• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m not really interested in the series but I downloaded the demo only for the coins. I hope we get some sort of digital game download rewards for the Switch soon.

Captain Jigglypuff

What are these coins good for? Can it get u disscount on games on e-shop ?
Some stuff you can use the silver coins for are downloadable free themes and games for the 3DS and stuff like wallpapers or print outs. The Switch doesn’t get any of the good rewards other than getting a digital strategy guide that can be redeemed on the Prima Guides website for a couple of games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What are these coins good for? Can it get u disscount on games on e-shop ?
You can get certain discounts on games, but it's only for a select few, and it depends on the monthly selection.

Personally, I used the Platinum coins on physical rewards, which I got the useful Mario game case from said coins.

Captain Jigglypuff

You can get certain discounts on games, but it's only for a select few, and it depends on the monthly selection.

Personally, I used the Platinum coins on physical rewards, which I got the useful Mario game case from said coins.
I can’t even do that since I need a credit card to pay for shipping and I don’t have a card to use.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I use platinum coins on wallpapers mostly. My favorites are the month variants, though this doesn't appear often. It's mostly big Nintendo games that will have a month wallpaper (February might have one because of Super Mario 3D World Deluxe).

Captain Jigglypuff

A new Punch Out would be nice. It could take advantage of the advanced motion controls of the Joy Cons and the faster you thrust the Joy Con in the direction you want to punch, the hard it hits. Little Mac deserves a new game and Spring Man could even be used as a surprise secret opponent much like DK in the Wii game.

Ascended Dialga

My Nintendo Switch predictions for 2021:
- a reveal for a Nintendo Switch Pro model... but it will have some controversial feature or flaw that will cause huge disappointment among fans
- the last three DLC fighters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, released respectively in the spring, the summer, and the fall. One of them will be a Gen 8 Pokémon
- more info on Bayonetta 3
- more info on Metroid Prime 4 (but Metroid Prime 4 will NOT be released in 2021)
- a Splatoon 3 teaser trailer
- to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Donkey Kong arcade game, an unexpected Mario or Donkey Kong surprise
- to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Legend of Zelda, an unexpected Legend of Zelda surprise that may or may not be related to BotW 2
- to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Kid Icarus, either a new Kid Icarus game or a port of Uprising
- to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Castlevania, an unexpected Castlevania surprise
- to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog, an unexpected Sonic surprise, like a Sonic 3D All-Stars game that includes Sonic Adventure and Sonic Unleashed
- to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Pokémon, a big Pokémon surprise (but it will NOT be Diamond & Pearl remakes)
- to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Nintendo 64, an N64-related surprise
- to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Nintendo Gamecube, a Gamecube-related surprise
- to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Wii, a Wii-related surprise
- during each Direct, a YouTube live chat spammed with Super Smash Bros fanboys and the #FreeMelee hashtag

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

I almost forgot to post this today, but Switch outsold 3DS in retail (it outsold 3DS in shipments a while ago).

PS4 production has also mostly ended in Japan, but we will wait for its extended support for next 3 years to see its true final sales count, since PS3 outsold Xbox 360 in extended support period.

(Switch will likely soon outsell GBA and PSP in coming months, and after that PS3 and Xbox 360.)