• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yet another un-cancelled game. What's next, the Gamecube Kirby game?
GC Kirby was sort of unconcealed twice: Star Allies and Return to Dreamland.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
PIkmin 4 currently has an 88/100 Metascore.

There are a total of 66 reviews with 64 being positive, and it's lowest scores are two 70s.

That's not bad. It seems like it's a well received game all around.)

(If you don't care about Metacritic or whatever, that's fine. I'm just reporting on critical reception.)

Captain Jigglypuff

PIkmin 4 currently has an 88/100 Metascore.

There are a total of 66 reviews with 64 being positive, and it's lowest scores are two 70s.

That's not bad. It seems like it's a well received game all around.)

(If you don't care about Metacritic or whatever, that's fine. I'm just reporting on critical reception.)
Well Pikmin is one of those delightful games that have so much charm and unique game mechanics and graphics that it’s hard to make a terrible game. Sure Hey Pikmin has a divided reception but you don’t really see anyone calling the game a horrible playing experience.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
That just leaves one confirmed title that has yet to release on the service. Makes me wonder when we'll get it.
Ah yes... that time that LOZ tried to cash in on Pokemon's two games schtick. On the plus side, each game has a unique story and unique key items. Definitely worth a playthrough for any Zelda fan that hasn't had the chance yet.

Captain Jigglypuff

Ah yes... that time that LOZ tried to cash in on Pokemon's two games schtick. On the plus side, each game has a unique story and unique key items. Definitely worth a playthrough for any Zelda fan that hasn't had the chance yet.
These two are my favorite entries in the Zelda series and I count them as one game. I really enjoy naming the baby It.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
These two are my favorite entries in the Zelda series and I count them as one game. I really enjoy naming the baby It.
It's quite plausible that Nintendo wanted it to be one game but the sheer size of it wasn't possible on one cartridge. I'm at least glad that each game had a complete experience on its own since I started with Seasons but couldn't get Ages until way later.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The game series besides Pokemon that really leaned on the dual versions was Mega Man Battle Network (starting with 3).
Just like Pokemon, the differences are minute, with some exclusive content.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
The game series besides Pokemon that really leaned on the dual versions was Mega Man Battle Network (starting with 3).
Just like Pokemon, the differences are minute, with some exclusive content.
Did that go over well with the fan base? I think part of the reason why Pokemon gets away with it is because of the trading mechanic that's been there since the very beginning. Nowadays a game is going to have a hard time copying that model without fans calling them out on a cash grab.

Captain Jigglypuff

Did that go over well with the fan base? I think part of the reason why Pokemon gets away with it is because of the trading mechanic that's been there since the very beginning. Nowadays a game is going to have a hard time copying that model without fans calling them out on a cash grab.
From what I’ve seen on videos about the Mega Man Battle Network series, it did work and each version had exclusive items that you needed codes to pass onto the other games. The Switch collection had to rework a lot of the chips that you could only get by linking the games together similar to the GB TCG having the hidden Mew and Venusaur cards hidden behind the Card POP mechanic. There are also slight differences in each version of the Battle Network games as well. The Powerpuff Girls also had a set of three GBC games that had different game play styles but could connect with each other and give you bonuses such as the other two PPGs being playable. I can’t think of whose video I saw about the Battle Network games but it was really informative. Also the Oracle games were supposed to be three games that could link with each other but things became too complicated so the third game had concepts merged with Ages I believe. The third game was supposed to focus on Farore and an item known as the Power Paintbrush and focus on colors. There are videos on YouTube about the production of the Oracle games.

BCVM22

It's quite plausible that Nintendo wanted it to be one game but the sheer size of it wasn't possible on one cartridge.

They wanted it to be three games, one for each piece of the Triforce. One was dropped during the development process due to the difficulty of coordinating gameplay links across a trio of titles. But they were never conceived as a single title.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not entirely sure because I'm only a mild fan of the series. I haven't heard any fans really complain about it, but the issue is sort of moot with the collection containing both versions for 3, 4, 5, and 6 (the ones with 2 versions). As far as the versions went, starting with MMBN4, the bosses can vary greatly, as well as the fusions (powers you get from other Net Navi characters) you can obtain.

Captain Jigglypuff

I'm not entirely sure because I'm only a mild fan of the series. I haven't heard any fans really complain about it, but the issue is sort of moot with the collection containing both versions for 3, 4, 5, and 6 (the ones with 2 versions). As far as the versions went, starting with MMBN4, the bosses can vary greatly, as well as the fusions (powers you get from other Net Navi characters) you can obtain.
I think the intent was to have the games be able to connect with each other and sort of form an in game network where the more games you have the more powerful you’d be in the games. It sort of like upgrades for each game you’ve completed.

Pokemon Power

Announced today in the Pokemon Presents.
There's usually a Direct in September, do you guys think they'll reveal more games coming to the service?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Announced today in the Pokemon Presents.
There's usually a Direct in September, do you guys think they'll reveal more games coming to the service?
Finally, I was expecting at least one of those to appear back in February!

I hope they do show more. I think we're still missing 3 N64 games, and 3 GBA games, that we know about! I'm willing to bet that Golden Sun's second half is also coming at some point!