• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So was it an inside job or the work of a hacker?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Game would obtain your encrypted credit/debit card transactions and rob you.

I kind of understood that part. My confusion was more about how this even happens in the first place. Especially with a semi-mainstream game.

BCVM22

The cryptocurrency thing was never credible. Plausible? Maybe. Juicy? Absolutely, which is why it spread like wildfire. Credible? No.

A dispute over quality control is more believable on the surface.

Pokemon Power

So which classic games do you guys think are next for the NES and Super NES Switch Online apps? Me, if they're coming this month, I'm hoping to see Donkey Kong Jr. Math and Earthbound Beginnings for NES, and Donkey Kong Country and Earthbound for Super NES. If they're gonna wait until next month, then I hope that they also add for Super NES, Final Fight 2 and Nobunaga's Ambition.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So which classic games do you guys think are next for the NES and Super NES Switch Online apps? Me, if they're coming this month, I'm hoping to see Donkey Kong Jr. Math and Earthbound Beginnings for NES, and Donkey Kong Country and Earthbound for Super NES. If they're gonna wait until next month, then I hope that they also add for Super NES, Final Fight 2 and Nobunaga's Ambition.
Games that I want to see are on the NES Classics are The Adventures of Lolo 2 and 3, Metal Gear, Commando, Castlevania, and Yoshi Cookie. For the SNES I want to see Mario All Stars, Mario Paint (utilizing the motion control to act as the mouse like the Labo VR Elephant Toy Con), Kirby Avalanche, Final Fantasy III/VI, Wario Vs Mario, DK Country trilogy, SimCity, And the Super Bomberman Games.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

An update with button remapping, SD card transfers, bookmarking just arrived. Not game-changing for some people but still some nice quality-of-life changes here.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well, this was out of the blue.
Seems like Nintendo listened to the fans that complained about the last two Paper Mario mechanics and gameplay and returned to a Super Paper Mario gameplay. I like the art a lot. Maybe some old favorite Paper Mario characters will make cameos. I think it’d be interesting to see Francis pop up and comment on how the castle in its origami transformation is bad and then get attacked as well by the antagonist. Origami Peach’s statement that answers right or wrong lead to the same result reminds me of Karen’s quote in GSC/HGSS after you defeat her.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In a way this is also a perfect excuse to make Paper Mario a DLC Fighter especially the ending of the trailer. It would be good way to promote the game and encourage Switch owners who have never played a Paper Mario game before to go out and get the latest game. It worked for Bayonetta.

KillerDraco

Seems like Nintendo listened to the fans that complained about the last two Paper Mario mechanics and gameplay and returned to a Super Paper Mario gameplay.

That looks nothing like Super Paper Mario's gameplay. Super was primarily a 2D Platformer with real time combat, while this looks to be turn-based and closer to Color Splash if anything.

I'm a little hesitant because from what they've shown, there's no FP, which would suggest that Stickers/Cards in some form will be making a return. You can clearly see the "Shiny Boots" icon at 1:39 in the trailer. The consumable attacks were always a low point for Paper Mario for me, but I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt. Color Splash was a decent but flawed step forward after the travesty that was Sticker Star, and if Origami King can further refine the system, it may just work out yet.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That looks nothing like Super Paper Mario's gameplay. Super was primarily a 2D Platformer with real time combat, while this looks to be turn-based and closer to Color Splash if anything.

I'm a little hesitant because from what they've shown, there's no FP, which would suggest that Stickers/Cards in some form will be making a return. You can clearly see the "Shiny Boots" icon at 1:39 in the trailer. The consumable attacks were always a low point for Paper Mario for me, but I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt. Color Splash was a decent but flawed step forward after the travesty that was Sticker Star, and if Origami King can further refine the system, it may just work out yet.
I meant that it seems you’ve got a party of characters that travel with you. The last two games only had one traveling companion each but in Origami King, you see various characters with Mario with the boat soaring down a river rapid being the most notable section to support this. The Bob-omb clearly joins your party for a bit of the game much like Super Paper Mario And the first two games where you meet a character and they join you on your adventure and follow you around. Sticker Star didn’t really have this other than the Wiggler segments and I don’t think Color Splash did either but I am not sure as I don’t have a Wii U.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
As someone who loved TTYD the most, I still liked Color Splash quite a bit, so I'll probably get along great with Origami King.

I hope the soundtrack is at least as good as Color Splash's though.

Pokemon Power

As someone who loved TTYD the most, I still liked Color Splash quite a bit, so I'll probably get along great with Origami King.

I hope the soundtrack is at least as good as Color Splash's though.
I think it all depends on taste. If you like a full fledged RPG adventure, play the original game or The Thousand Year Door. If you like platforming mixed with RPG elements, play Super Paper Mario. And if you like an RPG where you need to keep track of what's in your inventory, play Sticker Star or Color Splash.