• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Zachmac

So, odds of seeing older NES/GB games on mobile market places soon? Maybe the original Pokemon games, with a Bluetooth connectivy for trading?
I just thought of an idea: A smartphone version of a pokewalker/dreamworld gimmick.

Of course that sounds more like a Gamefreak thing then a Nintendo thing, I'd still love to see it happen.
If I ever got a smartphone, that is.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Regarding the NX, i'm hoping Nintendo really steps up their game in all seriousness. I've been a fan since i was a young'un but even i see myself playing Xbox mostly all the time while my Wii/Wii U are collecting dust. Xbox and PS4 continue to dominate because of the power their systems have, the wide selection of games for everyone and the mature, and the like. Look at the XBox 1, its been out going on 2 years, yet the 360 still has so much life left in it because of titles for next -gen are being compatiable with last gen, and millions are still playing online, whereas when the Wii U came out, they basically just said F you to their own predecessor (Wii) and never looked back. Yeah i still want Mario, DK, Pokemon and Sonic games, but N needs 3rd Party support whether they want to admit it or not, they need to start listening to us fans a little bit more, they think they know what is best for us but at times, they don't have a clue or don't care.

N needs to mature on Avatars, Not those kiddy Miis), Online support and functionality (little less restrictions, Everybody cusses, sad fact ), certain games, etc

BCVM22

they need to start listening to us fans a little bit more

No. Resoundingly, no.

In many (most?) regards this would be an awful idea. The "fans" have terrible ideas and no clue what makes for good anything on a startingly robust number of occasions. There are things Nintendo can do to make positive changes to things like infrastructure and the like, but these would be good decisions because they are good decisions, not because "the fans" think they know something.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
To be fair, even Nintendo has bad decisions, like thinking tablet gaming would be the next big thing. *ba dum tiss*

Investors must have been drooling. Years and years of mobile suggestion, and they finally do it, causing stocks to rise the highest it's been in 4 years. No doubt it's going to be a big contribution to financials, as Japan loves them mobile games. Maybe Kate Upton should dress up like Mario and be in every ad. Instant $1M/every day.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
At "best", I think they could port over older titles that people cheat the system to play on smartphones anyway.

Nope, the press release confirmed that isn't happening. No ports, "New original games optimized for smart device functionality" only, mobile.

I don't know much about that company, so I don't know how stereotypical that game company is. Research time, I guess.

If this partnership did anything for them, it made their Google hits skyrocket.

I just thought of an idea: A smartphone version of a pokewalker/dreamworld gimmick.

Smartphone app to EV train and level Pokemon, as well as hatch Eggs.

Just let me have fun, Game Freak.

whereas when the Wii U came out, they basically just said F you to their own predecessor (Wii) and never looked back

To be fair, those last few years of the Wii weren't exactly full of love and attention, either.

Mye

Someone has to win..
See, for me Nintendo needs to add more mature games in order to be competitive with ps/xbox. For the last decade or so, the "trend" has been nintendo does mostly kid's games wheras ps/xbox do everything else. If they want the bigger market to actually buy their consoles, they need to diversify (possibly by adding Borderlands, or something similar).

Zachmac

I think Metroid does a pretty decent job at being the "mature" game when we get one.
But then again, we haven't had Metroid in a while.

But I'm not crazy about feeling "mature" anyway. I'd gladly take the more cheerful, kid-friendly atmospheres(or sometimes the less-cheerful, relatively kid-friendly atmospheres like Majora's Mask).
But that's just me.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Yeah. I haven't played many Metroid games but I can agree on that. That, and then there's Fire Emblem, which is rather mature in my opinion, but, again, that's just my opinion. Also, I agree in the more kid friendly take. I personally like it since the market has so many "mature" games already. Not that they're bad, it's just personal tastes (and I'm more for cheery stuff but I do have a darker game I like here and there). But yeah, diversifying would help so that they'd get more customers.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I really don't know what they could do to improve upon the Wii U so soon
Well, maybe that new "Super HD" thingy. Nah to expensive. And yes, there is an HD better than the rest. make it 3D? I dunno. My personal headcannon is why they announced it about 2/3 (I think that's right) years into the Wii UK's life span is because Wii U sales are just so bad. Though they did improve by 20% January this year than 2014.

woot21

super noob
So apparently Nintendo Korea has announced a Direct for tomorrow. Obviously nothing about the NX will be in it, but it might have some insight on the mobile partnership.

woot21 out dawgs

Jb

Tsun in the streets
No. Resoundingly, no.

In many (most?) regards this would be an awful idea. The "fans" have terrible ideas and no clue what makes for good anything on a startingly robust number of occasions. There are things Nintendo can do to make positive changes to things like infrastructure and the like, but these would be good decisions because they are good decisions, not because "the fans" think they know something.

Ironic considering the entire Wii U campaign up until now, and in going on have been a complete disaster. Listening to the fans at this point could actually be a good thing in regards to games and hardware.

And they can start by releasing the standard N3DS in NA.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'm really hoping for a hybrid console since in a way the Wii U is pretty much a step towards the idea already because of the Gamepad. They could make a 3DS size(or slightly larger) Gamepad that can work as both a controller and a handheld. You can enjoy the comfort of playing the console on the TV or switch to the handheld and play where ever, best of both worlds IMO. It's honestly something I've wanted Nintendo to do for so long now.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm really hoping for a hybrid console since in a way the Wii U is pretty much a step towards the idea already because of the Gamepad. They could make a 3DS size(or slightly larger) Gamepad that can work as both a controller and a handheld. You can enjoy the comfort of playing the console on the TV or switch to the handheld and play where ever, best of both worlds IMO. It's honestly something I've wanted Nintendo to do for so long now.

