• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't know about you guys, but I could go for a new Nintendo Direct this month. I'm still hoping for a Switch port of Super Mario 3D World.
Seems likely since Nintendo keeps releasing ports of both Wii and Wii U games. I’m personally hoping for a Skyward Sword port that has more responsive motion controls for stuff like the Beetle or operating the mine carts in the Desert to get to the Sandship.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To every owner of a previous gen console, which counts the Wii U:

Today is the final day you can buy DuckTales: Remastered for less than $4 digitally. After today, the game will essentially DIE and NEVER be distributed again. NOT EVEN AS A PORT TO NEWER CONSOLES.

Rio!

Composer

Today is the final day you can buy DuckTales: Remastered for less than $4 digitally. After today, the game will essentially DIE and NEVER be distributed again. NOT EVEN AS A PORT TO NEWER CONSOLES.
Was that just for WiiU? I was going to pick it up on my 3ds but only saw the trailer. xD

Pokemon Power

Don't you think the Wii U discussion page would be a better place to post this?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That thread is dead and everyone is paying attention to this one. Don't you worry. The earth won't split open and swallow the Eiffel Tower for this.
The Switch is pretty much the Wii U minus the touchpad when you think of it. There are so many ports of Wii U games on the Switch and it seems that more Wii U games will find their way. We’ve gotten Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta downloadable game combo, New Super Mario Bros U, BotW, Captain Toad, And Mario Kart 8 and that’s just barely the surface. I’m sure if the contract for Disney and Capcom hadn’t expired that Ducktales Remastered would have eventually been put onto the Switch.

Pokemon Power

The Switch is pretty much the Wii U minus the touchpad when you think of it. There are so many ports of Wii U games on the Switch and it seems that more Wii U games will find their way. We’ve gotten Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta downloadable game combo, New Super Mario Bros U, BotW, Captain Toad, And Mario Kart 8 and that’s just barely the surface. I’m sure if the contract for Disney and Capcom hadn’t expired that Ducktales Remastered would have eventually been put onto the Switch.
Don't forget DKC Tropical Freeze and Pokken Tournament DX.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's like they wanna get every Final Fantasy game ever made on Switch.
We're so never getting FFXI because FFXIV took its mantle.

FFXV can't run on Switch due to using its own heavy-end engine, which is the same case for FFVIIR.

And if we want to get technical, we don't have the enhanced PSP/mobile versions of Final Fantasy I through VI.

Due to no Virtual Console, FFVII to FFXII are the best candidates...and we are already covering those.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
After seeing the Indie World video, I gotta say, that Earth Night game (the dragon one that looks like a Rayman game) looks pretty cool. Also, I was interested in Close to the Sun when that first released, so seeing it released on console now is pretty sweet. There were a couple other games that I can't recall right now that looked interesting as well. Apparently, the chat was incredibly toxic (or at least, much more so than usual), so I'm glad I didn't have to experience that. I like watching all the haters self-destruct and turn on each other during E3 livestreams (a guilty pleasure, I know), but this sounds like it wouldn't have been any fun to watch unfold. And if we're talking about putting all the FF games onto the Switch...

I, too, have also never played FF14 for technical reasons. Offline-only FF14 please?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Switch Dragon Quest XI demo is really fun. It gives you 10 hours of the story and you can carry over progress.

I would definitely recommend it.

(Although why did it pop up an error twice in the roughly 12 hours I played it?)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Definitely. Can say the same with the Dragon Quest Builders 2 demo. What kind of error showed up?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Definitely. Can say the same with the Dragon Quest Builders 2 demo. What kind of error showed up?
First time, the screen went black with some text asking if I wanted to send the error message (or something) to Nintendo, which I did.

Second time, the screen froze and went to black with text saying that the game was going to close out.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ah that's not good. Hope they patch those issues out.