• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I would say outside of 3 they're all worth playing.

2 is interesting. I wouldn't say it's good, but it's worth trying.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The DS version of FFIV is considerably harder to beat than any other version that's completely faithful to the difficulty level.

But there's one time the DS version makes a certain piece of advice outright murder for giving the player false information to deal with a boss whose strategy was altered for no reason.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah regular 4 might be among the easier FF games. Out of the first 6 I’d say that and 1 are the easiest.

Pokemon Power

Here's the next batch of Genesis titles.
Flicky looks fun, and it's nice that one of Game Freak's earlier titles before Pokemon has been added. And we have another example of a title already released on Switch being added, then again the previous release was of the original arcade version of Champion Edition, this is the first time the Genesis version has been released for the system. Makes me wonder if the SNES versions of the Street Fighter II series will be added overtime.

Captain Jigglypuff

Here we go again. First Super Mario Bros. 35, and now this. Makes me wonder how much longer we'll have Tetris 99.
Tetris 99 I think will last a few more years as it is an extremely popular franchise and easier to play. I couldn’t get into PAC Man 99 because of the mechanics behind getting eliminated in a round and Mario 35 I thought was okay but I wasn’t playing constantly because I never was that great at the first SMB game. It wasn’t until SMB World before I started to get the hang of clearing levels without using any warps. Tetris 99 I find to be more exciting even though I don’t play it as much as I did when it was first released and it is the only one out of the three that I placed within the top 10 or higher.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
So what's the best story-driven game on the Switch?

I beat Violet recently, but haven't played much else on this system.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So what's the best story-driven game on the Switch?

I beat Violet recently, but haven't played much else on this system.
Can’t say it’s the best since a lot of the games I play on Switch have little to no story (Mario Kart 8’s storyline is pretty engaging though) but I can say Dragon Quest 11 has a pretty solid story. Nothing mind blowing as it’s very simple but the characters and world make it fun.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I might just pull the trigger on Tears of the Kingdom. I watched BOTW gameplay videos, but never actually played it myself, and that's considered one of the GOAT video games. This is supposedly an improvement on every facet of that game too?
It improves on everything BOTW did. However, even BOTW is still a very good game because it's got a very different set of things that aren't found in TOTK anymore.

Captain Jigglypuff

It improves on everything BOTW did. However, even BOTW is still a very good game because it's got a very different set of things that aren't found in TOTK anymore.
I’d say BotW is still a game worth playing as it is really fun running around and doing random things to see the reactions of NPCs. Some get extremely embarrassed if Link talks to them while wearing no clothes and one man seems to flirt with Link if he sees this. It also sets up TotK’s story and playing BotW will help explain a few key moments in the TotK cutscenes.

Captain Jigglypuff

Oh yay. The Nintendo Switch Demo gets a sequel. Seriously, is there ANYONE who has had the first game that played it ever again after they’ve played all the mini games once? I never bought the first game because I heard it’s not very fun to play after you’ve played the entire mini game list once.

Pokemon Power

Oh yay. The Nintendo Switch Demo gets a sequel. Seriously, is there ANYONE who has had the first game that played it ever again after they’ve played all the mini games once? I never bought the first game because I heard it’s not very fun to play after you’ve played the entire mini game list once.
Well, I thought that Gorilla game was fun to replay.
EDIT: Got the next batch of Switch Online games.
This'll be my first time playing Tilt N Tumble.
EDIT 2:
So the main character in Pikmin 4 is an Avatar. And Olimar's in trouble again. Do you think we'll see Louie, or the Koppai captains?

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Ghost Trick port demo available now.

Next year, we're getting an Apollo Justice HD Trilogy from Apollo Justice to the 2 3DS games Dual Destinies (which wasn't that much about Apollo) and Spirit of Justice.
You know, I'm reminded of a little chat we had back in 2021.
I'm willing to bet they're gonna do the Apollo Justice trilogy next.
...Apollo only has one game to his name.
True, but his story occurs across three games. His titular game, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, in that order.
DD isn't really about him but Athena.
He still had a major role in that game.
Now that Capcom has officially stated that it's a trilogy, what do you have to say?