This is something the PS4 and Vita already does. But of course Nintendo has to be the "innovator", making stupid gimmicky products instead of doing something that actually benefits the customers.

Anyways, you people should totally buy Nintendo stock right now. Put all your money into it! Stocks are going up, up, and UP!!! That mobile boom, baybeh!

R_N

This is something the PS4 and Vita already does. But of course Nintendo has to be the "innovator", making stupid gimmicky products instead of doing something that actually benefits the customers.

Anyways, you people should totally buy Nintendo stock right now. Put all your money into it! Stocks are going up, up, and UP!!! That mobile boom, baybeh!
Pretty sure the idea behind stocks is buy low, sell high, not buy high since unless they continue to increase at a huge rate you're probably either going to lose a bunch of money or gain a very minimal amount

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Pretty sure the idea behind stocks is buy low, sell high, not buy high since unless they continue to increase at a huge rate you're probably either going to lose a bunch of money or gain a very minimal amount

Shhhh. I was trying to bait people.

People who bought stocks immediately right around the announcement were very lucky people. From 12 -> 25 in just a day, WOW! Seems like DeNA got little to no increase though, only Nintendo LOL Investors have been demanding this for several years now, so that boost isn't really shocking. With the 3DS still doing exceptionally well and Japan's exponentially growing mobile market, Nintendo's gonna keep dominating Japan.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm hopeful that NX wont release in 2016 and will instead see a release in Late 2017.

My guess is that the next handheld drops in time for holiday 2016, which fits with Iwata wanting to make their vidya business robust by the fiscal year ending March 2017. The 3DS is getting on in years, and its sales and support are starting to dry up, particularly in the West, without much else planned for the future. Wii U could hold out a bit longer, but I don't see it being supported into 2018; extending the Wii U's lifespan sticks them with those anemic sales longer and makes it harder to co-opt Sony and MS (both of whom could easily carry current-gen into 2020).

See, for me Nintendo needs to add more mature games in order to be competitive with ps/xbox. For the last decade or so, the "trend" has been nintendo does mostly kid's games wheras ps/xbox do everything else. If they want the bigger market to actually buy their consoles, they need to diversify (possibly by adding Borderlands, or something similar).

Would making a box for the young male demographic really encourage them to buy it instead of a Sony or MS box, though? I would think most of those users would stick with the brand they're already set up on; Nintendo wouldn't stand a chance trying to edge into that race as a third competitor (look at the Wii U's initial pitch with ZombiU and the "swiss army knife of controllers" if you think it could work).

If anything, their DeNA partnership suggests that Nintendo is after the blue ocean instead of competing with PlayStation and Xbox, neither of which are likely to repeat their successes of last gen.

You can enjoy the comfort of playing the console on the TV or switch to the handheld and play where ever, best of both worlds IMO.

That's not best of both worlds, that's an overly expensive handheld tied to a console with specs that make the Wii U look like a technical behemoth.

Arsène

Higher cost and/or inferior specs are exactly what's going to make a hybrid even less than appealing on paper. I will never understand the fascination about this as opposed to just unifying the OS architecture and having two separate devices for the task.

There's not a single existing mobile SOC with an acceptable power draw (something Nintendo cares about, by the way) capable of PS4/XBO performance. Hell, the Tegra X1 is the most powerful chipset available so far and only manages 500+ gflops. The last thing they want is to release a stop-gap console that doesn't even touch the competition or run the latest games to acceptable standards. Or in other words: one of the Wii U's problems all over again.

People, think this through.

Torpoleon

Higher cost and/or inferior specs are exactly what's going to make a hybrid even less than appealing on paper. I will never understand the fascination about this as opposed to just unifying the OS architecture and having two separate devices for the task.

There's not a single existing mobile SOC with an acceptable power draw (something Nintendo cares about, by the way) capable of PS4/XBO performance. Hell, the Tegra X1 is the most powerful chipset available so far and only manages 500+ gflops. The last thing they want is to release a stop-gap console that doesn't even touch the competition or run the latest games to acceptable standards. Or in other words: one of the Wii U's problems all over again.

People, think this through.
But then what's the point in buying both the handheld & console if they have the same OS and such, but aren't a hybird of some sort?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Ironic considering the entire Wii U campaign up until now, and in going on have been a complete disaster. Listening to the fans at this point could actually be a good thing in regards to games and hardware.
Yeah, maybe you're right maybe
...whereas when the Wii U came out, they basically just said F you to their own predecessor (Wii) and never looked back. Yeah i still want Mario, DK, Pokemon and Sonic games, but N needs 3rd Party support whether they want to admit it or not, they need to start listening to us fans a little bit more, they think they know what is best for us but at times, they don't have a clue or don't care.

N needs to mature on Avatars, Not those kiddy Miis), Online support and functionality (little less restrictions, Everybody cusses, sad fact ), certain games, etc
**** nevermind.
Sometimes, people don't have the right perspective in what a company that's been around for literally over a hundred years is doing for the customer. Plus, the "fans" often get a narrow view of "my way or the highway". I'm not saying that anybody that is an enthusiast doesn't know what they're talking about, but it isn't on the brink of what the fans know and what Nintendo doesn't.

And Excitable Boy, thank you for pointing out my oversight on the mobile games.