• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

BCVM22

They go hand in hand. Motion control sucks, and they needed to make a whole new device to make it suck less

You were attacked by a Wii Remote as a child, weren't you?

Also that SS was the only relevant game that required it.

Which you by your own admission never played, both factors making your crusade all the more baseless and puzzling.

Are you serious? Bro, video gaming is lazy hobby. Making me swing my arm in an upright postion is not what anyone wants to do.

You're crying foul because a game built on motion control made you sit up to play it. Which it did not even, because again, you never played it. That's utterly ridiculous. There's no other way to phrase that.

The 32gb is even worse. It implies that could actually have a decent amount of content on your system when in reality you can't.

It continues to be fortunate, then, that the system readily accepts external hard drives and that an extra 500 GB of reliable external storage - which will keep you a fairly long time - costs about the same as a full game. Less, in many cases.

You're in the minority mate.

Continuing tonight's theme of hyperbolic pedanticalness, not even remotely. You're kidding yourself on a number of counts. This is ridiculous. "Mate."

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
You were attacked by a Wii Remote as a child, weren't you?
Those straps didn't work. Yet another Nintendo oversight

Which you by your own admission never played, both factors making your crusade all the more baseless and puzzling.
My crusade is on motion control and how terrible it is. At least Nintendo saw that and made their next system not revolve around it.

You're crying foul because a game built on motion control made you sit up to play it. Which it did not even, because again, you never played it. That's utterly ridiculous. There's no other way to phrase that.
Answer this broski. Is Wii Motion 100% accurate in SS? If no, any complaint against motion control is valid because they all relate to the accuracy and experience of said control.

Unless you're saying that I should buy a $60 game and a $10 accessory that's been proven everywhere online to be iffy at times in order to complain about it.

BCVM22

Your primary (and immense) mistake is in claiming that the controls being 98% effective somehow made the game unplayable, which is so overly hyperbolic as to make it outright untrue. The controls worked absolutely fine and even better than fine in most places. You could play through the game start to finish, front to back and not encounter a hand's worth of times where the controls failed you. And again on that topic, you didn't play the game. How can you possibly claim the controls were "factually" "iffy", particularly as you'll find far more people who played through the game with no problems than you will who didn't. That the game played in a new and different fashion that yes, meant you couldn't simply press buttons to wail on an enemy and defeat it is not even remotely tantamount to it being "bad," "broken", "iffy" or any hogwash like that.

Again, you're engaging on an absolutely ridiculous crusade against a control scheme that worked just fine, that you never played (!) and that so far was the central focus of one single game. If you can't see the holes in that I'm not sure what to tell you.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Sorry mate, 98% and "just fine" don't go hand in hand. You might accept second best but other's don't. The fact that SS was the worst selling Zelda console game, on Nintendo's best selling Console, and at a time where it was starved for games furthers the point that motion controls held it back. To even argue that 98% accuracy is "just fine" is ridiculous.

BCVM22

The fact that SS was the worst selling Zelda console game, on Nintendo's best selling Console, and at a time where it was starved for games furthers the point that motion controls held it back.

Correlation does not equal causation. You'd have an impossible time trying to prove that any of these were, solely or not, because of a control scheme that you're continually and wrongly attempting to impugn, the logic of which doesn't hold up at all. There's no basis to what you're claiming, that a game sold poorly relative to other entries in its series solely because of an intricate control scheme, something that a player wouldn't experience fully until after buying the game

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Correlation does not equal causation. You'd have an impossible time trying to prove that any of these were, solely or not, because of a control scheme that you're continually and wrongly attempting to impugn, the logic of which doesn't hold up at all. There's no basis to what you're claiming, that a game sold poorly relative to other entries in its series solely because of an intricate control scheme, something that a player wouldn't experience fully until after buying the game
I could point out that other first party titles with more traditional controllers sold better, and that the best selling games on the system had alternate control options. If anything, you'd have an impossible time trying to prove that more people would of preferred motion controls over static. Just because people deal with something doesn't mean they approve of it. Pretty much every review ever points out that the game would have been way better with out MC.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I could point out that other first party titles with more traditional controllers sold better, and that the best selling games on the system had alternate control options. If anything, you'd have an impossible time trying to prove that more people would of preferred motion controls over static.

That works both ways though, and makes your complaints about the controls unfounded. How do you know people's problems with the game were strictly the motion controls?

Just because people deal with something doesn't mean they approve of it. Pretty much every review ever points out that the game would have been way better with out MC.

Critics do not share the same views as the general public.

Zachmac

Pretty much every review ever points out that the game would have been way better with out MC.
Ugh, I hate mentioning reviews.
But since we really went there....

I just looked up some reviews.
IGN listed the use motion controls as a +.
Gamesrader said that the motion controls have their problems, but they are only small ones. The author of that review also noted that the sword usually did what they wanted.
Destructoid praised the swordplay.

Out of the ones I checked, Gamestop is the only one that really complained about it.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I thought the motion controls worked as intended for their primary uses, though I thought implementing them for swimming and such was more forced and unnecessary.

Mind you, Skyward Sword mixed up the Zelda formula in a number of ways that the Zelda fanbase whined about, and said supposed issues and shortcomings weren't all necessarily motion-related.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
That works both ways though, and makes your complaints about the controls unfounded. How do you know people's problems with the game were strictly the motion controls?
My complaints aren't unfounded if I actually used Wii Motion+. It's been proven to not be 100% accurate, even a user in this thread said it'll sometimes just pick the closest motion.
Critics do not share the same views as the general public.
Yeah, they're usually more generous. It's metacritic score is higher than it's user score.
Out of the ones I checked, Gamestop is the only one that really complained about it.
GameCritics
Games.cz
BigPond GameArena

There are plenty others. Though I'm not here to bash the game, I simply used it as a example for a game that relied on motion. The fact that it's usually considered the best display of motion controls "done right" and still isn't even 99% accurate shows that motion controls have no place as a primary control in big name games. I mean, it's fine for Mario Party 354 or w/e but not a Zelda imo.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I had a thought about what they could innovate with the NX. One thing we've seen recently is games that start to interact with each other. Amiibo for example, allows data to be saved to a figurine and transferred to other games. With crossplay likely happening on NX, I'm wondering if they can take the concept further.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
If you ask me, a lot of the discussions done by these two at Gamexplain people made me agree in most of their views. So, do the rest of you agree or disagree?

If you ask me, finding the balance of when to progress and what to keep is insanely tough because I see Nintendo like what some of you see: they do their own thing that oftentimes are not with what is mainstream. But you know, not always going mainstream is also needed in the business since a lot of companies are playing it too safe in most instances. But something, a risk is needed to make a success. So, while Nintendo are stuck on their back, they get serious already to find solutions to some of the problems and possibly do great. I think we could learn a few things from their style of business.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Tons of things use android from GPS devices, to digital cameras. It's not just for tablets/smartphones

Alright, I didn't know that. Still, none of those are remotely similar to a video game console. Is there any precedent for an actual video game console using the same or something similar?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord