• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Or you know, Nintendo can just buy them.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
They could always find another developer.
This is true. Several games series have done this. Most notably Mortal Kombat which came back with huge success with MK 2011 and Warner Bros after a couple of lackluster entries and the Carmen Sandiego games.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
There was an Overwatch launch day celebration scheduled at Nintendo's NY store to get a chance at meeting the voice actors of the game.

Well, it got cancelled by Blizzard.

People suspect it has to do with their banning of that Overwatch pro player who voiced out his support for the Hong Kong protests. He also got his entire prize money frozen. Despite Blizzard undoing some of the damage to the player, the damage to their reputation is still there.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Last edited:

KillerDraco

...The ironic thing is that in the original Japanese game, the characters are minors. It's the western version that aged them up to be 18+.

So if people are complaining about not being able to oogle fanservice on a minor, maaaaaybe they need to check their priorities. Just sayin'.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
TMS#FE Encore uses the censored western version from the original in the Japanese version too and thus made many mad. Because of this, refunds are being given

https://gonintendo.com/stories/347207-nintendo-apologizes-for-censorship-in-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe

edit: Well actually more because of how they advertised the game but still
The whole sin-sure-ship debacle lead us to one of the funniest twitter expressions of all time.

vagina bones

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Tetris 99 theme won’t be so hard to get. I’ve gotten the other event themes simply by playing the Event until I got 100 points. You get points no matter where you place during the match with the lower numbers giving lesser points than if you reach at least the top 50 players with the points given increasing every ten spots. I got the Luigi theme in half an hour by continuously playing the event and reached 100 points in less than an hour.

Pokemon Power

The Tetris 99 theme won’t be so hard to get. I’ve gotten the other event themes simply by playing the Event until I got 100 points. You get points no matter where you place during the match with the lower numbers giving lesser points than if you reach at least the top 50 players with the points given increasing every ten spots. I got the Luigi theme in half an hour by continuously playing the event and reached 100 points in less than an hour.
I nearly missed my chance. I managed to get all 100 points just a few hours before it ended.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Does the switch lite have a bad case of control drift? If so, just how often does it occur?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Does the switch lite have a bad case of control drift? If so, just how often does it occur?
It's kind of hard to say since Joy Con Drift usually happens about a 1.5-2 years after initial use.
I've had my Joy Cons since the beginning in 3-3-2017, and only recently have they been acting funny.

Though there have already been reports of Switch Lite controller drift, it's hard to determine a relevant percentage, or if those were more defective copies, or whatever.

The worse case scenario would require you to send the system over to Nintendo to get it fixed.
I believe in the US, they could probably fix it for free like they do with the Joy Cons.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's kind of hard to say since Joy Con Drift usually happens about a 1.5-2 years after initial use.
I've had my Joy Cons since the beginning in 3-3-2017, and only recently have they been acting funny.

Though there have already been reports of Switch Lite controller drift, it's hard to determine a relevant percentage, or if those were more defective copies, or whatever.

The worse case scenario would require you to send the system over to Nintendo to get it fixed.
I believe in the US, they could probably fix it for free like they do with the Joy Cons.

Thank you for the reply, I'm not too enamored by the games that the switch has to offer. Pokken is the only game with strong interest, same for super smash bros. Pokemon shield is a moderate interest, gen7 killed most of my interest in the series. I'm more familiar with games that the Xbox (have the 360) line has to offer than Nintendo ie Pokemon series. I'm in Canada so sending out the console for potential repairs is a slight worry but adding $140 for a normal console and extra stuff it requires is difficult to balance out even if buying new joy cons would solve the issue fast and $80 later.

I'm guessing you have the normal console so buying new ones is a quick fix. I'm trying to find out more info on the Lite issues to see if I just dish out the extra for the easy fix. The switch Lite is a recent addition and apparently the are working on a newer model. It is hard to guess if they will address the issues with the new model at this point.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm in Canada so sending out the console for potential repairs is a slight worry but adding $140 for a normal console and extra stuff it requires is difficult to balance out even if buying new joy cons would solve the issue fast and $80 later.

I'm guessing you have the normal console so buying new ones is a quick fix. I'm trying to find out more info on the Lite issues to see if I just dish out the extra for the easy fix.
I think the customer support is the same for US and Canada, and they should both use the same number (1-800-255-3700).

I do have the original console, but I believe that the only difference between fixing the Joy Cons and fixing the Lite would that the Lite would require you to send out the entire system. If you want to check out for yourself, you can call that number I provided, and ask them if the Switch Lite can be repaired like the Joy Cons for no extra charge.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think the customer support is the same for US and Canada, and they should both use the same number (1-800-255-3700).

I do have the original console, but I believe that the only difference between fixing the Joy Cons and fixing the Lite would that the Lite would require you to send out the entire system. If you want to check out for yourself, you can call that number I provided, and ask them if the Switch Lite can be repaired like the Joy Cons for no extra charge.

thank you for the reply, im asking these questions before i seriously consider buying a switch. the idea just came into my brain a few days ago with the switch Lite but the issues they have with it already are... interesting. id rather do my research before i could potentially get burned.

the switch V2 potentially could have improved joy cons but time will tell.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Nintendo should consider expanding the eShop to sell other forms of media including movies, music and TV, like Sony and Microsoft have done with their digital download shops. Also explore streaming of exclusive movies and TV shows on Switch online.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Nintendo should consider expanding the eShop to sell other forms of media including movies, music and TV, like Sony and Microsoft have done with their digital download shops. Also explore streaming of exclusive movies and TV shows on Switch online.

id have a hard time believing this would be good for the consumers. media material in the past was kept by the networks then later on decentralized. they starting to take back their shows and movies with the online streaming sites again. if you want to see show a, b, c, d and e and they all are on separate sources then you'd need multiple subscriptions. seems like a big hassle to me to have all the media content split up into 5 billion different subscription services.