• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Pokemon Power

GameStop's internal database shows several mysterious SKUs under Switch.

SAupp2Dl.jpg

This has sparked discussion that a Nintendo Direct is in the horizon (which would also be the perfect time to drop whoever the fifth DLC fighter for SSBU is).
The moment it's revealed, I'm gonna ask the admins to open up the Direct thread.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20200106PD206.html
https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-sw...6/new-nintendo-switch-model-2020-release-date
According to DigiTimes, Nintendo is planning to release a new hardware revision to Switch this year. If this is true, this will likely use the Tegra X2 chip (but possibly with a gimped mobile Volta GPU like Xavier's), as Mariko variant and Switch Lite use a X1 chip, and original variant uses a K1 chip.

Edit: Despite what Youtubers and Kotaku says, new Switch's release schedule will likely follow Japanese fiscal year which starts in April, ie. production will likely begin in June and be released in September/October/November similar to DSi (released November 2008 in Japan) and New N3DS (Released October 2014 in Japan), not start in March and be released in Summer.

Of course this will also mean Switch's successor will release in early 2023, before the start of the new fiscal year on April 2023, which would be consistent with Switch's release after NN3DS (March 2017) and N3DS's release after DSi (February 2011 in Japan).

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

What cataclysm befalls us if the thread is not IMMEDIATELY open for us to blather and theorize aimlessly? Particularly when it specifically is *not* a general Direct, narrowing its realistic scope considerably.

It’s a puzzling thing to insist upon, to say the least.
And it's open, because I asked.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Oh wow. That's an amazing deal.

I half contemplated getting that game, given my interest in space sci-fi. Can anyone vouch for it?
I have the game. It’s pretty good and I like it a lot. I usually don’t play shooters but this one is very interesting. But you should buy the two packs that unlock all of the items because if you manage to find and buy the any of the physical weapons and ships packs, you only have seven days of them being unlocked before you need to link the pieces to the game again. Also getting the main ship body piece on and off the special controller given is a bit hard but doesn’t ruin the game experience.

Pokemon Power

What cataclysm befalls us if the thread is not IMMEDIATELY open for us to blather and theorize aimlessly? Particularly when it specifically is *not* a general Direct, narrowing its realistic scope considerably.

It’s a puzzling thing to insist upon, to say the least.
Hey, remember when you told me DLC in a Pokemon game would never happen, even if it was free? Looks like I got the last laugh on that one.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Hey, remember when you told me DLC in a Pokemon game would never happen, even if it was free? Looks like I got the last laugh on that one.
I got the last laugh when Cloud was announced as DLC for Smash 4. You earned the right to gloat right now. I sort of figured that DLC was very likely for SwSh given the Pokémon programmed into the games but not made available. I was also right about more Pokémon being added in the future and that there were Legendary Pokémon not in the programming at launch to keep as a surprise to players and prevent hackers from leaking everything about thegames early.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Third/Enhanced Versions were expensive DLC before it was common, so really Pokemon has been getting one on everyone for decades.
I don't really disagree, but it was fun to occasionally set a new save file.

Although now with the games being $60, this is a relief.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.clien.net/service/board/park/14491872
According to the Korean site Clien who got the rumor from the Chinese sources, Pro is indeed coming in the fourth quarter in Korean fiscal year* and may use a Volta GPU. In that case, it might use a Xavier chip instead of X2, but most likely it will use X2 CPU and Xavier's GPU**.

*Korean fiscal year uses calender year unlike Japan, so the fourth quarter would be October-December, which would be third quarter in Japanese fiscal year.
**Volta GPU in Xavier chips go to around 1.2-2 TFLOPs(comparable to original preXbone S Xbone and original PS4), as oppossed to PC GPUs which are around 7.4-8 TFLOPs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Wasn’t Street Fighter V supposed to be terrible when it was first released because of the Story Mode?
The content was lacking upon first release, but they released updates and different editions with more content.

It's kind of a similar treatment to Kirby Star Allies, without the different editions part.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Speaking of Capcom games, I mentioned this in the Smash thread but some JRPGs I'd really love to check out are Breath of Fire 3, Breath of Fire 4 and Breath of Fire 5 ported over to the Nintendo Switch. I believe Breath of Fire, Capcom's premier traditional fantasy JRPG, is Capcom's most mismanaged series and is vastly underrated. You can see it in the re-release history of the Breath of Fire games. The first two Breath of Fire games have been repetitively re-released a fair amount but the ones that don't get a lot of attention are the PS1 titles Breath of Fire 3 and Breath of Fire 4 which are considered by fans as the most successful and the best the BoF series has to offer. Those games only got one port on outdated hardware and then there is Breath of Fire 5 which was considered pretty new for JRPGs and that never got a single port. I've checked out 1 and 2 but I really want to see what 3 and 4 has to offer because apparently that is Breath of Fire at its best. Also 5 sounds really interesting in the lore department.