• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Big difference. Having a TV as the main screen doesn't change much.

I don't know about you, but I tend to enjoy console games better than handheld ones (with the exception of Pokemon).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't know about you, but I tend to enjoy console games better than handheld ones (with the exception of Pokemon).

That's not the point. You think the Wii U is unique, but if there's not much difference between touch screen gaming on handheld and touch screen gaming on consoles, it's not really unique, is it?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
... Really? Just... Seriously? Who would want to pre-order anything that they know nothing about...? -_-
People who pre-order games.

Yup. A lot more money, and ports, even if it has gotten easier through the years, are still going to involve plenty of work.
Ports of PS3/4/360/Bone is one thing, but HD remasters of GC and Wii games would be another. Someone should have tried to get Resident Evil remake HD on the Wii U though, since it was one of the Capcom Five on the GC.

Too many people to respond to everyone, but I'll just say that while I admit the Game Pad hasn't been implemented in the best way possible, I would still argue that it's unique due to the touch screen being attached to an actual console, instead of a handheld. (And as far as games go, I really only want to play Nintendo games anyways, but that's probably just me.)
When 90% of your options is all Nintendo stuff because no one else wants to makes games for the Wii U, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer mostly Nintendo too.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
People who pre-order games.

Really? I didn't know that... Which makes me more idiotic. But I thought one would at least know a little from trailers and teasers when pre-ordering games. Unless, of course, there's something I'm not understanding. But that's what I thought: we don't know anything about this and they're letting us pre-order while people who pre-ordered games (not counting fans of the games because I think some would just pre-order since they know the series and so won't mind too much on spending [I think? I'm starting to wonder if you pay at all. Don't answer that]) at least know a little from trailers.

And then I remember fans... Maybe I shouldn't say anything at all before I look like an idiot.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Time to start hoarding all the Wii U's so when the NX is released and the Wii U is eventually discontinued I can sell them on Amazon/Ebay and make a quick buck. Might as well start hoarding Xenoblade X as well so I can sell used copies for 90 dollars and new copies for double. (Laughing Maniacally)

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
When 90% of your options is all Nintendo stuff because no one else wants to makes games for the Wii U, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer mostly Nintendo too.

When a large majority of the AAA third parties mainly produce generic shooters and cinematic action games, I'd mostly play Nintendo even if they did have third parties.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
AAA is nothing but cinematic and FPS in the same way that mobile is nothing but match-3 and endless runners, indies are nothing but 8-bit platformers, Japan is nothing but anime weeb-bait, and Nintendo is nothing but cutesy games for kids.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Time to start hoarding all the Wii U's so when the NX is released and the Wii U is eventually discontinued I can sell them on Amazon/Ebay and make a quick buck. Might as well start hoarding Xenoblade X as well so I can sell used copies for 90 dollars and new copies for double. (Laughing Maniacally)

You're going to buy $200-$300 Wii Us now, then sell them for $50-$80 in the future? That's your money, but I don't think your idea will ever benefit you...

BCVM22

Time to start hoarding all the Wii U's so when the NX is released and the Wii U is eventually discontinued I can sell them on Amazon/Ebay and make a quick buck.

That's... that's not how this works.

It makes sense. They've probably been working on it for a long time, just announced it, will release new information about the thing, then open pre-orders.

No, it makes zero sense to offer preorders on a product that has no official name, no price, no release date for the next 18-24 months (at least) and literally exists to the public as nothing beyond a preliminary name right now. There's nothing at all logical about offering the preorders or partaking in them. There's no "then" here either, this is an actual retailer offering to take peoples' money on a product currently sitting under all those conditions.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
AAA is nothing but cinematic and FPS in the same way that mobile is nothing but match-3 and endless runners, indies are nothing but 8-bit platformers, Japan is nothing but anime weeb-bait, and Nintendo is nothing but cutesy games for kids.

I didn't say there wasn't other stuff. Just that the other stuff is pretty rare.

Blitz Lucario

The only thing I want from the Nintendo NX is for them to avoid having the gimmicky controller be the main one. I'd prefer that to be a accessory or optional controller.

Zachmac

I honestly don't mind the Gamepad at all. It has a gimmick, but it still works perfectly as a normal controller as well.
I didn't mind the Wii Remote and Nunchuck either. Holding those feels pretty comfortable.

Besides, if you really hate the Gamepad, plenty of games will still let you use the Pro Controller instead.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I honestly don't mind the Gamepad at all. It has a gimmick, but it still works perfectly as a normal controller as well.
I didn't mind the Wii Remote and Nunchuck either. Holding those feels pretty comfortable.

Besides, if you really hate the Gamepad, plenty of games will still let you use the Pro Controller instead.
You're forgetting one major flaw: It costs $50.

Zachmac

Oh, does it? Well I guess I didn't know the price because I never really considered getting one.

But still, I stand by my point that the Gamepad isn't really that bad.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Oh, does it? Well I guess I didn't know the price because I never really considered getting one.

But still, I stand by my point that the Gamepad isn't really that bad.

50 quid for a controller isn't that bad, it could be worse. I agree with you though, the gamepad isn't that bad, it feels great, it's not heavy, and while there aren't many games that use it creatively having the map displayed on the touchscreen is better than having to pause your game constantly.

As for the NX, it's hard to tell how this thing will do without any specs.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Dang, looks like I have to get a Wii U and fast. Unless the NX has compatibility with the Wii U titles, I can wait.