• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
nintendo has definitely won me back! I was able to pick up a Switch back in July! And in 3 short months, I already have 6 games for it! Splatoon, Mario Kart, Pokken, Sonic Mania, Octopath and Odyssey! While in 4 years of Having the Wii U, I only gotten 7 games. The U was definitely the lowest point for Nintendo and had turned me off for a long while! If they was ever come up with a way to port U games over to the Switch, I'd port My Mario 3D World, Mario Wii U, DK Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros and Mario Maker and i would no longer have a use for it again!

I only wish though that the Menu screen was more lively and the Mii community existed from the Wii U. Where we could post our Photos, drawings and comments online and interacted with other players! Hopefully all that will be available along with the Virtual Console next year!

Good to hear, 'cause they definitely push me away from it with their decisions in their games as-of-late. I don't even know if I want to get a Switch now and/or continue my gaming life. All I can say is that Kimishima or whoever takes those decisions have no moral code and should be ashamed of themselves. Making money is important for Nintendo, but think of the goddamn children first! Won't say more on this.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Miiverse costs money to keep it running and it only works with the previous generation, so they have to shut it down. This can be a problem to 3DS users who care about taking snapshots, since Nintendo still wants to make games for it (except Game Freak after USUM releases).
I'm pretty sure we've already seen all the remaining games Nintendo plans to release on the 3DS announced in one form or another. Don't expect too many games to come out next year, certainly not after 2018.

Good to hear, 'cause they definitely push me away from it with their decisions in their games as-of-late. I don't even know if I want to get a Switch now and/or continue my gaming life. All I can say is that Kimishima or whoever takes those decisions have no moral code and should be ashamed of themselves. Making money is important for Nintendo, but think of the goddamn children first! Won't say more on this.
How long did it take you to get a 3DS when it was released and the DS was no longer relevant? Were you angry then too?

Nintendo can't keep designing games for one system for the rest of forever. They need to keep advancing their technology or they will completely lose out to Sony and Microsoft, not to mention all the smartphone providers. You can't be mad at them for going from two systems to one when it means all of their games will be available on one system instead of requiring us to buy two systems to get all the games we want, and you can't be mad at them for making a system that is leaps and bounds ahead of the 3DS, brings in more 3rd party designers, and ultimately makes Nintendo a great brand again.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Care to explain that point of view? Most people, myself included, seem to think Nintendo is doing better than ever right now.

BCVM22

It's not a troll. That's an actual opinion someone holds, and broadcasts - willingly - at every perceived non-opportunity. The same person actually wished bodily harm on Kimishima for daring to take away precious Miiverse.

Process that as you will, but I don't recommend trying to engage with the opinion, out of fear of legitimizing it via discussion.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm actually not surprised about these comments, I remember an Almost Exact same Conversation about why many of us thinking Pokémon was going to the then recently released 3DS about 6 years ago.

Currently the 3ds is the oldest supported console on the market. Its' currently sitting just over 6 years, which is still getting "Flagship" games for it. On the Nintendo European Website, there are 5 (or 6 if you count USUM as two) titles in the Featured Upcoming 3DS games.

Well, it's not like your 3DS will suddenly won't work due to Nintendo saying so.

Sure I'm annoyed that Screenshots via Miiverse will be ending, but then I had a full 18 month of Use before Miiverse even was available on the 3DS! (I got my 3ds quite early on)

Anyway, with 10 days short of being 5 years, I think there could be some issues behind the scenes that could be the reason for closing Miiverse.

BCVM22

I think there could be some issues behind the scenes that could be the reason for closing Miiverse.

Which... we know. The service is limited to the dead Wii U and the victory lap 3DS, and isn't worth the server upkeep at this late date. They've said as much. Minimal mystery involved.

Furthermore, Reggie explains here that the service architecture was linked on both systems, and once they took it decided to take it down for the Wii U, the 3DS version would have to go as well.

Last edited:

the black lugia

FEAR ME NOW
Last edited:

BCVM22

Your photo doesn't give any indication of how deep that pocket is "height" wise - as in, how much space is in that pocket - but based solely on the length and width I'd think either a small charging cable, one full-size game case, or an aftermarket case designed to hold several Switch game cards.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Okay I posted a better picture

As you can see there is another side to it. I tried putting a game case and doesn't fit.

That long red line has small pockets where you can put 5 game cartridges. So must be a small charging cable like you said.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I have been looking at Mario Odyssey videos, and it really seems that they haven't fixed the anti-aliasing issue of Wii U.

This makes me really disappointed for the future Generations of Pokémon. I don't really want a eight to nine more years of jaggies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have been looking at Mario Odyssey videos, and it really seems that they haven't fixed the anti-aliasing issue of Wii U.

This makes me really disappointed for the future Generations of Pokémon. I don't really want a eight to nine more years of jaggies.

The Wii U didn't have an anti-aliasing issue. Most developers didn't use anti-aliasing because of the performance hit, very common on consoles. If there's enough performance overhead, anti-aliasing will be used. It all depends on how each developer creates their engine. AA is easy to drop, besides maybe texture filtering it's the least important thing as far as visual fidelity goes. In most cases aliasing is very easy to ignore if you're not constantly on the lookout for it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Is there any reason we're supposed to believe this guy? He put credentials at the top, but without context they mean nothing to me.

Anyways:

There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year.

Pressure from Nintendo? Of course there is. You don't need a leak to tell you Nintendo wants one of their best-selling franchises on their new console as soon as possible.

If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

That just sounds like fan-speculation. (I've heard that very same speculation before.)

Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly.

An easy and somewhat obvious guess to make.

There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.

Once again, that's just an easy guess to make, seeing as they're overdue to release a new one and they're going to want to bank on the success of Pocket Camp.

The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

Just as plenty of hints and speculation has inferred (can't say I like it though).

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

I've heard that before.

My point is, these are all either easy guesses to make, line up perfectly with current speculation, or are just saying what people want to hear. Doesn't seem like anything worth paying much attention to.

BCVM22

All of it sounds reasonable enough, but we don't need a breakdown of every juicy unsourced rumor any one person or group puts out. Believe it, don't believe it, whichever makes you happier, we'll know one way or the other in time.

but without context they mean nothing to me

Truer words.

Anyway, his point is that he's claiming (and sourcing) that he hinted weeks ago and made explicit a week ago something that was just announced in the last few days, which is supposed to make him believable to us.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
All of it sounds reasonable enough, but we don't need a breakdown of every juicy unsourced rumor any one person or group puts out. Believe it, don't believe it, whichever makes you happier, we'll know one way or the other in time.

True. I guess it's just me coming off of the Ultra Sun and Moon pre-release period. Simpy out of habit, I feel the need to break it down and get critical for people who may just look at it and assume it's true.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well, the next two years are going to be "fun" at least.

Anyways, even if the leak was true, I don't think I would want another The World Ends With You(I mean, I would, if this was ten years ago when that aesthetic was popular, but...), because it would end up as complicated as KH series, among other Nomuraisms. But then again, it is the only Nomura game that didn't get a sequel, and SE loves cash, so....

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Got Rocket League. Didn't want to go in for physical copies anymore so got digital.

Might return all my other physical games and get digital versions of Splatoon, MK, BOatW and possibly FIFA.

Rocket League is hella fun though

Pokemon Power

Quick question that's been on my mind. If I got the digital version of a game I own physically, will my data for the physical version be intact?