• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Here's a thought I had while re-watching the footage: whenever we see multiplayer in the video, it's being done in handheld mode, and in two two different ways. There's traditional handheld system-to-system communication, and then there was two people sharing a screen, each using one half of the Switch's controllers. That makes me wonder if the system will be designed to allow to people to have their own complete set of both halves of the controller in multiplayer mode while on the TV. Or even better, might we be able to connect our Wii remotes to it so we don't have to buy new controllers for multiplayer mode. I would assume the first is possible, and hope the second is.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can't remember when Brawl started, but Smash 4 started development in 2012, so no. People are saying that Smash NS is gonna be Smash 4 with some characters and maybe 3DS stages despite a 3 year gap. Besides, if you wanna go that route, then we' won't be getting Smash at all.

I'm not talking about development time at all, I specifically said release. To see a new Smash game so soon is unlikely.

And so it begins.

Except that it's a cartridge based console.

From a handheld perspectives this isn't a problem, from a home console perspective it is. Most (third party) developers are jumping on the wagon but this will present a problem for them later on, granted they can always release games digitally.

Hopefully Nintendo finally implements an account system.

Storage is cheap these days, so I'm not entirely sure what problem they're claiming to have.

Here's a thought I had while re-watching the footage: whenever we see multiplayer in the video, it's being done in handheld mode, and in two two different ways. There's traditional handheld system-to-system communication, and then there was two people sharing a screen, each using one half of the Switch's controllers. That makes me wonder if the system will be designed to allow to people to have their own complete set of both halves of the controller in multiplayer mode while on the TV. Or even better, might we be able to connect our Wii remotes to it so we don't have to buy new controllers for multiplayer mode. I would assume the first is possible, and hope the second is.

Considering the controllers are clearly wireless, using more than one should be a non-issue.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Considering the controllers are clearly wireless, using more than one should be a non-issue.

Not that I doubted it, but I just found evidence supporting that:
NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.jpg

The green lights on either side of the center of the remote seem to like they serve the same function as the blue lights on the bottom Wiimote.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Speaking of storage, I'm a little antsy on how that'll be handled.

The dock will probably take hard drives, but the base unit itself worries me. They're obviously not shoving an HDD in there, and an SSD would be far too expensive, so is it just gonna be SD cards? If so, it might be difficult to justify a digital library; games, particularly those from third-parties, are probably going to expand in size closer to what the PS4 and Xbone are dealing with, and there'll be no cheap way to carry around any significant number of games in the base unit.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I'm not talking about development time at all, I specifically said release. To see a new Smash game so soon is unlikely.

Because Samurai was busy doing other stuff. If Nintendo asked him to work on Smash NS for launch window/year, then that really doesn't matter much. My main point was that people are expecting Smash by the end of next year, but everyone thinks it'll just be Smash 4 with the DLC and Ice Climbers while I'm saying that won't be it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Not that I doubted it, but I just found evidence supporting that:
The green lights on either side of the center of the remote seem to like they serve the same function as the blue lights on the bottom Wiimote.

They clearly showed it in the video, friend.

Speaking of storage, I'm a little antsy on how that'll be handled.

The dock will probably take hard drives, but the base unit itself worries me. They're obviously not shoving an HDD in there, and an SSD would be far too expensive, so is it just gonna be SD cards? If so, it might be difficult to justify a digital library; games, particularly those from third-parties, are probably going to expand in size closer to what the PS4 and Xbone are dealing with, and there'll be no cheap way to carry around any significant number of games in the base unit.

Is it know how much internal memory the switch will have?

The specs still haven't been revealed last I checked, I've seen some going around but don't know if they are legit, they seem believable though.

The tablet is too small for an SSD, it'll probably use something like eMMC, as for capacity, could be a wide range of things but at least 64GB wouldn't be too big a shot in the dark. And they'll probably allow either micro or standard SD cards to expand.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They clearly showed it in the video, friend.

Do you mean the image, or local multiplayer with multiple remotes on one system? If you meant the image, yes I knew that, I just didn't notice the green lights tills later. If you meant multiplayer, I'm pretty sure all they showed was people each with their own system, or two people splitting the one remote in half.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Do you mean the image, or local multiplayer with multiple remotes on one system? If you meant the image, yes I knew that, I just didn't notice the green lights tills later. If you meant multiplayer, I'm pretty sure all they showed was people each with their own system, or two people splitting the one remote in half.

Splitting the controller means using two controllers, thus, naturally it would support using more than one controller.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
It's pretty interesting! I'm definitely down to buy it. My question is, since Nintendo is trying to get away from the Wii name, I wonder what they'll do about Miis? Maybe we still get them but under a different name?

Zamin

It looks cool but I am going to miss the dual screen of the DS/3DS. It is quite an inventive way to play though.

Born Better

God of Lightning
We saw people playing on a plane and multiple other places with the dock nowhere in sight, so I'd say yeah. Nintendo even confirmed that the dock is pretty much just a charger and TV output.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd like Bayonetta 3 as well. Especially if they decide to make a live-action movie of the first one, a new Bayonetta game can serve as marketing material for such.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Didn't Gamefreak say they'd make main series Pokemon games for the Switch(NX) a while back?

If so, then I can't wait to see what comes after Sun and Moon.

Also, mobile Skyrim ftw.