1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Phsy-Spark, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Or you know, Nintendo can just buy them.

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

This is true. Several games series have done this. Most notably Mortal Kombat which came back with huge success with MK 2011 and Warner Bros after a couple of lackluster entries and the Carmen Sandiego games.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

There was an Overwatch launch day celebration scheduled at Nintendo's NY store to get a chance at meeting the voice actors of the game.

Well, it got cancelled by Blizzard.

People suspect it has to do with their banning of that Overwatch pro player who voiced out his support for the Hong Kong protests. He also got his entire prize money frozen. Despite Blizzard undoing some of the damage to the player, the damage to their reputation is still there.

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Larry, Buznut, Countey, Astar, Feh, & Eggbert

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  5. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

...The ironic thing is that in the original Japanese game, the characters are minors. It's the western version that aged them up to be 18+.

So if people are complaining about not being able to oogle fanservice on a minor, maaaaaybe they need to check their priorities. Just sayin'.

6. AuraChannelerChris

Don't students fall in love with their teachers in Japan, though.

7. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Contrary to what Persona might have you believe, no, that's not normal.

BCVM22 likes this.
  8. AuraChannelerChris

People buying Ring Fit Adventure through Amazon are asking the weirdest of questions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Noooo, Sakura Card Captors. You lied to me.

Sceptrigon, wolf jani and Dragalge like this.
  9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The majority of the people leaving these reviews are trolls and not actually this dumb, I tell myself.

wolf jani and Dragalge like this.
  10. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

The whole sin-sure-ship debacle lead us to one of the funniest twitter expressions of all time.

vagina bones

Sceptrigon and Dragalge like this.
  11. AuraChannelerChris

The Persona 5 sequel is lookin' good, Joker!

Dynasty Warriors works best when it isn't about Dynasty Warriors.

Ignition likes this.
  12. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Luigi's Mansion 3 is out today! I planning on playing it later this afternoon.

13. AuraChannelerChris

Ignition and Pokemon Power like this.
  14. Genos

Genos New Horizons

Keep these special Tetris 99 events comin!

15. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

The Tetris 99 theme won’t be so hard to get. I’ve gotten the other event themes simply by playing the Event until I got 100 points. You get points no matter where you place during the match with the lower numbers giving lesser points than if you reach at least the top 50 players with the points given increasing every ten spots. I got the Luigi theme in half an hour by continuously playing the event and reached 100 points in less than an hour.

16. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I nearly missed my chance. I managed to get all 100 points just a few hours before it ended.

17. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

Does the switch lite have a bad case of control drift? If so, just how often does it occur?

18. Auraninja

It's kind of hard to say since Joy Con Drift usually happens about a 1.5-2 years after initial use.
    I've had my Joy Cons since the beginning in 3-3-2017, and only recently have they been acting funny.

Though there have already been reports of Switch Lite controller drift, it's hard to determine a relevant percentage, or if those were more defective copies, or whatever.

The worse case scenario would require you to send the system over to Nintendo to get it fixed.
    I believe in the US, they could probably fix it for free like they do with the Joy Cons.

19. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

Thank you for the reply, I'm not too enamored by the games that the switch has to offer. Pokken is the only game with strong interest, same for super smash bros. Pokemon shield is a moderate interest, gen7 killed most of my interest in the series. I'm more familiar with games that the Xbox (have the 360) line has to offer than Nintendo ie Pokemon series. I'm in Canada so sending out the console for potential repairs is a slight worry but adding $140 for a normal console and extra stuff it requires is difficult to balance out even if buying new joy cons would solve the issue fast and $80 later.

I'm guessing you have the normal console so buying new ones is a quick fix. I'm trying to find out more info on the Lite issues to see if I just dish out the extra for the easy fix. The switch Lite is a recent addition and apparently the are working on a newer model. It is hard to guess if they will address the issues with the new model at this point.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  20. Auraninja

I think the customer support is the same for US and Canada, and they should both use the same number (1-800-255-3700).

I do have the original console, but I believe that the only difference between fixing the Joy Cons and fixing the Lite would that the Lite would require you to send out the entire system. If you want to check out for yourself, you can call that number I provided, and ask them if the Switch Lite can be repaired like the Joy Cons for no extra charge.