• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I've been thinking that consoles are going down a different route, and that instead of new consoles we would just get upgraded consoles over and over. What do people think?

That would limit advances over time. You can only reversion existing sets of processors and chips so many times before you need to start over, and you can only reversion existing hardware so many times before the simple passage of time itself has dictated that you can do more, at the same cost.

You can only reversion the PS4 hardware and make it smoother and make it output to 4K so many times before realizing that components have advanced enough that you can design hardware to operate in a higher and entirely different bracket of performance, at largely the same cost.

Indeed, currently I've seen 5 Lines of "upgradeable" "Consoles", The C64/C128, DS/DSi, 3DS/N3DS, PS4/PS4Pro, and Xbox 1/Xbox 1X.

From a Software Development side of thing, which would you prefer to support, the better console or most customers. Based on the consoles that doesn't have a must support the lesser console clause, history states the lesser console got more support.

Why I chose the C64 in this list, it's mostly due the fact that the C128 had a C64 built in to it, (You could make it in C64 mode, and take advantage of any C64 hardware quirks.) A large amount games marketed for C128 where actually C64 games with a new sticker, with one site stating ~20 games exclusive to the C128. Here's video with two people who know about it more than I do :

The DSi only had 5 retail exclusives, and they where often built to use the DSi hardware. Most of the other DSi exclusives are DSi download titles, and many of them probably didn't use DSi exclusive features, besides downloading content.

As N3DS, we have about 23 exclusives, baring VC SNES/SuperFamicom games.

As for PS4/XB1, Sony/Microsoft won't let you only target the Pro/X models, but only add make sure you near full feature parity, with the base models.

I should point out why I'm not including PC, the "ultimate upgradeable" "console", PC been a weird beast almost since early IBM PCs. Today, with a modern PC, you can play many of the games out there, but some games will require more work than others, but that more down the software installed than actual hardware.)

Ascended Dialga

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Donkey Kong Country!

Now for Donkey Kong 64's turn....

Pokemon Power

Donkey Kong Country!

Now for Donkey Kong 64's turn....
Unfortunately, while I do think Nintendo 64 titles will come eventually, I don't believe it'll be this year. I'm hoping for Game Boy and GB Color this year, because apps for both of those systems could take advantage of the Switch's portability. I then expect GB Advance in 2021, followed by N64 in 2022.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So happy to finally see Donkey Kong Country there. That was on my list of stuff I wanted to play back when they first announced Super Nintendo games. Unfortunately they didn't add all three. I'm especially looking forward towards Country 3, because that's the only one I've never played before.

Oh, and finally they added something I'm interested in playing. I was getting tired of all the obscure titles that no one has ever heard of.

Pokemon Power

GameStop Switch SKUs appear.

AARLBwAAAqv3.jpg

Though it probably isn't much of a surprise since game reveals have slowed down because of you-all-know-what.
Yep, COVID-19 really put a dent on everybody's schedules. I'm kinda hoping one of these is the highly anticipated 3D World port. Rumors have been circulating that it's finally coming.

BCVM22

I would read nothing - less than nothing - into what these SKUs might be. They are literally nothing more than empty slots for retail products. They could literally be anything.

It might be a different story if the slots had publishers associated with them, or any other identifier, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Ascended Dialga

The SNES games Donkey Kong Country and NCW plus the NES game Immortal are now available for play on NSO. It's about time they added DKC, but it's a shame the games are still coming out so few at a time.

BCVM22

"Mini Direct" tomorrow morning, "Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games."

Tomorrow (Monday morning for North America) at the usual time. Doesn't seem like it'll be anything big, but I suppose that last sentence keeps the door slightly ajar.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1285061875030298624

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

"Mini Direct" tomorrow morning, "Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games."

Tomorrow (Monday morning for North America) at the usual time. Doesn't seem like it'll be anything big, but I suppose that last sentence keeps the door slightly ajar.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1285061875030298624

(No, I don't think the stickied thread needs to be opened unless it turns out to be a huge surprise.)
I'm guessing it will mostly be third-party titles. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo snuck something of their own in.

BCVM22

It'll be 10 AM on the east coast when it goes off tomorrow morning. They'll figure it out sooner vs. later.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Switch is definitely one of the best consoles Nintendo ever made and the most reliable when it comes to software crashes. And the fact it’s so versatile when it comes to playing it helps its popularity.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The Switch is definitely one of the best consoles Nintendo ever made and the most reliable when it comes to software crashes. And the fact it’s so versatile when it comes to playing it helps its popularity.
I beg to differ. Had to send mine in twice for repairs. Once for defective joycons and another time, so they could replace a defective motherboard.

Never had to do this with other consoles before (meaning having to send something in for repairs more than once), let alone Nintendo ones. They were built well.

Only other issue I've had where I had to send something in was with a backup Nintendo 3DS I have. It had defective firmware and would randomly black screen. Ended up exchanging it for another one and haven't run into any issues since.

I do agree about its versatility though. It's a good system in that regard.

Last edited: