• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Pokemon Power

Hm, the next episode of Pokemon Twilight Wings is gonna release on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday like the prior two episodes. I wonder if that means....well, you know.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Then I won't say it, but I do have a right to be suspicious about the fact that the next episode will release on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday.
Maybe we’ll get to see a new Galar form for the Isle of Armor. It’s coming out in about three months and we should be getting more footage soon as a way to entice those who haven’t preordered the Expansion Pass to do it now. I’m hoping we see what Galarian Slowbro looks like and more in game footage of Zarude.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Reminder that a coronavirus outbreak has happened which has led to various stuff being moved, temporarily shut down, etc. Perhaps there not being a Nintendo Direct is because Nintendo values health over video games more in a time like this! Gotta know your priorities!

Just a thought tbh

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Reminder that a coronavirus outbreak has happened which has led to various stuff being moved, temporarily shut down, etc. Perhaps there not being a Nintendo Direct is because Nintendo values health over video games more in a time like this! Gotta know your priorities!

Just a thought tbh

So, I could be completely wrong about this, as I am mostly oblivious to world news, but I was under the impression that even in the areas more heavily affected by the virus, like Japan, that life was still mostly going like usual for most people. People are still working, society is still functioning. And so long as people are still going to work, then the outbreak should in no way get in the way of Nintendo putting together a Direct. It has nothing to do with priorities, it just simply isn't a question of health versus a Direct.

Not to mention, I would also assume the Nintendo Directs are put together weeks, if not months, ahead of their release, meaning if there was supposed to be a Direct now, it would have been made long before the virus ever became a problem.

With all that said, I don't think the lack of Direct can be blamed on the virus. It's just Nintendo's plan.

BCVM22

The two things can both be true and don’t have to be related - companies in Asia potentially have major concerns to address regarding the pandemic, AND we aren’t overly due for a Direct at the moment.

I’m unclear as to why the topic of a Direct came up in the first place.

Pokemon Power

The two things can both be true and don’t have to be related - companies in Asia potentially have major concerns to address regarding the pandemic, AND we aren’t overly due for a Direct at the moment.

I’m unclear as to why the topic of a Direct came up in the first place.
Because I was suspicious, since the next episode of Pokemon Twilight Wings is releasing on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday like the prior two. And please, don't criticize me for it.

BCVM22

Before anyone worries their video games might be affected by this, it’s important to note that we don’t know what department this individual works in, and that NoA’s next big release is a week from today and in all likelihood, all necessary work on development and logistics has long since been finished.

Put differently, we have the precious freedom to not worry about our video games and to instead hope this individual (and anyone they may have infected) recovers quickly. And also to go wash our hands just for the sake of it.

All of you. Go wash your hands. Now.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Before anyone worries their video games might be affected by this, it’s important to note that we don’t know what department this individual works in, and that NoA’s next big release is a week from today and in all likelihood, all necessary work on development and logistics has long since been finished.

Put differently, we have the precious freedom to not worry about our video games and to instead hope this individual (and anyone they may have infected) recovers quickly. And also to go wash our hands just for the sake of it.

I’ve been washing my hands more often. I’m not going to panic until a complete quarantine lockdown occurs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I already did, before I even read this.

But yeah, I wouldn't worry about the future of video games until there is a specific statement from Nintendo.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I already did, before I even read this.

But yeah, I wouldn't worry about the future of video games until there is a specific statement from Nintendo.
A majority of Switch games are downloadable so the virus should not affect any major game releases such as Animal Crossing New Horizons.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
A majority of Switch games are downloadable so the virus should not affect any major game releases such as Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Yea that's good for people who don't mind buying digitally. Some prefer physical copies to save space.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That isn't the problem.

The problem is if it inhibits the work of the employees and game developers.
Yep. But it also does the same for those who make physical copies of games. It affects the supply chain.