• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Rune Knight

So uh, Zelda 3D Remasters and BOTW2 for its 35th Anniversary? I know that a lot of people have been wanting to play Skyward Sword without the motion controls mechanics.

Pokémon is also getting an anniversary early next year.

BCVM22

https://in.ign.com/the-legend-of-ze...uma-seemingly-teases-skyward-sword-for-switch

He "hinted" at that almost two years ago now. Look at everything else in that article to have been "rumored" or even "reported" that hasn't come true.

As for the notion of "a lot of people have been wanting to play Skyward Sword without the motion controls mechanics," great, what these people want is in many ways a different game entirely. I personally think the motion controls, good or bad, are too deeply ingrained in Skyward Sword to do an HD remaster without them. Combat, enemies, puzzles, travel, all of it was designed with the motion controls in mind, and we don't necessarily know if the Joy-Cons could replicate the MotionPlus functionality perfectly enough. Sure, some of it you could replace with button presses, but other elements were designed wholly around holding your sword a certain way or precision attacking in a certain direction, or drawing with the Wii Remote, or so on and so forth. They'd probably manage if they were doing a straight Wii Remote > Joy-Con conversion but it would still factor in. So if they do want to re-release it, it would seem to me they have two options: a straight up HD port/remaster locked to using the Joy-Cons, or a complete redesign of the game. Both of those options have their issues.

I of course do not work for Nintendo so I don't come even remotely close to dictating policy on the matter. Maybe it's taking so long because they're doing a full conversion of the control scheme or some other intensive upconversion. Maybe they're saving it for the franchise's 35th anniversary in 2021 (though you'd hope BotW 2 would be the crown jewel in that celebration). But whether the control issues are prohibitive or not, it hasn't happened yet and the only suggestion was that tissue-thin "overseas retailer listing," which no one should take at face value. Further, I personally think there'd be a lot more novelty in one of the 2D games - perhaps the original, or A Link to the Past - getting a 2.5D/3D rebuild from the ground up the way Link's Awakening did, and benefitted from tremendously.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

So uh, Zelda 3D Remasters and BOTW2 for its 35th Anniversary? I know that a lot of people have been wanting to play Skyward Sword without the motion controls mechanics.

Pokémon is also getting an anniversary early next year.
Possible. I suspect they'd just combine Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD into one cart, then add Skyward Sword to even things out.
In terms of Pokemon's 25th, I'm thinking they're gonna go all out with not just one, but two new pairs of games. My bets are on Sinnoh remakes and Let's Go, Johto. They could also add more DLC to Sword and Shield and maybe Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee.

Torpoleon

Definitely could see Zelda and Pokemon having big things planned for next year, especially since next year is their only series anniversary during the Switch era.

For Zelda, I do agree that WWHD and TPHD arrive on Switch. I also think SSHD should be included, with the 3 being bundled similar to 3D All-Stars. Unlike other Wii U ports, I don't see WWHD and TPHD adding anything on Switch, which is fine. They had new things added when brought to Wii U initially. Maybe the new thing could be them being bundled and also with SS as part of the bundle.

Of course, I see BOTW 2 releasing next year. Hoping for it to be in the early part of that year, but I could see it being later in the year unfortunately. I could also see Nintendo releasing a version of BOTW that includes all the DLC (and subsequently phasing out the non-DLC version of BOTW, while still keeping the DLC available on the eShop for those who previously bought vanilla BOTW, but never got the DLC).

For Pokemon, I anticipate, we will see DP remakes (and they'd probably be announced around May/June. like most remakes and follow-ups). Like my idea for BOTW, I can see Nintendo doing the same thing with SWSH. We also have New Snap on the way and I wonder if Detective Pikachu will make it out in 2021 as well. Admittedly, I don't have many other ideas for new games. Most of my Pokemon wants are more remakes (Explorers, Colosseum/XD). I don't expect a big combo pack of older main series games, like what was done with Mario. I could see Gen 1 and 2 comin to NSO, assuming we get Game Boy/Game Boy Color games soon (which is probably more likely than N64 games in my opinion).

Next year is also the 35th anniversary of Metroid & Kid Icarus! I don't expect anything, but seeing the Prime Trilogy and KI: Uprising in HD on Switch would be awesome.

