• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Goodness, talk about the conversation turning dark.

His words, not mine. What I'm saying is that Game Freak probably does not take into account the intelligence of the fans giving criticism. They're just looking at pure sales and the feasibility of their suggestions.

Which makes it even more puzzling that you'd claim a "25% dislike ratio" from these people is something that cannot be sneezed at. If these people that you claim are so important (they aren't) are disliking the games to that staggering ratio but still buying the games, that doesn't really help your point.

Who says they're still buying the games? The negativity has came about mostly post-SM and with the pre-release of USUM, we have no idea how this impacts the sales yet.

And furthermore, now that we've admitted that a significant chunk of these people are in fact that dumb, doesn't that further render much of their "negativity" meaningless?

Not really. If a large number of dumb people want something, in a capitalist system you have to deliver it to remain successful. And even if they're not expressing their opinions intelligently they may have a valid point.

BCVM22

who says they're still buying the games?

You did.

The dumbest people on the planet that buy their games, regardless of their intelligence they're still sales and Game Freak does not want to lose such a large percentage of their customers.

Game Freak can't lose something they don't already have, can they?

Anyway, this is a lot of unnecessary debate on whether the people on YouTube matter. There are occasions where they do, to some degree. They don't, in this case. You can continue not sneezing at your 25% dislike ratio. Ultimately it will continue not mattering, I think.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Um, not his word. Yours.

He was the one who used the word "dumb". Perhaps I should've put part in quotations, I was just playing off what he was saying, not insulting them myself.

You did.

Game Freak can't lose something they don't already have, can they?

No, no, no, you're not getting it. I'm not saying these people don't buy their games, I'm saying they won't buy their games. In other words, they've bought past games, are unhappy with them, and are not interested in USUM or any further casual focused games.

Anyway, this is a lot of unnecessary debate on whether the people on YouTube matter. There are occasions where they do, to some degree. They don't, in this case. You can continue not sneezing at your 25% dislike ratio. Ultimately it will continue not mattering, I think.

They're a reflection of what's happening in the fanbase. It shows that there's a large percentage of fans that are unhappy. There's also other factors that would cover the fans that didn't watch the Youtube videos. In USUM's case, third versions are historically low selling, they're not marketing the game for very long, and there's newer hardware out now overshadowing this release. For the Switch and beyond, you have to consider who's buying a Switch. The casual gamers that Game Freak are obsessed with are probably not buying a Switch (and probably weren't as much of a factor in the 3DS as they believed, but Game Freak needs to figure that out themselves), most of that audience is firmly entrenched in mobile and not really interested in buying gaming focused device and a Pokemon game to go along with it, it's hard enough to get this group to pay $5 for a game let alone $360. Out of the gamers that actually ARE interested in a Switch, most of them likely will raise their expectations for a console Pokemon game since the hardware is capable of much more and the console audience values size, scale, and freedom.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't think you even know what you're talking about.

The same people that bought a 3DS just for Pokemon will do the same for the Switch.

There are no casual Pokemon fans really. This is really one of few gaming fanbases that will buy a system just for one series and nothing else. That's as hardcore as it gets

You're going to buy Pokemon Switch. The dislikers are going to, the haters are going and so is everyone else because it's Pokemon and people ****ing love Pokemon.

There is a huge group of older fans that do wish the recent games would stop with the hand holding but they still aren't going to skip a Core Pokemon game.

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
Might I remind people that dislikes on a pokemon video does not mean fans or potential customers saying 'nay' to it. There's raids from other sites to downvote **** 'for the luls' for goodness sakes. a 25% dislike ratio is actually kind of normal for a company's videos.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The "dumbest people on the planet" that buy their games, regardless of their intelligence they're still sales and Game Freak does not want to lose such a large percentage of their customers.

Upset people are always more likely to voice an opinion over happy people, coupled with the fact that there is also a very large (larger) portion of the fanbase that doesn't even use YouTube, looking at YouTube dislikes is totally irrelevant.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm amazed that people are reporting shortages in so many places. My home location - and I live in Des Moines, so it's not the only one around me - has had Switches for days. In about five days or so they'd only sold four - so I picked up a new one so I could give one to my brother, just because. It really sounds like they have an issue with distribution and gauging supply by location, so maybe their overall supply is closer to demand than thought? Either way, they're out there if you look for them!

I really do hope that the issues with supply and allocation can be resolved though, because I'd love to see this console reach the 20 million mark in the first year. That would be a really encouraging sign for long-term sales and long-term support.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm amazed that people are reporting shortages in so many places. My home location - and I live in Des Moines, so it's not the only one around me - has had Switches for days. In about five days or so they'd only sold four - so I picked up a new one so I could give one to my brother, just because. It really sounds like they have an issue with distribution and gauging supply by location, so maybe their overall supply is closer to demand than thought? Either way, they're out there if you look for them!

I really do hope that the issues with supply and allocation can be resolved though, because I'd love to see this console reach the 20 million mark in the first year. That would be a really encouraging sign for long-term sales and long-term support.

It could be they're ramping up production due to demand and judging location horribly.

Pokken Demo...noice.

EDIT: Confirmed for 24th August (Thursday)

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/164477457554

Last edited:

BCVM22

Am I the only one concerned about the fact that the Switch doesn't have any Virtual Console games yet?

Yes. It isn't what I'd call a cause for concern because it's clearly not the focus right now. If they wanted there to be a Virtual Console for the Switch right now, there would be. Instead, they're funneling you towards either the countless indie games available digitally, or the SNES Classic.

I'm not "concerned" about it any more than I'm concerned that there's no snow on the ground in August.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
lots of Nindies being promoted right now

Trailer from yesterday

Steamworld Dig 2
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Yokus Island Express
Away Journey to the Unexpected
Nine Parchments
Flipping Death
Uurnog Unlimited
Unbox Newbie's Adventure
Flat Heroes
Hollow Knight
Battle Chasers Nightwar
Owlboy
Huntdown
Constructor Plus
Lichtspeer
State of Mind
8-Bits Armies
Shu
World to the West
Rogue Trooper Redux
WarGroove
Tinymetal
Portal Knights
Aces of the Luftwaffe
Semblance
Brawlout

Nindies Summer Showcase

Super Meat Boy Forever (2018)
Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Early 2018)
Mom Hid My Game (Late 2017)
Golf Story (September)
Floor Kids (Holiday)
Wulver Blade (September)
Poly Bridge (Holiday)
Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition (Early 2018)
Earth Atlantis (Fall)
Next Up Hero (Early 2018)
SteamWorld Dig 2 (September 21)
Mulaka (Early 2018)
Yono and the Celestial Elephants (October 12)
Dragon: Marked for Death (Winter)
Battle Chef Brigade (Holiday)
Morphies Law (Winter)
Sausage Sports Club (Fall)
Light Fingers (Early 2018)
Nine Parchments (Holiday)
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again (2018)

some other standalone trailers that weren't in the Direct are up on Nintendo's YouTube at the moment, and we'll probably see more from Nindies@Night tomorrow

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Poly Bridge definitely looks fun to play.

So many games, sadly not enough time to play :(