1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Phsy-Spark, Mar 17, 2015.

1. wolf jani

wolf jani the sadistic Tranquill

I'm definitely getting this one cause It's cheaper and I was only going to play on handheld anyways. And I don't play Nintendo games other than Pokémon so it doesn't affect me that much.

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Well at least it's more affordable to trade with yourself now
    I wish this model did exist last year though, cause it's perfect... I don't dock my Switch. Never have

Pyrax, WishIhadaManafi5 and wolf jani like this.
  3. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

I may consider getting a Switch Lite for a Second console, but Local trading is the main reason I'll be grabbing it.

I'm personally disappointed with the lack of TV support, I'm just wondering if it's the issue with the Official Dock not letting you slide it in, or built in to internal hardware. or software.

I wonder if I can use the same account on both consoles, especially in games like Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee/SwSh..

WishIhadaManafi5 and wolf jani like this.
  4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I’d only get the Switch Lite for trading Pokémon and maybe Animal Crossing to get stuff faster but not much else. I’m quite satisfied with the original model and I don’t mind the size when I play it in handheld. I also like the HD Rumble effect when playing Let’s Go and Mortal Kombat 11. I dock my system to charge it and am usually using my docked console to watch YouTube every night for hours. YouTube is literally the software I use the most on the Switch. I have thousands of hours logged into it. If Netflix gets released on the Switch in the future then that will also be used very often in docked mode.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Pyrax

Pyrax Outlaw for Life

A smaller Switch revision was a given, but now I'm reminded of that WSJ rumour about two revisions. A more powerful model later on to coincide with the PS5 and NexBox would be an interesting scenario imo.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  6. Genos

Genos Sigh...Summertime

It's finally been revealed.

I'm not going to buy it but my brother will. With the special SwSh edition.

wolf jani likes this.
  7. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm gonna buy a Switch Lite, because I already own a regular Switch. But I do wanna know one thing: can the Switch Lite fit into my pants pocket?

wolf jani likes this.
  8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The dimensions of the Switch Lite are as follows:
    - 3.6 by 8.2 inches (9.1 cm × 20.8 cm)
    - 0.61 pounds

A Joy-Con-toting original Switch model goes:
    - 4 by 9.4 inches

I do not know or or possess any interest in how big your pants pockets are, but work from that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Pyrax and wolf jani like this.
  9. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

I misread that and skipped Pockets... and I really show my age with by comparing your Trousers to MC Hammer own.

10. Platina2000

Platina2000 Well-Known Member

Seeing that I don't go anywhere enough, and I'm content with the Switch I have, I'm going to skip the Switch Lite for now. Maybe in 10 to 15 years, I'll buy it for collectors sake, but in the meantime, I'm happy with what I got.

wolf jani likes this.
  11. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I'm probably going to get one so that my mom can play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Also, I could trade evolve in Pokemon games, so there's that.

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

I love the Switch Lite. I really don’t play my OG Switch often enough right now, and it’s mostly because it’s not quite as portable as I had thought it might be. I think I’ll probably play some games - like Pokemon - more often handheld, and some - like BOTW and the incoming sequel - docked, so having my current Switch stay docked is less of an issue in this case.

Hoping there’s account sharing between the two devices by then though, so that I can play the same save file on both devices occasionally, depending on circumstance and all that.

13. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Gone through the news articles about the Switch Lite and saw a price tag. Apparently 250 bucks in my country. Absolutely overpriced, especially since there are a ton of discounts for the normal Switch model around the 270 mark.

I don't get why it's so expensive, if there's no need for a docking station worth around 80-90 bucks. Plus no detachable joy-cons and no HD rumble. Only the battery is a bit better and it's a bit less heavy, which are both a plus for people who travel a lot, but that's still not an excuse for the skyhigh price for the Switch Lite.

14. Dragalge

Dragalge Blue Lions

I’m searching for a microSD card to buy for Prime Day and I’m looking for a good deal which I haven’t found yet! Either 64 or 128 GB can work (preferably the former for now since that’s going to be less but still!). I’m just unsure which brands will be compatible with the Switch is all (aside from the default one I guess) and don’t want to accidentally get the wrong thing. Anyone know the ones to buy?

15. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Have you tried searching for Sandisk ones? They're compatible and pretty well built and well priced. I got a 128GB one for $20 at Walmart recently.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I’d definitely go with Sandisk. I use that brand in my New 3DS and Switch and even my 3DS XL. I’ve never had any issues with them.

17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you staring at?"

18. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

wolf jani likes this.
  19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you staring at?"

The FFIX music bug patch has rolled out for Switch.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  20. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I just wanna say that I am terribly saddened and disappointed that Soulcalibur VI never got ported to the Switch.

I was really hoping for it.