• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Will be praying for a Mario and Luigi revival once again no matter how unlikely it is
We got a revival for a Mario RPG :’)

Seriously though happy for all the fans. My best friend flipped out when Geno came on screen. In general this might be the best Direct since the one that gave us Smash Ultimate.

Pokemon Power

Wow, a bunch of remakes and ports. Super Mario RPG, Pikmin 1 and 2, and the Metal Gear games this year, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in 2024! I'm up for it. At last they showed the Detective Pikachu sequel. I can't wait for that. The ghostly green Glow Pikmin look like a fun new addition in Pikmin 4, and looks like all the Pikmin types thus far will be available in Story Mode. A new WarioWare game on Switch, AGAIN, was pretty surprising, and looks to be about motion controls. Next thing you know, they'll be a third one on Switch with touch controls. Looks like we're getting a sequel to Super Princess Peach in 2024, now that's what I call a strong form of gender equality in gaming. A new bathroom course in MK8 Deluxe and the return of Petey Piranha, Wiggler and Kamek. This outta be fun. And finally, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, with an elephant power-up and playable Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi AND Daisy! Do you guys think six-player co-op is a possibility?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Good direct. A lot of new games for the Mario fanbase (Mario RPG was long overdue), Pikmin 4 looks very promising.

Mario Bros Wonders is finally an all new type of Mario 2D game even though it's still slightly looking like a New Super Mario Bros title but still a lot of different. Getting this eleven years after the last new Mario Bros Game is actually pretty exciting.

Still missed an non Mario game. There was no Zelda as expected so soon after TotK but something like Kid Icarus and maybe, Metroid Prime 4? Probably to soon for that to happen.

And yeah...Pokemon was in there to. Didn't expected that but I need more context regarding the actual content.

For the last "big" direct before the first Switch 2 details leaking, it was pretty good.

9/10

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well, I know it's not the Mario RPG some had hoped for, but...

WOOOOOOOOO!! All rise for the national anthem!

I'm hyped for it. It looks good.

Just so many good games coming out. That Dragon Quest game looks fun and that free to play farming and battling game looks promising.

The new Mario game looks insane too.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Predictions/expectations for the next Nintendo Direct which will be the biggest one ever

Switch ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker
Switch ports of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Majora’s Mask 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Switch ports for the Gen 1-5 Pokémon games, Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Metroid Prime 2 and 3
Metroid Prime 4
A new Star Fox game
A new F-Zero game

Pokemon Power

Predictions/expectations for the next Nintendo Direct which will be the biggest one ever

Switch ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker
Switch ports of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Majora’s Mask 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Switch ports for the Gen 1-5 Pokémon games, Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Metroid Prime 2 and 3
Metroid Prime 4
A new Star Fox game
A new F-Zero game
I think you should wait until they announce it to predict it. Though I do think most of those potential ports are plausible.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, While I'm slightly disappointed that we won't be getting a certain SNES game on Switch Online.. only due to the REMAKE! I wonder if It means someone has better chances in getting upgraded from Mii fighter in Smash.

I'm surprised we got actual new main line Pokémon News, even if it was more Analysis Machine material, than the news I wanted. (TCG GB and Stadium 2 on NSO, surprised I didn't really see any NSO stuff)

Snake! MGS1 looks like a PS1 Emulation, as I've spotted some Polygon Jitter
Snake! MGS2 and MGS3 looks like PS2 port, not the Remaster. Really needs some Digital foundry work on it.. Snake! MGS NES and Snake's Revenge? Wasn't expecting to see that.

Glad to see Daisy is now playable in a 2d game.. Now the question is the "WA" can make it as well?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Ok, While I'm slightly disappointed that we won't be getting a certain SNES game on Switch Online.. only due to the REMAKE!
You know they did release Link's Awakening DX on NSO sometime after the Switch remake.
MGS2 and MGS3 looks like PS2 port, not the Remaster.
Not getting that vibe honestly.
I'm doing comparisons on Snake's solute at the end of MGS3, and it looks more akin to the HD remake than the PS2 version.
At the very least, the colors match the HD version much more.
Edit: The weird thing is how blurry the standalone video is compared to the Direct proper.
Edit 2: The Nintendo official site says "HD versions" so yeah.
Glad to see Daisy is now playable in a 2d game.. Now the question is the "WA" can make it as well?
Doubt they would do him if Wario wouldn't be in the game as well, and I just don't see either of them.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Metal Gear Solid Master Collection V1 is weird on the Switch. If you buy the phyiscal cart, only 2.4 GB is actually on the cart itself, and none of them are the actual games. You have to dowload the 3 titles separately. I know Capcom has been criticized by having part II of games downloadable, but at least there, they used the cart for some of it. They really could have made MGS3 downloadable (considering how it's the lunker of the group).
In the end, I'll buy the collection digitially, because there really isn't much of a point for a physical version.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Here's a question that outta spark a big discussion. Following Metroid Prime 1 Remastered and Pikmin 1+2, do you guys think we'll be getting any more first-party Gamecube re-releases on the Switch? Me, I think Metroid Prime 2 is very likely, since I believe we're still years away from Metroid Prime 4. I'm also wishing for Pokemon Colosseum and XD.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Here's a question that outta spark a big discussion. Following Metroid Prime 1 Remastered and Pikmin 1+2, do you guys think we'll be getting any more first-party Gamecube re-releases on the Switch? Me, I think Metroid Prime 2 is very likely, since I believe we're still years away from Metroid Prime 4. I'm also wishing for Pokemon Colosseum and XD.
Given the Super Mario RPG announcement, I really want a re-release of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are also some that have been talked about ad nauseum, and it's kind of wild we haven't gotten them yet.

As for Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, I'm still not holding my breath on those ever getting a re-release. See below for reasoning:
I love Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness as much as the next Gen 3 stan, but given they were basically made for PokéDex completion at that time, I’d say their chances of being ported are slim to none.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t see why Metroid Prime 2 and by extension Prime 3 wouldn’t get remakes on the Switch given we’ve got the first game and Prime 4 coming in the future. The Prime series seems to be one of those games where you could theoretically play the fourth game without playing the first three but then you miss out on a lot of the lore and why the fourth game is happening. I think the situation is similar to how it’s best to play Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask or Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds to understand the plot better.