• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
So they games they showed off in the trailer are Zelda Breath of the Wild, a Mario 3D platformer, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Oh wait, also a sports game I'm not interested in at all. I hope I didn't miss any.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I honestly think Smash 5 is more likely than people give credit. Smash 4 came out 2 years ago and assuming Smash is a holiday title, which it would be, that's 3 years. The changes don't have to be huge, but I'd expect at least some. As for what could change mechanically, I'm not really sure aside from maybe making it faster. There's also decloning the clone characters, new characters and stages, new modes.

With Melee as the notable exception, both Brawl and Smash 4 took 6+ years to release. It's as unlikely as people are giving it credit.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yes! Yes! and more yes!! This is absolutely amazing! I am so happy that the leaked design is the actual one. I have never been a fan of handheld gaming, and only really buy the handhelds in the first place due to the fact that they have exclusive titles, but now that issue is a thing of the past! About five years ago I said that my dream console would be one that unifies the handheld and the console, and here it is, my dreams have come true! As long as this thing isn't a downgrade from the Wii U (as far as graphics, power, etc. is concerned), I can see no negative to this console.

On the topic of the name, I knew that whatever the name ended up being, I wouldn't like it as much as NX. Part of it is just being so used to the name NX, but also Switch just seems like a strange name for a video game console, regardless of how appropriate it is. Though, I am somewhat surprised that they didn't (and almost wish they did) name it the Swiitch instead. That would have been fun.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes! Yes! and more yes!! This is absolutely amazing! I am so happy that the leaked design is the actual one. I have never been a fan of handheld gaming, and only really buy the handhelds in the first place due to the fact that they have exclusive titles, but now that issue is a thing of the past! About five years ago I said that my dream console would be one that unifies the handheld and the console, and here it is, my dreams have come true! As long as this thing isn't a downgrade from the Wii U (as far as graphics, power, etc. is concerned), I can see no negative to this console.

On the topic of the name, I knew that whatever the name ended up being, I wouldn't like it as much as NX. Part of it is just being so used to the name NX, but also Switch just seems like a strange name for a video game console, regardless of how appropriate it is. Though, I am somewhat surprised that they didn't (and almost wish they did) name it the Swiitch instead. That would have been fun.

It'll be more or less the same as the Wii U, a bit better but not likely to be a very big difference.

Rio!

Composer

Ooh boy, glad that didn't happen. ^^;

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It'll be more or less the same as the Wii U, a bit better but not likely to be a very big difference.

And that's cool with me. Despite what everyone else thinks, I thought the Wii U had everything I needed from a console on those fronts. So having something that powerful that also doubles as a handheld is great.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
And that's cool with me. Despite what everyone else thinks, I thought the Wii U had everything I needed from a console on those fronts. So having something that powerful that also doubles as a handheld is great.

Developers didn't think that, though. And a console lives or dies by the games it gets.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Developers didn't think that, though. And a console lives or dies by the games it gets.

I'm really just talking about myself personally here, and as I don't really play any third party games, that doesn't matter one bit to me. Even if the Wii U had all the third party support possible, I still would have bought the exact same games.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
AHHHHHH Nintendo Switch looks amazing! Finally, a portable with the power of a console! The new (or ported) Splatoon, Mario, and Mario Kart games look cool as well. Dreams coming true. <3

Only things: Really wish there was a duel screen add-on, and it looks like there won't be any backwards compatibility. D:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I'm really just talking about myself personally here, and as I don't really play any third party games, that doesn't matter one bit to me. Even if the Wii U had all the third party support possible, I still would have bought the exact same games.

Oh wait, also a sports game I'm not interested in at all.

And this is why third party games fail on Nintendo consoles, most diehard Nintendo fans aren't interested in third party games and most people who own another console or a PC only purchase the latest Nintendo console for exclusives.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
So they games they showed off in the trailer are Zelda Breath of the Wild, a Mario 3D platformer, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Oh wait, also a sports game I'm not interested in at all. I hope I didn't miss any.

I must have missed something because my brother said there was Skyrim.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Only things: Really wish there was a duel screen add-on, and it looks like there won't be any backwards compatibility. D:

Yeah, the loss of a second screen really does seem like the only drawback. I don't necessarily mind the loss of backwards compatibility, as I'll still have my Wii U and 3DS, but a lot of functionality is loss. Oh well, can't be perfect on every front I suppose.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

agreed with you, the wiiu just needed some improvements with the way it worked and design of the pad and what not, so honestly everything I see here looks great!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I just saw the trailer, and I have to say I was really impressed. They nailed every aspect of the system pretty much exactly in the manner they needed to. And this was much better in the marketing department from what we got with the Wii U. Zelda and Mario games (hopefully they'll be launch titles; I think they will be), third party support (at least at a glance, but it's a good sign), and gaming that appeals to kids AND adults, all included in one trailer. Assuming Nintendo sticks to their guns on everything (and I don't see why they wouldn't at this point), we might be looking at a major hit.

Last edited:

Cradily17

Oh. This looks quite interesting. If a future main-series Pokémon game becomes Switch exclusive, then I may have no choice but to get it.

Born Better

God of Lightning
With Melee as the notable exception, both Brawl and Smash 4 took 6+ years to release. It's as unlikely as people are giving it credit.

Can't remember when Brawl started, but Smash 4 started development in 2012, so no. People are saying that Smash NS is gonna be Smash 4 with some characters and maybe 3DS stages despite a 3 year gap. Besides, if you wanna go that route, then we' won't be getting Smash at all.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
They nailed every aspect of the system pretty much exactly in the manner they needed to.

Except that it's a cartridge based console.

From a handheld perspectives this isn't a problem, from a home console perspective it is. Most (third party) developers are jumping on the wagon but this will present a problem for them later on, granted they can always release games digitally.

Hopefully Nintendo finally implements an account system.

Last edited: