• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Pokemon Power

It seems the Switch VC, like the Wii U VC, will start with games from the NES and Super NES. I have a few hopes for the Switch VC. First, I would like to send my data from the Wii U VC versions over to the Switch so I don't have to start over. Second, as the system goes on, I'd like to see games from the N64, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and third-party systems. Finally, I would like to see them release more than one VC game each week of the year.

Tangeh

EB Games (Canada) has some good trade-in promotions going on, including $150 for a new 3DS XL OR 32gb Wii U towards a preorder of the switch. Or trade 3 games toward a preorder of a switch game (or $26.67 per game), or 5 games for $100 towards a switch preorder.

Thing is the Switch isn't going to be cross-compatible, so I'd like to keep the old systems around, especially if I can't transfer the virtual console titles. >_> but I definitely have some games around that I don't want and may qualify. Although in my experience with EB games they tend to be extremely cheap with their trade-in values, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
The GameStop Switch trade in console value
Hold up, does that say you get an additional $30 trade in credit for trading in a Wii? Could it be any Wii, or the cheap redesigned one that doesn't play GC games?

If so, I'd be more than happy trading my Wii, n3DSXL, and OG PS4 to get Switch+Zelda for free at launch. Hoping the deal lasts until the Switch release because I want to wait until GS does their constant "50% extra trade in credits" weekend deals before then.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Me neither!! The only way I'd sell mine was if they had Gamecube of Switch VC.

There will be. You'll just have to pay for each of them again, either as an HD Remaster for $40-$60 and/or digital Gamecube classics ranging from $10-$20.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokemon Power

There will be. You'll just have to pay for each of them again, either as an HD Remaster for $40-$60 and/or digital Gamecube classics ranging from $10-$20.
That's just a few games. It's the same case with my N64. It's not connected to my TV, so I'm not playing it right now, but still, the only way I'm gonna sell it, is if they have all of the games I have for it on the VC.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

The Joy-Cons appear to have digital triggers, which limits their ability to distribute GameCube VC titles.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Are there are any GCN games that actually require the analog nature of the triggers/are the Pro Controller's triggers analog?

Off the top of my head, I believe the analog triggers determine the strength of the water spray in Super Mario Sunshine, a very major GameCube title that would probably be first in line for the Virtual Console.
There are conflicting reports on if the Pro Controller has analog triggers.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Now there's a rumor going on stating that Fire Emblem Fates will be getting a Switch port with Revelations as the default path.
That is suspected to be a coding error on Nintendo's behalf on their new webpage.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Looks like Stars is getting more evidence against it. Nintendo has officially confirmed that they are not ditching the 3DS anytime soon.

Here's my proof:https://www.wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/ This is from the Regginator himself. He says that the 3DS has a long life ahead of it and that it will run alongside the Switch. Looms like Pokemon isn't coming to the Switch anytime soon.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power