• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Looks like Outer Worlds has a release date for Switch. If you didn’t pick it up on another platform I’d highly recommend it.

Now it just needs Outer Wilds

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/442...unch-a-new-nintendo-switch-model-during-2020/

During the recent press release, Nintendo confirmed they do not have plans to have another Switch SKU in 2020. So this means no new form factor too.*
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/442271/nintendo-plans-to-continue-to-support-their-games-with-dlc/

They also confirmed they intend to support their games with DLC, which combined with the previous statement means instead of getting DPPt remakes in 2020, suggests we will likely get another Expansion Pass for Sword & Switch for Spring-Summer 2021 to have access to the remaining 200 something non-Mythical Pokémon (Sinnoh remakes will still likely happen in later 2021, though, obviously).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It's a bit weird, but Platinum Games is apparently opening a kickstarter to fund a remaster for The Wonderful 101. Said kickstarter only took like 5 minutes to get a Switch version made.

However, Platinum Games hasn't said anything about a kickstarter.
Might be an elaborate scam. They do pop up occasionally on Kickstarter from time to time.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The physical game reward is only 40 dollars, so if you’re planning on getting the game that’s a steal.

I want the Wonder Red jacket though

Pokemon Power

Platinum Games is really aiming to make this the definitive edition of The Wonderful 101. That another Wii U game I own that I'll buy again on Switch and sell the retail copy of.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Proof that Atlus is slowly turning into one of the weirdest, if not the weirdest, companies in gaming.

"You want what you want,” Ari Advincula explained, “and if you don’t let us know it we’re never going to be able to make it.” Advincula said Atlus is listening and does see the desire for Persona 5 on Switch, saying “it’s important to always voice your opinion.”

Advincula encouraged fans to “keep telling us what you want,” saying she was fighting for it internally as well. However, it’s important to point out that she also said she’s obviously “not the decision-maker” in a situation like this despite being an “internal champion” for it, so this shouldn’t be taken as an indication of what is happening or could happen down the line.

...Or maybe very, very blind.
3rd parties & port begging, a tale as old as time. Playstation never has to worry 3rd party, not even during the 1st few years of the PS3 when it was difficult to program for & getting outsold by 360 did they abandon it. & yet when Nintendo has a system that outsold the XB1 in half the time still there are companies showing hesitation. Halfway through the life cycle of the Switch & still we don't have a Madden, a CoD, a GTA, Gearbox making excuses why they aren't porting any of the Borderlands (when they did port the much less popular Bulletstorm), a new Monster Hunter, & so forth.

Captain Jigglypuff

You were born in 2017? ( This was a joke I'm stupid but not that stupid)

Wish joycons were cheaper. I want new colors but not for more than a game.
I want a wireless Pro Controller many as a back up controller that also has HD Rumble and Amiibo support and maybe another set of Joy Con for a few of the multiplayer games I have that could be fun with four or more players like Clue or Think of the Children! The latter game seems to be a game that is much better when playing with friends as one player concentrates on clearing the list of tasks before time runs out while the others run around and keep the kids from killing themselves in insane ways.

Captain Jigglypuff

The pro controller is so worth it. It cost less than a pair of joycons!
Yeah but I want a third set of Joy Cons for different colors and also for party games. Not that I throw any parties but it’d be nice if I take it over to a friend’s house and a group of us duke it out in Smash or play Monopoly together.

Pokemon Power

On a serious note, I gotta say, the Corona virus is really making a muck not just in health, but the entertainment business as well. I have a feeling we won't get any retail games on Switch for a while.

Captain Jigglypuff

On a serious note, I gotta say, the Corona virus is really making a muck not just in health, but the entertainment business as well. I have a feeling we won't get any retail games on Switch for a while.
Not necessarily. The carts are made in factories and probably not all in Asia. Plus digital downloads can be purchased literally anywhere and the option to buy physical is not as common as it used to be. Only hardcore game collectors seem to buy physical games and you don’t have to worry about having not enough memory on the system for every game you have since it can be remedied by getting a new SD card.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not necessarily. The carts are made in factories and probably not all in Asia. Plus digital downloads can be purchased literally anywhere and the option to buy physical is not as common as it used to be. Only hardcore game collectors seem to buy physical games and you don’t have to worry about having not enough memory on the system for every game you have since it can be remedied by getting a new SD card.
But what about the sd cards themselves? I'm wondering if there will be a shortage on them too. As for physical games, I generally go that route to save some space.

BCVM22

But what about the sd cards themselves? I'm wondering if there will be a shortage on them too.

There is not yet any reason to believe this will be the case. "I have a feeling we won't get any retail games on Switch for a while" especially so. Production can always be managed, even if it has to be lessened.

Don't worry about it just yet. Particularly as it appears that Animal Crossing won't be drastically affected - that's the nearest big domino at the moment, and they appear to be managing.

Pokemon Power

There is not yet any reason to believe this will be the case. "I have a feeling we won't get any retail games on Switch for a while" especially so. Production can always be managed, even if it has to be lessened.

Don't worry about it just yet. Particularly as it appears that Animal Crossing won't be drastically affected - that's the nearest big domino at the moment, and they appear to be managing.
Well, that's because they can release it digitally.