• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Pokemon Power

There. Elaborating more than that is just uneeded filler.

Worse. Feeling the need to "get back" at someone by calling their name to justify their rather illogical conspiracy theories only makes it look like they must get payback for something so irrelevant. I see that as weird desperation for gratification.
Eh, agree to disagree.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Video Game Chronicle says that Nintendo is planning to re-release Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy as remastered ports for the Switch to celebrate the series's 35th anniversary.

Though this is coming 2 days before April's Fools and a few days later than the Direct Mini, so be skeptical about all this.
I've seen multiple sources back it up. Although, I typically like to be on the skeptical side so that I won't be too disappointed if it isn't true.

BCVM22

Video Game Chronicle says that Nintendo is planning to re-release Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy as remastered ports for the Switch to celebrate the series's 35th anniversary.

Though this is coming 2 days before April's Fools and a few days later than the Direct Mini, so be skeptical about all this.

That all sounds positively delightful, but as you said, it also all sounds like multiple "sources" all just echoing each others' rumors at the moment.

I would love for it to be true - I would push people out of the way to play a Switch remaster of Super Mario 64. Metaphorically, of course - practice social distancing.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Mario Sunshine is interesting because i think it has the most range in people’s personal Mario lists. It’s the most love it or hate it game of the bunch.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
That all sounds positively delightful, but as you said, it also all sounds like multiple "sources" all just echoing each others' rumors at the moment.

I would love for it to be true - I would push people out of the way to play a Switch remaster of Super Mario 64. Metaphorically, of course - practice social distancing.
You basically have VGC, who originally shared the rumor, and Eurogamer, who chimed in and gave a bit more detail.

You also have a well-known leaker, Emily Rogers, who said that this year would be a great year for HD ports/remasters.

Again, I want to say that we should address this rumor with caution, and not overhype ourselves, but there does seem to be some merit behind this rumor.
I still don't like to think something is true until it is confirmed though.

BCVM22

It wouldn't be much of a rumor if it weren't believable, would it?

Whether I believe it or not doesn't matter. I would enjoy it if it's true.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It wouldn't be much of a rumor if it weren't believable, would it?

Whether I believe it or not doesn't matter. I would enjoy it if it's true.
I just wanted to scope out the coverage of the rumor, don't mind me.

We'll just have to see though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd love it if it's true. Mario Sunshine is my favorite and what truly got me hooked on Mario, I'd love to be able to play it again.

I'd kill for Pokemon XD remake, seeing how mine was stolen years ago and it's too damn expensive to replace.

Pokemon Power

Galaxy, I can understand. And Sunshine might have a chance to be remastered as well, since the controls for the original game would be hard to replicate on even a single Joy-Con. But 64 has already been remade once, and even then, the original game can be easily brought through Switch Online when they gain the ability to bring N64 games over (though personally, I think we'll get the Game Boy family first).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Galaxy games and Sunshine could work as remastered versions and I can see them being ported but Mario 64 is the one I don’t see happening. Mainly because it got an updated for the time version on the DS which is a little more interesting than the original since you could play as other characters. Motion controls for 64 would be a nightmare where as Sunshine could utilize the motion controls to operate FLUDD and make aiming easier.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
SM64DS_Goomboss.png

But seriously though, never played Sunshine, and I've always wanted to play that game. Also if they do remaster Mario 64, they have to do the DS version which has way more content. I mean how are you going to do Super Mario 64 without Boss Goomba? Look at his crazy Boss Goomba eyes. Oh yeah... there's also Chief Chilly & King Boo I guess, look at crazy-eyed mean ol' Boss Goomba with that crazy mustache! Crazy right?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
SM64DS_Goomboss.png

But seriously though, never played Sunshine, and I've always wanted to play that game. Also if they do remaster Mario 64, they have to do the DS version which has way more content. I mean how are you going to do Super Mario 64 without Boss Goomba? Look at his crazy Boss Goomba eyes. Oh yeah... there's also Chief Chilly & King Boo I guess, look at crazy-eyed mean ol' Boss Goomba with that crazy mustache! Crazy right?
Mustache?! I’ve always thought those were sideburns.