• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think there's two different things going on here. First as far as the lack of Nintendo IPs, I suspect development has shifted to the next gen console and we'll be moving on from the Switch soon (I predict next year is when the new console will launch, but it could also be 2025). So we're not seeing many games because most of Nintendo's studios are working on next gen launch titles. This is almost certainly the case with the Mario Kart team and Mario team in particular, which haven't really done much since 2017, it feels time for new entries in those IPs but those IPs would have more impact early in the next console's life than late in the Switch's life. But beyond that there's a couple of other rumored games and games that feel like they might have something to show simply due to the amount of time since the last entry (DK, Yoshi, Luigi's Mansion, 2D Zelda) and yet we have nothing but DLC confirmed for after Pikmin 4, so again this is all probably being held for next gen. As for Baseball specifically, I'm not sure it exists, it might be a bit soon for it since we had Mario Golf: Super Rush in 2021 and Next Level Games releasing Mario Strikers: Battle League just last year, so I'm not sure they really have something for this year. They might be working on the next gen Mario Tennis game.

As far as the lack of NSO, I think it's because they want to add Home support and that might be delaying things. Pokemon fans get very upset when they can't transfer their Pokemon to newer games (see: the lack of connectivity between Gens 2 and 3, Dexit), so they're going to want a way for players to transfer Pokemon from the NSO titles to Home (and a way to transfer them from the GB games to the Stadium games). It's possible they're running into troubles getting NSO to work with Home so they're not ready to confirm the main games are coming.
Makes sense. The first two Gen games sound like they were really difficult to program on their original hardware as both Gens have game breaking and bricking glitches that can happen really easily if you do things a certain way such as the catching a certain Missingno will mess up your game or the Time Capsule glitches. It sounds like the main series Pokémon games were far more complicated to program than it was to create Super Mario Land or Tetris.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that the old Pokemon main series games will not be a part of NSO, and instead I believe that they will be released separately in 2026 to mark the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think that the old Pokemon main series games will not be a part of NSO, and instead I believe that they will be released separately in 2026 to mark the 30th anniversary of the franchise.
I think the only way to tell if the games are coming to NSO eventually is to wait for the GBC Mario Golf and the N64 Alone in the Dark to see if they can connect to their respective opposite games. If Mario Golf 64 unlocks the currently unplayable characters if you have played the GBC Mario Golf then yeah, GB Pokémon will be eventually be released on the service.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
How many times are you going to repeat yourself?! At this point, it’s starting to get really annoying and ridiculous.

For the last time, all of the Gen 1-3 games will be coming to the Switch either this year or next year.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
How many times are you going to repeat yourself?! At this point, it’s starting to get really annoying and ridiculous.

For the last time, all of the Gen 1-3 games will be coming to the Switch either this year or next year.
It's just something I would only see happening for a major anniversary year, similar to the 3D All-Stars Collection Mario did for their 35th anniversary, which was a full 3-pack consisting of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and the original Super Mario Galaxy. I just hope that this collection isn't going to be a timed exclusive.

Pokemon Power

The date for the next GBA game on Switch Online has been announced. Looks like we'll be getting one GBA game per month, just like the N64 games.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The date for the next GBA game on Switch Online has been announced. Looks like we'll be getting one GBA game per month, just like the N64 games.
that's a pity. If that's going to be how it is, then Im guessing April's game will be Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade since that's when its 20th anniversary arrives.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Man, I beat Metroid Fusion probably more than any other game. It's so good you guys.

Captain Jigglypuff

I’m glad it’s coming to the GBA app with restore points because I have been stuck on that spider boss for five years now on the 3DS Ambassador port of the game and the one time I DID kill that thing, I couldn’t go very far to get to the save room because I only had enough health to take exactly two hits before dying.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So apparently, some ransom attacks have been happening on Nintendo servers.

3DS and Switch games have been largely patched to prevent such issues, but Wii U games have not.
Splatoon 1 might have a vulnerability problem since it falls in the latter camp.

Essentially speaking, people can hijack your console and possibly steal sensitive information (like credit card info).

Additional info: https://github.com/PabloMK7/ENLBufferPwn

Note that this is sort of a developing story. I'm also not guaranteeing the authenticity of the report, but it seems valid.
Either way, I would be careful and keep an ear out for a bit.
I made a report on this earlier.
It seems that Splatoon 1 (and Mario Kart 8 Wii U) have been temporarily been taken offline in order to fix these problems.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I’m glad it’s coming to the GBA app with restore points because I have been stuck on that spider boss for five years now on the 3DS Ambassador port of the game and the one time I DID kill that thing, I couldn’t go very far to get to the save room because I only had enough health to take exactly two hits before dying.
The spider's grab can be mostly avoided by using morph ball in the left most corner.
That's why it's the best one. ;)
Oh yeah, Metroid Fusion is defnitely the most atmospheric 2D Metroid. I also like how the environments and Samus's perceptions change over time.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That part of Fusion is pretty precarious, primarily thanks to the newly awakened Kihunter-X's (the flying buglike enemies) right after you defeat Yakuza-X (the giant spider boss). The Kihunter-X's hurt like hell (IIRC they take like, 3 Energy Tanks or something in one hit) and aren't easy to kill until you get the Plasma Beam (which luckily isn't too far after). I struggled a lot with that section too on my first playthrough. Maybe Kihunters are a bit too OP in Fusion?

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

They've announced the next batch of games for regular Switch Online subscribers.
Kirby's Dream Land 2 and BurgerTime Deluxe are both great Game Boy games, and they weren't on that list of upcoming games back in the February Direct, so that means any GB game can drop at any time. And another NES title from Namco Museum Archives dropping. Does Nintendo even care about that compilation?
At this rate, there might be a point where we get something new for Switch Online each week for a whole month. Imagine over the course of four weeks getting at least one additional game for all the available systems in the regular subscription and the Expansion Pack combined.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They've announced the next batch of games for regular Switch Online subscribers.
Kirby's Dream Land 2 and BurgerTime Deluxe are both great Game Boy games, and they weren't on that list of upcoming games back in the February Direct, so that means any GB game can drop at any time. And another NES title from Namco Museum Archives dropping. Does Nintendo even care about that compilation?
At this rate, there might be a point where we get something new for Switch Online each week for a whole month. Imagine over the course of four weeks getting at least one additional game for all the available systems in the regular subscription and the Expansion Pack combined.
That's what might end up happening. There's now 6 different platforms available (NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, GB, and GBA).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The only thing I don't like about Fusion is the timing on some things like bomb and wall jumping is off from Super, but otherwise it's great. It's a little more linear than I might have wanted, but it doesn't suffer much from that.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

That would be great. I hope they bring us Solar Striker for Game Boy. That's such a good outer space shooter.

Pokemon Power

This means more classic games that were on the 3DS eShop are coming to Switch. I gotta be honest, the Sonic games were the only ones from the Game Gear that I bought on my 3DS.