EDIT: Also, next month is Animal Crossing's 20th anniversary! I do think they'll have some cool things planned for ACNH, considering how much of a sales behemoth that game is. I wonder if they will go by the N64 launch or the GCN launch. Both are 2001, but I wonder which date they'd use to kick off a potential celebration.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Definitely could see Zelda and Pokemon having big things planned for next year, especially since next year is their only series anniversary during the Switch era.

For Zelda, I do agree that WWHD and TPHD arrive on Switch. I also think SSHD should be included, with the 3 being bundled similar to 3D All-Stars. Unlike other Wii U ports, I don't see WWHD and TPHD adding anything on Switch, which is fine. They had new things added when brought to Wii U initially. Maybe the new thing could be them being bundled and also with SS as part of the bundle.

Of course, I see BOTW 2 releasing next year. Hoping for it to be in the early part of that year, but I could see it being later in the year unfortunately. I could also see Nintendo releasing a version of BOTW that includes all the DLC (and subsequently phasing out the non-DLC version of BOTW, while still keeping the DLC available on the eShop for those who previously bought vanilla BOTW, but never got the DLC).

For Pokemon, I anticipate, we will see DP remakes (and they'd probably be announced around May/June. like most remakes and follow-ups). Like my idea for BOTW, I can see Nintendo doing the same thing with SWSH. We also have New Snap on the way and I wonder if Detective Pikachu will make it out in 2021 as well. Admittedly, I don't have many other ideas for new games. Most of my Pokemon wants are more remakes (Explorers, Colosseum/XD). I don't expect a big combo pack of older main series games, like what was done with Mario. I could see Gen 1 and 2 comin to NSO, assuming we get Game Boy/Game Boy Color games soon (which is probably more likely than N64 games in my opinion).

Next year is also the 35th anniversary of Metroid & Kid Icarus! I don't expect anything, but seeing the Prime Trilogy and KI: Uprising in HD on Switch would be awesome.

EDIT: Also, next month is Animal Crossing's 20th anniversary! I do think they'll have some cool things planned for ACNH, considering how much of a sales behemoth that game is. I wonder if they will go by the N64 launch or the GCN launch. Both are 2001, but I wonder which date they'd use to kick off a potential celebration.
BotW 2 I could see happening to be Zelda’s big release of the series’ 35th anniversary but I think it will release around this time next year given how Covid affected everything this year. As for Pokémon, I think two releases will occur and that is a remaster port of Detective Pikachu with a few tweaks so you can play in docked mode and some new content that gives hints towards Detective Pikachu’s sequel in a cutscene similar to BotW or the Kingdom Hearts games if you accomplish a certain task as a bonus for completing the game. The other possibility that is likely I’m guessing is either another Pass with some content for SwSh where we visit Kalos for a mini quest and see some part of the Kalos map 5hat was left unexplored but hinted to hold something noteworthy such as the other doors to the Power Plant that we couldn’t enter despite being able to interact with the locked doors and the Luminoise City underground and new info on how Zygarde is related to the Mortality Duo and why it can reverse the Duo’s Abilities.

Metroid Prime 4 I can see us just getting an update on it while an HD remaster of the Prime trilogy is released to hold over fans of the Metroid series for at least a year.

Torpoleon

I assume Nomura is only referring to KH 3 (and likely KH 2.8 as well), which is really unfortunate. They probably could bring 1.5 & 2.5 over, but Nomura probably would want all of it or nothing. Not sure if I buy the whole "technologically difficult" thing though. Hopefully they could get it to work eventually.

BotW 2 I could see happening to be Zelda’s big release of the series’ 35th anniversary but I think it will release around this time next year given how Covid affected everything this year. As for Pokémon, I think two releases will occur and that is a remaster port of Detective Pikachu with a few tweaks so you can play in docked mode and some new content that gives hints towards Detective Pikachu’s sequel in a cutscene similar to BotW or the Kingdom Hearts games if you accomplish a certain task as a bonus for completing the game. The other possibility that is likely I’m guessing is either another Pass with some content for SwSh where we visit Kalos for a mini quest and see some part of the Kalos map 5hat was left unexplored but hinted to hold something noteworthy such as the other doors to the Power Plant that we couldn’t enter despite being able to interact with the locked doors and the Luminoise City underground and new info on how Zygarde is related to the Mortality Duo and why it can reverse the Duo’s Abilities.

