1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Phsy-Spark, Mar 17, 2015.

1. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

thank you for the reply, im asking these questions before i seriously consider buying a switch. the idea just came into my brain a few days ago with the switch Lite but the issues they have with it already are... interesting. id rather do my research before i could potentially get burned.

the switch V2 potentially could have improved joy cons but time will tell.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Nintendo should consider expanding the eShop to sell other forms of media including movies, music and TV, like Sony and Microsoft have done with their digital download shops. Also explore streaming of exclusive movies and TV shows on Switch online.

3. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

id have a hard time believing this would be good for the consumers. media material in the past was kept by the networks then later on decentralized. they starting to take back their shows and movies with the online streaming sites again. if you want to see show a, b, c, d and e and they all are on separate sources then you'd need multiple subscriptions. seems like a big hassle to me to have all the media content split up into 5 billion different subscription services.

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

The only media I’d want to see on the Switch eShop is apps for Netflix and maybe a music player similar to the one on 3DS where we get to add music we already own.

5. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

I'd have to agree with Nel here. It feels like alot of Companies are Saying, "To watch our series, you have to subscribe to our service." While tying to see what was on the stores, Playstation Video appears to have more or less gone in the UK store at least.

Another thing is what can Nintendo get on the Store. Currently the only thing that I can see them putting up there are the Pikmin Movies, that they've done in the Past. Alot of "Nintendo" Movies and TV shows are partly owned by someone else. No "The Wizard" "Super Mario Bros" or "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!". And that's not counting the various TV shows, which may not exist outside of a battered VHS tape.

Ok, getting the other Apps Like Youtube and Hulu, I'd say Bring on Netflix and Amazon Video. Sure, they require a subscription, but at least those aren't limited to one device.

I actually found some thing Wild, I believe you can get some of the old DIC Mario TV shows on the Switch, Wii U and 3DS, by looking for certain channel or two on Youtube.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

7. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

It looks like that US and Europe are getting the game before Japan.. What?

Looking at the footage.. Yikes that's compressed.. Ok, The Switch appears to be running in a Sub-1080p mode, however this could easily be due to the footage we've got could be a 720p30 upscaled to 1080p60. The Footage I'm seeing running or intended to be at 30FPS based on my Mk1 frame rate tester. (Basically, hitting pause then pressing Next frame "Period" repeatedly.) Given that Cold Steel 1 & 2 on the Vita was 20FPS and had dips, and it's some what of a improvement. EDIT: I didn't read they where aiming for 720p30 across the board.)

This really looks like Development build given that there is some Japanese items still in place, where there is a English version on the PS4.

I think the textures are of a lower quality compared to the PS4, but I'd have compare Rean and Black Rabbit to the PS4 Demo version. (Sorry I can't spell her name.) But then the footage isn't really good enough to Digital Foundry on it.

Did they change Millium's VA?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

The live action Mario show with Lou Albano is currently on Netflix in the US which can be used on the Wii U and 3DS.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  9. AuraChannelerChris

Ignition and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Woot. Been playing the Japanese demo of those games and they're really fun.

11. AuraChannelerChris

You survived playing the atrocious Switch demo? Because it doesn't represent the full game well, which does run well.

12. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Psst, I didn't find it atrocious. It played fine on my Switch. It's why I'm interested in it. :)

13. AuraChannelerChris

14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

At which point it is no longer a trial...

16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Semantics. As it is, this is already a second trial on top of the one they give everyone for free.

17. AuraChannelerChris

18. AuraChannelerChris

Tetris 99 has been updated.

Now it has party matches where four teams duke it out. EXP gotten is less, though matches go much faster.

Also, any old special themes people may have missed can be purchased like any other theme...at the expense of being twice the number of tickets (30) than other themes (15).

And starting this Thursday, the 10th Maximus Cup will reward the top players with the most event points 999 My Nintendo Gold Points. Good luck wasting so much time for what's essentially $9 bucks.

19. WishIhadaManafi5

That's good news. I want to get the Game Boy theme. Forgot about the event and missed out on it.

20. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO