• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The only media I’d want to see on the Switch eShop is apps for Netflix and maybe a music player similar to the one on 3DS where we get to add music we already own.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Nintendo should consider expanding the eShop to sell other forms of media including movies, music and TV, like Sony and Microsoft have done with their digital download shops. Also explore streaming of exclusive movies and TV shows on Switch online.

id have a hard time believing this would be good for the consumers. media material in the past was kept by the networks then later on decentralized. they starting to take back their shows and movies with the online streaming sites again. if you want to see show a, b, c, d and e and they all are on separate sources then you'd need multiple subscriptions. seems like a big hassle to me to have all the media content split up into 5 billion different subscription services.

I'd have to agree with Nel here. It feels like alot of Companies are Saying, "To watch our series, you have to subscribe to our service." While tying to see what was on the stores, Playstation Video appears to have more or less gone in the UK store at least.

Another thing is what can Nintendo get on the Store. Currently the only thing that I can see them putting up there are the Pikmin Movies, that they've done in the Past. Alot of "Nintendo" Movies and TV shows are partly owned by someone else. No "The Wizard" "Super Mario Bros" or "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!". And that's not counting the various TV shows, which may not exist outside of a battered VHS tape.

Ok, getting the other Apps Like Youtube and Hulu, I'd say Bring on Netflix and Amazon Video. Sure, they require a subscription, but at least those aren't limited to one device.

I actually found some thing Wild, I believe you can get some of the old DIC Mario TV shows on the Switch, Wii U and 3DS, by looking for certain channel or two on Youtube.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It looks like that US and Europe are getting the game before Japan.. What?

Looking at the footage.. Yikes that's compressed.. Ok, The Switch appears to be running in a Sub-1080p mode, however this could easily be due to the footage we've got could be a 720p30 upscaled to 1080p60. The Footage I'm seeing running or intended to be at 30FPS based on my Mk1 frame rate tester. (Basically, hitting pause then pressing Next frame "Period" repeatedly.) Given that Cold Steel 1 & 2 on the Vita was 20FPS and had dips, and it's some what of a improvement. EDIT: I didn't read they where aiming for 720p30 across the board.)

This really looks like Development build given that there is some Japanese items still in place, where there is a English version on the PS4.

I think the textures are of a lower quality compared to the PS4, but I'd have compare Rean and Black Rabbit to the PS4 Demo version. (Sorry I can't spell her name.) But then the footage isn't really good enough to Digital Foundry on it.

Did they change Millium's VA?

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I'd have to agree with Nel here. It feels like alot of Companies are Saying, "To watch our series, you have to subscribe to our service." While tying to see what was on the stores, Playstation Video appears to have more or less gone in the UK store at least.

Another thing is what can Nintendo get on the Store. Currently the only thing that I can see them putting up there are the Pikmin Movies, that they've done in the Past. Alot of "Nintendo" Movies and TV shows are partly owned by someone else. No "The Wizard" "Super Mario Bros" or "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!". And that's not counting the various TV shows, which may not exist outside of a battered VHS tape.

Ok, getting the other Apps Like Youtube and Hulu, I'd say Bring on Netflix and Amazon Video. Sure, they require a subscription, but at least those aren't limited to one device.

I actually found some thing Wild, I believe you can get some of the old DIC Mario TV shows on the Switch, Wii U and 3DS, by looking for certain channel or two on Youtube.
The live action Mario show with Lou Albano is currently on Netflix in the US which can be used on the Wii U and 3DS.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Woot. Been playing the Japanese demo of those games and they're really fun.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You survived playing the atrocious Switch demo? Because it doesn't represent the full game well, which does run well.
Psst, I didn't find it atrocious. It played fine on my Switch. It's why I'm interested in it. :)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
At which point it is no longer a trial...

Semantics. As it is, this is already a second trial on top of the one they give everyone for free.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That's good news. I want to get the Game Boy theme. Forgot about the event and missed out on it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I just go with Sandisk ones myself. That said, anyone want to bet that they'll be more expensive?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I heard about that recently. Hopefully Nintendo will sue them over this.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That depends if the first one doesn't have any downloaded games in it.

You should turn off the Switch, manually move the files from the first one to your computer, move them to the bigger one, put that one in the Switch, and done.
I just learned that the default storage is internal and that the Switch doesn’t actually come with a microSD card. So inserting it still allowed me to keep my stuff!

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
This week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine #1622 features New Year’s cards and aspirations for 54 Japanese developers for the year 2020, including Atlus.

These cards include statements from the developers for the coming year. According to a magazine leak, Atlus’ comment is the following:

Both Shin Megami Tensei V and Project Re Fantasy are under active development.

Not teasing as much as previous years, Atlus is reiterating that development is still ongoing for both of the company’s upcoming RPGs that have lacked updates for a long while.
From Persona Central. Nice to see SMT V is still a thing, looking forward to any possible info after Scramble comes out. Assuming it comes out before FF7 Remake part 2

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441...-for-the-week-ending-december-7-cyber-monday/

It seems Nintendo Switch has finally outsold Xbone in retail sales (there is no comparison of shipments since there is no such data as "Xbox One Shipment Sales", Microsoft doesn't release them). Next threshold for both is SNES's 49.01 million sales, which should happen sometime earlier 2020 for Switch.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441...r-the-week-ending-december-28-christmas-week/
And Switch has reached 49.8 million, surpassing SNES.

Next threshold is NES's 61.91 million, which should happen later this year.

BCVM22

A January Direct outlining their Q1/Q2 offerings with a new reveal or two is fairly standard, so that’s logical.