splatoon 2 for a while.

KillerDraco

Though the one that sounds too soon for me is Splatoon 3. I think they're just gonna keep adding stuff to Splatoon 2 for a while.

They've already added the final weapons and stages, and Splatfests are scheduled to end in 2019. So Splatoon 2 is nearing the end of its update cycle at this point. Doubt they're going to rush to put out Splatoon 3, though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
They've already added the final weapons and stages, and Splatfests are scheduled to end in 2019. So Splatoon 2 is nearing the end of its update cycle at this point. Doubt they're going to rush to put out Splatoon 3, though.
Sort of an aside note on this, but I'm glad I've been doing almost every splatfest in Splatoon 2. One of my regrets was not doing it in the regular Splatoon.

I also need to beat both story modes in Splatoon 2.

R_N

Nintendo is generally a one & done per series per console thing, especially for multiplayer things, and I see Splatoon occupying the same space as, like, Smash Bros. Splatoon 2 will be the switch's only splatoon even when they stop updating it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Against all odds, Squenix has actually updated Final Fantasy VII with ver. 1.0.1 that fixes the audio bug that looped the overworld music back from the beginning whenever returning from battle. And it has also fixed cutscene transitions.

Wow. Now I'm tempted to buy the game when it goes on sale.

I really, really hope they do this for FFIX (and get rid of the 8-directional movement).

Pokemon Power

Just about three weeks until Nintendo's E3 Direct for the year. I'm willing to bet Pokemon Sword and Shield will be getting a lot of attention, and there will be new info for Luigi's Mansion 3 and the new Animal Crossing. In terms of new stuff, I'm hoping for Super Mario 3D World on Switch, the next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and SNES games getting their own Classic Game Selection app for Switch Online.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just about three weeks until Nintendo's E3 Direct for the year. I'm willing to bet Pokemon Sword and Shield will be getting a lot of attention, and there will be new info for Luigi's Mansion 3 and the new Animal Crossing. In terms of new stuff, I'm hoping for Super Mario 3D World on Switch, the next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and SNES games getting their own Classic Game Selection app for Switch Online.
If SNES games are coming to the Switch Online services, games I’m really hoping we get either at launch or later on are Starfox 2, Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, and Mario Paint since the Joy Cons can move wirelessly and independently.

*Edit* Chrono Trigger and FF III (aka VI) are also games that I really want to play on the Switch.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Team Sonic Racing is perhaps the worst version on the Switch, being only able to run at somewhat stable 30fps, getting a nasty hit to around 20fps during 4-player races on the same console, and now...

It doesn't even have the opening cutscene because it's apparently too big to fit on a cartridge.

Incredible that you can get even worse in performance from Sonic Forces.

Don't care at all about frame rates, but the lack of an opening cutscene saddens me. Is that even a realistic reason though? Being too big for the cartridge? I can't imagine that Team Sonic Racing is the most space-consuming game out there and a cutscene shouldn't be all that large, in the grand scheme of things.

I have the game for the Switch already, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Probably will check it out this weekend.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cutscene isn't even in the digital version.

Screw this game.
Honestly it was the trailer that made me not want the game. It really made no sense, had a really obvious Mario rip off that looked horrible, and barely showed us any gameplay or what made it different than all the other Mario Kart clones out there other than Sonic characters being in the game.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The game is 6.6GB on Switch.

On PS4, it's 13.97GB.

The cartridge Sega chose to store the game is 8GB. They could have gotten 16GB or 32GB.

The cutscene was more or less the same size as the rest of the game (unless compression was involved in compressing the rest of the game).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The game is 6.6GB on Switch.

On PS4, it's 13.97GB.

The cartridge Sega chose to store the game is 8GB. They could have gotten 16GB or 32GB.

The cutscene was more or less the same size as the rest of the game (unless compression was involved in compressing the rest of the game).

That makes absolutely no sense. What was going through their minds? And how does a cutscene take up as much space as a whole game?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That makes absolutely no sense. What was going through their minds? And how does a cutscene take up as much space as a whole game?
I think it's because Sega is running low on money and can't afford the right optimization.

I also think this directly affected Atlus, as the latest 3 games on the 3DS are usually dubbed but they weren't.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I was tempted to purchase Assassins Creed 3 Remastered for the Switch but decided against it since the reviews are bad. Most of them saying it's a poorly optimized cash grab by Ubisoft.