• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Chris Pratt.
Don't joke about that! :eek:

When the Super Mario Wonder trailer was shown, people said Mario sounded weird. GameXplain reported that given this recent news, they reached out to Nintendo and found out it is indeed a different VA. So while this news just dropped yesterday, it seems this change went into effect a while ago.

Litleonid

So we've entered Nintendo Direct rumor season. As we all know, Nintendo Directs are consistently held in September. One insider known as Natethehate2 was asked about a Nintendo Direct and he seems to think the first full week of September. He isn't locking it in yet though, but crossing my fingers for a Nintendo Direct next week.

Genos

The Indigo Disk

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
An Italian sausage is far more Italian than he could ever be.
I thought there was nothing wrong with him voicing Mario. Just because your ethnicity is Italian doesn’t mean that you must have the stereotypical accent to be Italian. My ethnicity is Taiwanese but I don’t speak with an Asian accent and neither does my dad since he’s lived in the US for nearly 50 years.

Pokemon Power

I thought there was nothing wrong with him voicing Mario. Just because your ethnicity is Italian doesn’t mean that you must have the stereotypical accent to be Italian. My ethnicity is Taiwanese but I don’t speak with an Asian accent and neither does my dad since he’s lived in the US for nearly 50 years.
Why is everybody ignoring my posts?

Pokemon Power

Apologies in advance for double posting.
Now hang on, if we're getting Star Stacker Deluxe, does that mean Japan's getting Avalanche? And we're also getting Joy Mech Fight. I might give it a try.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Apologies in advance for double posting.
Now hang on, if we're getting Star Stacker Deluxe, does that mean Japan's getting Avalanche? And we're also getting Joy Mech Fight. I might give it a try.
I get the Japanese games being released outside of Japan for possibly the first time ever but why Quest for Camelot? I mean I didn’t even know it existed and I don’t think it would have been popular enough to earn a spot on the GB Online service when much better games such as Warioland and Donkey Kong Land exist and are still not on the service. Plus Quest for Camelot is just a tie in game for a movie that isn’t very well liked and has a pretty low Rotten Tomatoes score and it also had songs that were okay but didn’t fit the tone of the movie at times. This was such a random choice to put into the GB Online service and I cannot figure out why it is there.

*Edit*
I just found the Wikipedia page for Quest for Camelot and three out of the four scores given are rather bad. Only Nintendo Power gave it a positive score which makes it even more baffling as to why it was even released on the GB Online service when so many other GB/GBC games are much better and more popular.

Last edited:

Litleonid

Okay, looks like a Nintendo Direct is pretty much happening next week. Pyoro_X is back at it again, and they're known to be very credible.

Pokemon Power

A new Direct is coming tomorrow:

I personally think it'd be rather obvious they'll show Super Mario RPG and the final wave of courses for MK8D.
Beat me to it. Here's what I'm hoping to see.
*New info on WarioWare Move It, the Switch version of Super Mario RPG, the Indigo Disk portion of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, and maybe some of the 2024 games.
*Some courses and characters for Wave 6 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass. My bets are on Pauline and Diddy Kong. Plus maybe some details on what Mario Kart Tour will be like going forward.
*Some more ports and remasters of old first party games. I think Metroid Prime 2 is very likely in this regard, and I'm also hoping for the rumors to be true on F-Zero GX.
*More classic games for Switch Online, including one of the following: Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64 and the original Super Smash Bros..
*A new Kirby game. They usually shadow-drop a small one during this time.
*Wild card guess: A Pokemon compilation title with the mainline series titles for Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, from Red and Blue up to Emerald.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Beat me to it. Here's what I'm hoping to see.
*New info on WarioWare Move It, the Switch version of Super Mario RPG, the Indigo Disk portion of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, and maybe some of the 2024 games.
*Some courses and characters for Wave 6 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass. My bets are on Pauline and Diddy Kong. Plus maybe some details on what Mario Kart Tour will be like going forward.
*Some more ports and remasters of old first party games. I think Metroid Prime 2 is very likely in this regard, and I'm also hoping for the rumors to be true on F-Zero GX.
*More classic games for Switch Online, including one of the following: Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64 and the original Super Smash Bros..
*A new Kirby game. They usually shadow-drop a small one during this time.
*Wild card guess: A Pokemon compilation title with the mainline series titles for Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, from Red and Blue up to Emerald.
Just seen it.. so let's check it:
  • Wario Ware - shown
  • Shown a few new features in Super Mario RPG.
  • Just a teaser for SV DLC 2
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC will bring back Diddy, FUNKY "best racer" KONG, Pauline, and Peachette. Daisy Circuit Wii was shown.
  • F-Zero 99 - free.
  • No New "retro" NSO games, baring F-Zero 99.
  • No Kirby
  • No new Pokémon game.
It was a pretty much a Meh direct, no real surprises. But then there's a few games I could for in the direct. A big surprise was Another Code double pack, which look like to be ground up remakes of the DS and Wii games.

Finally, Thousand Year Door! (I think some Game Cube collectors will sigh in or groan in response to this news.)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just seen it.. so let's check it:
  • Wario Ware - shown
  • Shown a few new features in Super Mario RPG.
  • Just a teaser for SV DLC 2
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC will bring back Diddy, FUNKY "best racer" KONG, Pauline, and Peachette. Daisy Circuit Wii was shown.
  • F-Zero 99 - free.
  • No New "retro" NSO games, baring F-Zero 99.
  • No Kirby
  • No new Pokémon game.
It was a pretty much a Meh direct, no real surprises. But then there's a few games I could for in the direct. A big surprise was Another Code double pack, which look like to be ground up remakes of the DS and Wii games.

Finally, Thousand Year Door! (I think some Game Cube collectors will sigh in or groan in response to this news.)
I think that Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon getting an HD remake was a surprise. The original game is still commonly found at a good low price compared to other 3DS games and has pretty good graphics on its own.

Pokemon Power

OK, looks like they're gonna add even more characters to MK8 Deluxe than we thought. I wonder if that means that people's predictions of more content after the Booster Course Pass are spot on. F-Zero's back at last, though in the form of a battle royale game. Let's see how long it lasts, shall we? Glad that Princess Peach is getting more active with the Showtime game. WarioWare Move It is looking like it'll be a swell game. There's new post-game content in the Switch version of Super Mario RPG, I wonder if that means they'll add Luigi as a character, that was one gripe everyone had with the original game. And Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is looking smooth. Plus, the fact that they're planning it for next summer means we'll have more titles for Switch until then, lookalike the Switch is still going strong. And finally, a ton of remasters for Switch, including Thousand Year Door which has been rumored for a while, and the original Mario VS. Donkey Kong with two player co-op! I wonder if there's any other new stuff for it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Funky Kong’s gracing MK8 with his presence is by far the highlight of this direct.