• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

R_N

I genuinely think they cut all that junk from the switch so it was just a game thing.
Like the UI on this is barebones and the "features" follow suit. You have a friends list, the eshop, your games, thats it. You barely have themes, there is no music, you can barely even view your playlog.

Like they're not idiots. The dsi had a browser. Even the 3DS has youtube and netflix and that's a system that should probably have had neither.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I genuinely think they cut all that junk from the switch so it was just a game thing.
Like the UI on this is barebones and the "features" follow suit. You have a friends list, the eshop, your games, thats it. You barely have themes, there is no music, you can barely even view your playlog.

Like they're not idiots. The dsi had a browser. Even the 3DS has youtube and netflix and that's a system that should probably have had neither.

I can see where you're coming from, but I have a hard time feeling like it was all intentional - I think they did a good job of making it look that way, making everything very minimalist, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was more a result of pressure to release a functional, appealing new console, and some things just weren't ready yet. I could be wrong, of course - it could have been a very conscious effort to put the games and the gaming experience on display before worrying about the rest. Proving their worth in gaming still exists, more or less.

I can also agree that the 3DS definitely didn't do well with Youtube and Netflix - it's nice to have on the system, in theory, but they work so poorly.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it's still kinda insane to me that they actually did make a browser for the Switch that you can't just call up at will

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't see why the lack of Netflix and other apps has been such a big deal all of a sudden. I would never use them on my Switch. It's a game device and I don't need it cluttered up with a bunch of useless apps. None of that extra stuff is needed when I have a smart TV, a smartphone, and/or a laptop that can do all that extra stuff while I enjoy my games on my Switch.

For someone who doesn't have access to a smart TV, another console, a smartphone, or a computer for that extra stuff, I can understand a desire to put them on the Switch. But there are better alternatives and maybe a Switch shouldn't be your priority over some of those other daily devices.

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
It's just a matter of convenience imo I don't wanna be switchin devices all the times if I can get my Mario twitch YouTube Netflix zelda Hulu etc all on one thing

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So we may get six Switch game announcements soon? I seriously hope that one of them is SSB4 Deluxe. Though it probably won't.

That would be nice.

More specifically, it would be dope if they released a Switch port combining all the features of both the 3DS and Wii U versions. To have Smash Run and Stage Builder in the same game would be the ****.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, only 2 days left until the 11th. We'll know if that rumor is true or false pretty soon. They do tend to announce the Directs pretty late, sometimes the day before, so if we're really getting one then they'll make an official announcement in the next 24 hours. Even if it is false though, I can't see them waiting much longer for a real Direct. We know far too little about their 2018 plans for them to go without one for another month.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
gonna guess it's just the existing costumes being used as amiibo unlocks
Likely, but if there was even one Nintendo costume that wasn't in the Wii U Bayonetta 2, I would switch out for the Switch version.

Pokemon Power

Man, the hype for the possible Nintendo Direct tommorow is so big, Nintendo's just trolling everyone on their Twitter. I'm seeing a bunch of replies on their posts that are like "GIVE US THE DIRECT" and "WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG". I've even seen a few offensive posts that I won't get into.
EDIT: Seems they're starting to acknowledge the replies. They put up a picture of a fiery Chibi-Robo.

Last edited:

BCVM22

The only thing they’re acknowledging is that they’re having fun trolling people who really don’t have anything else to do but tweet at them shouting GIVE US THE DIRECT, and I applaud them for it.

People need to chill the you-know-what out. It’ll come when it comes.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The only thing they’re acknowledging is that they’re having fun trolling people who really don’t have anything else to do but tweet at them shouting GIVE US THE DIRECT, and I applaud them for it.

People need to chill the you-know-what out. It’ll come when it comes.

Feel the burn, you gullible people.

I must admit, people jumped the gun rather quickly on this one, and as the days crept forward, the odds got slimmer, and they still wouldn't give up.

At a certain point, hope turns into lunacy. We will get a Direct when Nintendo is ready. Let's not torture ourselves with false hopes and expectations.

BCVM22

People can't even claim they need a time/date for the Direct in order to plan accordingly. You don't need tickets. You weren't going to clear your schedule just to watch it (I hope). We know it's coming some time this month, and probably by the end of next week at the latest. This is literally people shouting into the ether because they can't be patient. It's not a good look.

BCVM22

Okay.

Do we know one is coming? Absolutely. Worst kept secret of the week.
Will we know when? Absolutely. We will likely know soon that it's coming soon.

That's all we really need. I think we can go back to the previous point - do we really need updates saying this company's Twitter account and that company's Twitter account are tweeting things that might concern the Direct? No. Not really.