Metroid Prime 4 I can see us just getting an update on it while an HD remaster of the Prime trilogy is released to hold over fans of the Metroid series for at least a year.

I don't know if I could see us getting 2 years back to back with no main series games. I know we've gotten one every year from 2016 to 2019 (which is a new record and obviously showed that they should slow down), but I figure that they'd want to have a main series game for the anniversary year. Since it is too early for Gen 9, DP remakes would be the obvious choice. Though I prefer if we had 4 year generations, I could see Gen 9 getting released in Holiday 2022. I'm sure Nintendo will want a second full generation of Pokemon on the Switch. Might even be able to squeeze out a third full one.

I do wonder if they will release Detective Pikachu from the 3DS on Switch and then the sequel or just jump into the sequel. Would make sense to have the whole package on Switch, though I feel that if they wanted the original by itself, they would have done that by now.

Forgot about Prime 4, surprisingly! I do definitely think we will see Prime 4 next year and I would like to see it release in 2022, in time for Prime 1's 20th anniversary.

BCVM22

The other possibility that is likely I’m guessing is either another Pass with some content for SwSh where we visit Kalos for a mini quest and see some part of the Kalos map 5hat was left unexplored but hinted to hold something noteworthy such as the other doors to the Power Plant that we couldn’t enter despite being able to interact with the locked doors and the Luminoise City underground and new info on how Zygarde is related to the Mortality Duo and why it can reverse the Duo’s Abilities.

What part of this qualifies as likely

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What part of this qualifies as likely
Well there’s several mentions in SwSh that Kalos And Galar are very close in distance to each other, Couriway Town has the train tracks that are said to go somewhere else that has importance to the Pokémon world, there’s the strange fact that whenever you travel to the IoA by train the map shifts and along the way you’ll see what looks like a town indicator we never got to visit or see yet to the upper right where Prof Magnolia’s lab is located on the map, and half of the Pokémon introduced in Kalos can be found in Galar and the IoA in the wild so far with only the starters, the Legendaries and Mythicals, Carbink, Furfrou, And the Scatterbug, Flabébé, Litleo, And Skiddo line’s being unaccounted for or hinted to return in the CT. The Fossils are definitely coming back in the CT with the other Fossils. This is extremely interesting that out of all the Pokémon regions that Kalos has half of its native Pokémon represented with only Kanto surpassing it.

Rune Knight

I definitely don't see them passing on an opportunity to celebrate AC's 20th. NH sold way too rapidly and showed just how much people enjoy the franchise.

I also see Metroid Prime
4 getting used to celebrate the franchise's 35th, or at least get officially announced. It's a highly graphically detailed game which could be the prime reason as to why it took so long to unveil.

Pikmin is also getting an anniversary next year which may hopefully provide a reason to release Pikmin 4.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It's a highly graphically detailed game which could be the prime reason as to why it took so long to unveil.

It’s taking so long because they restarted development from scratch after two years of work. That’s gonna make for slow progress towards something they can show publicly in any project.

All of this is circumstantial, at best. So that makes it... possible, I suppose, along with countless other possibilities where none of this matters. That’s the difference between “possible” and “likely,” which was my point.

Pokemon Power

Knowing Nintendo, they probably just wanna focus on the anniversaries of their big three franchises. Specifically the 40th anniversary of Mario, the 35th anniversary of Legend of Zelda, and the 25th anniversary of Pokemon.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It’s a tradition but you run into the issue where companies force games out before they’re ready. Sonic 06 was an anniversary game for example.

KillerDraco

Does every anniversary have to have some game as a celebration?

Based on past precedent?

No.

Most game anniversaries just get a tweet or something. Pokemon 20 and Mario 35 got a bit more hype, but at the end of the day, most anniversaries pass without any significant celebration, new game, etc.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Based on past precedent?

No.

Most game anniversaries just get a tweet or something. Pokemon 20 and Mario 35 got a bit more hype, but at the end of the day, most anniversaries pass without any significant celebration, new game, etc.
Metroid has been ignored on its anniversary but Prime 4 or even a Metroid game collection could be possible for its 35th anniversary.