1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Phsy-Spark, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20200106PD206.html
    https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-sw...6/new-nintendo-switch-model-2020-release-date
    According to DigiTimes, Nintendo is planning to release a new hardware revision to Switch this year. If this is true, this will likely use the Tegra X2 chip (but possibly with a gimped mobile Volta GPU like Xavier's), as Mariko variant and Switch Lite use a X1 chip, and original variant uses a K1 chip.

Edit: Despite what Youtubers and Kotaku says, new Switch's release schedule will likely follow Japanese fiscal year which starts in April, ie. production will likely begin in June and be released in September/October/November similar to DSi (released November 2008 in Japan) and New N3DS (Released October 2014 in Japan), not start in March and be released in Summer.

Of course this will also mean Switch's successor will release in early 2023, before the start of the new fiscal year on April 2023, which would be consistent with Switch's release after NN3DS (March 2017) and N3DS's release after DSi (February 2011 in Japan).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

A-ha.

Those SKUs are all Pokemon games, then. It all makes sense now.

3. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

They have not yet. I told you, I always have to ask them to do it.

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

[​IMG]

——

This Direct is probably just a focus on Home & Sleep with a couple other tidbits.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

What cataclysm befalls us if the thread is not IMMEDIATELY open for us to blather and theorize aimlessly? Particularly when it specifically is *not* a general Direct, narrowing its realistic scope considerably.

It’s a puzzling thing to insist upon, to say the least.

6. Pokemon Power

And it's open, because I asked.

7. AuraChannelerChris

Praise the virtual lord.

wolf jani and BCVM22 like this.
  8. AuraChannelerChris

9. Bguy7

Bguy7 Team Rocket Member, Speaking Officially

10. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I have the game. It’s pretty good and I like it a lot. I usually don’t play shooters but this one is very interesting. But you should buy the two packs that unlock all of the items because if you manage to find and buy the any of the physical weapons and ships packs, you only have seven days of them being unlocked before you need to link the pieces to the game again. Also getting the main ship body piece on and off the special controller given is a bit hard but doesn’t ruin the game experience.

11. Pokemon Power

Hey, remember when you told me DLC in a Pokemon game would never happen, even if it was free? Looks like I got the last laugh on that one.

Leonhart likes this.
  12. Captain Jigglypuff

I got the last laugh when Cloud was announced as DLC for Smash 4. You earned the right to gloat right now. I sort of figured that DLC was very likely for SwSh given the Pokémon programmed into the games but not made available. I was also right about more Pokémon being added in the future and that there were Legendary Pokémon not in the programming at launch to keep as a surprise to players and prevent hackers from leaking everything about thegames early.

13. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

No one gives a crap if you were right or not like this isn't anything achievement-worthy lmao. Do take another Eggbert!

[​IMG]

But yay DLC stuff. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

BCVM22 and AuraChannelerChris like this.
  14. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Third/Enhanced Versions were expensive DLC before it was common, so really Pokemon has been getting one on everyone for decades.

15. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I don't really disagree, but it was fun to occasionally set a new save file.

Although now with the games being $60, this is a relief.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  16. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://www.clien.net/service/board/park/14491872
    According to the Korean site Clien who got the rumor from the Chinese sources, Pro is indeed coming in the fourth quarter in Korean fiscal year* and may use a Volta GPU. In that case, it might use a Xavier chip instead of X2, but most likely it will use X2 CPU and Xavier's GPU**.

*Korean fiscal year uses calender year unlike Japan, so the fourth quarter would be October-December, which would be third quarter in Japanese fiscal year.
    **Volta GPU in Xavier chips go to around 1.2-2 TFLOPs(comparable to original preXbone S Xbone and original PS4), as oppossed to PC GPUs which are around 7.4-8 TFLOPs.

17. AuraChannelerChris

18. Captain Jigglypuff

19. AuraChannelerChris

More like it barely had a roster.

20. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

It's considered terrible originally just for lack of content in-general, something that even Capcom admitted that the product didn't felt complete.