• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I'd like Bayonetta 3 as well. Especially if they decide to make a live-action movie of the first one, a new Bayonetta game can serve as marketing material for such.

There's the Bayonetta anime film already and Witchblade too.

Plus a Bayo live action film would be horrible, it would not translate well.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Didn't Gamefreak say they'd make main series Pokemon games for the Switch(NX) a while back?

If so, then I can't wait to see what comes after Sun and Moon.

Also, mobile Skyrim ftw.
Hopefully they are learning about HD as we speak.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So I've been assuming that the screen on the system be a touch screen, as touchscreens are the norm these days, but I just realized that that wouldn't work, because it would be impossible to utilize the touchscreen while playing on the TV. I guess that means we're losing both the second screen and touchscreens as far as handhelds are concerned.

It's pretty interesting! I'm definitely down to buy it. My question is, since Nintendo is trying to get away from the Wii name, I wonder what they'll do about Miis? Maybe we still get them but under a different name?

Miis were still on the 3DS, and now even on our phones with Miitomo. They seem to have a life independent of the Wii brand, so I bet they're kept. Still upset the console isn't called the Swiitch

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Also, mobile Skyrim ftw.

Am I the only one that thinks playing this on the go or outdoors is a bit impractical, it's a bit on the bigger side.

I know most people will throw the tablet argument at me but as a handheld I don't know. On a roadtrip? sure, but while waiting in line somewhere or at the park, nope.

Plus you have all that stuff to keep track off and it could fall and break, get stolen etc..

I don't know maybe it's just me, it's not like I take my 3ds with me much places either because I just prefer playing it from the comfort of my home.

Last edited:

BCVM22

But a lot of it, making it odd to say "okay but I want a Smash game developed even MORE by Bandai-Namco."

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
This is really the first home console I just have to have since I was a kid. T he last was a Sega Genesis which I never got but I have a game collection for the PS3, Sonic Collection on the DS, and the plug in that was released last year. So I am set. But the Switch iss my newest must have!

BCVM22

They wouldn't actually make the dock the only way to charge it, would they?

With the introductory video's focus on taking the Switch with you everywhere, you would think not, and that a separate AC adapter will be available to charge it on the go.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Considering the NX uses game cards instead of CDs, it seems quite plausible to suggest the home and handheld consoles are becoming one.

The NX even has the same wireless functions as handheld systems, so it's quite possible Nintendo is doing away with the handheld series. Of course, if this is the case, this would mean Pokémon will be undergoing a HUGE transition. I don't know if I'm ready for it.

BCVM22

Considering the NX uses game cards instead of CDs, it seems quite plausible to suggest the home and handheld consoles are becoming one.

It's not as if all handheld systems MUST use cartridges and all consoles MUST use optical media. It's a function of the power and space needs required for an optic drive vs. a card-reading slot. They are linked, to be sure, but it does not bear on the distinction between handheld vs. console in and of itself.

The NX even has the same wireless functions as handheld systems, so it's quite possible Nintendo is doing away with the handheld series. Of course, if this is the case, this would mean Pokémon will be undergoing a HUGE transition. I don't know if I'm ready for it.

It's also premature to try and divine whether such a change will take place, and the extent and nature of that change if it does. Especially with Generation VII not technically underway just yet and thus Generation VIII still years off.

Last edited:

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
My biggest concern with the Switch is the use of game cards over CDs. I understand for a device that is portable, game cards are the smarter option, but will they work. Will third party companies be able to develop their games for the Switch as they would for say the PlayStation 4 without the use of CDs?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My biggest concern with the Switch is the use of game cards over CDs. I understand for a device that is portable, game cards are the smarter option, but will they work. Will third party companies be able to develop their games for the Switch as they would for say the PlayStation 4 without the use of CDs?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the real difference? Both disks and cartridges are ways to store data. The same games can be put on either. Why would it matter?

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the real difference? Both disks and cartridges are ways to store data. The same games can be put on either. Why would it matter?

From what I understand, CDs hold more data than cartridges. Which, is why I am unsure how Nintendo can make them viable in today's market.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's not as if all handheld systems MUST use cartridges and all consoles MUST use optical media. It's a function of the power and space needs required for an optic drive vs. a card-reading slot. They are linked, to be sure, but it does not bear on the distinction between handheld vs. console in and of itself.
To add on to that.

The N64 has cartridges.

Many modern consoles had CDs, but the PSP had UMDs (Universal Media Discs).

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

They can always release games digitally.

(Hopefully Nintendo finally implements a proper account system)

Cartridges also mean less moving parts in the console because the lack of a disk drive and cartridges would allow faster/no installs.

The only problem would be price since proprietary carts (if Nintendo decides/decided to go that route) would be more expensive to produce. But we still don't know what Nintendo is going to do in this respect.

From what I understand, CDs hold more data than cartridges.

Not necessarily they are just (slightly) cheaper to mass produce.

Last edited:

Feline

Why?
When I saw that cartridge slot, my first reaction was could this possibly be compatible with 3DS games? PM me your thoughts cause I don't go on serebii that much. :/