• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Torpoleon

So close to 80 million for Switch at the end of 2020! Thought for sure it would reach 80. At the very least, it was incredibly close and the Switch did have higher holiday sales in 2020 than 2019, despite stiffer competition and no big holiday title. Demand for Switch is still high. Could see Switch reaching close to 100 million by the end of the year, possibly surpassing Wii & PS1 this year. ACNH is so impressive, but I still think MK8 will remain on top, even if ACNH briefly overtakes it later this year. Both should be over 40 million by the end of the year, joining an elite club of 2 Nintendo titles (SMB & Wii Sports, both of which were heavy pack-ins).

2021 probably won't be as high as 2020, but should still be respectable and I'd say maybe better than 2019. There's still a lot of life left. We could see games like DP remakes and BOTW 2 this year (which could each sell 10m this year), as well as price cuts and/or revisions. Like I mentioned, demand is still high and I feel like there are still stock issues.

SWSH being the first Pokemon game since GS to reach 20 million is kind of sad because I hate the direction they went in with SWSH (even though the DLC made things a bit better). I hope DP remakes (if real, which they probably are) are decent games. I wonder if they'll outsell the originals, considering how high SWSH is.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe is now the best selling Pikmin game, with just under 2m sales in about 2 months. I'm sure this means we will get Pikmin 4 eventually, but I feel that will be saved for the next system, so that the next system has something big from Pikmin. Pikmin 3 Deluxe is basically a new game for a lot of people, like most of these Wii U ports.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Now that's a big record.
So the Switch is the the third best selling Nintendo console, correct? I think it will easily outsell the Wii within six months given how many great games are still being released even with the Covid situation and then surpass the DS within two years.

Torpoleon

So the Switch is the the third best selling Nintendo console, correct? I think it will easily outsell the Wii within six months given how many great games are still being released even with the Covid situation and then surpass the DS within two years.
It's actually fifth. Narrowly behind GBA (should surpass it and PSP this quarter) and then there's Wii, GB & DS. It can't surpass the Wii in six months because over 20m in that time frame would be unbelievably high and unprecedented. It will likely outsell PS3 & 360 by that point though. I could see it surpassing Wii and PS1 by the end of the year. At the very least, it might miss the mark and then surpass them Q1 2022.

I could see Switch surpassing Game Boy & PS4 by the end of 2022 and then all that leaves are the DS & PS2. It's not as crazy as it sounds, but still very difficult. Depends on what Nintendo has up their sleeves in the coming years.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So does that mean anyone could join in the lawsuit and file a claim?
It's probably a class action lawsuit, which is the type that is supposed to represent a population of people, but doesn't have every one of those individuals directly involved in the lawsuit.

Pokemon Power

Now that we know that Miitopia is getting remastered on Switch, what do you guys think the chances are of other 3DS titles getting the same treatment? Me, I think would be nice to have the original Detective Pikachu on the system, maybe Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem Awakening as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Now that we know that Miitopia is getting remastered on Switch, what do you guys think the chances are of other 3DS titles getting the same treatment? Me, I think would be nice to have the original Detective Pikachu on the system, maybe Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem Awakening as well.
I kind of wished Ever Oasis would get on the Switch, but I kind of doubt it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I kind of wished Ever Oasis would get on the Switch, but I kind of doubt it.
I hope it will get ported to the Switch. It's a fun game. I have to get back to playing it.

Yikes.

Found more:

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I hope it will get ported to the Switch. It's a fun game. I have to get back to playing it.

Yikes.

Found more:

Looks like drifting will be a big problem for this console generation.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh drifting... why did you have to exist.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Just an FYI, the 417 hours isn't going to be exact.
It largely depends on what games you are playing and how much pressure you put on the analog sticks.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think 3D Land and Detective Pikachu will likely be ported to the Switch. Detective because the second game is currently in production for the Switch and it would hold off fans of the spin off series for a year or two. Maybe add in a couple of new cases that are not necessary to complete the main story that explores that world even more and dropping hints about Detective Pikachu 2. 3D World will most likely be ported simply because it’s Mario and Nintendo seems to be trying to make every mainline Mario game playable on the Switch. Tomodachi Life I think will get a sequel on the Switch where we can interact and help the Miis even more than before such as new job related mini games and an Amiibo feature where you scan a figure or card into the game and you unlock a special outfit based on that character. Maybe not for every single Amiibo but you can get Mario, Metroid, Splatoon, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, And a couple of popular first party Smash Bros fighters themes.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And once again, until Nintendo says anything, I take any 'rumors' with huge grains of salt. It's what investors, etc., want... a Switch Pro, but wanting it and rumors don't make it so.

To be honest, I'm sick of hearing about said rumors. Had to mute anything about them on Twitter. (Sorry, but peoples obsession about it there, got to be a bit much.) I appreciate that it isn't the same here in terms of the Pro rumors.

Honestly wondering a bit there though, given that we're still in the middle of a pandemic and we're in the middle of a recession/depression.

Wouldn't make more sense to bring out a Pro model when the economy was doing better and more people could get the system? It just seems like bad business sense to bring it out any time soon.

BCVM22

Wouldn't make more sense to bring out a Pro model when the economy was doing better and more people could get the system? It just seems like bad business sense to bring it out any time soon.

Two things.

1. Sales of Animal Crossing and the Switch *exploded* at the beginning of the pandemic. When people can't safely go out and have fun, they spend that money on homebound ways to avoid going violently insane. I know I sure did and about 20 million others did. March 2021 is not March 2020, obviously (thank god) but still.

2. Everything you said about not buying into rumors is accurate. "Switch Pro is coming!" has come up multiple times annually the last few years and, obviously, has yet to be true. That doesn't mean this can't be the time it is true, but it does mean that none of this should be taken seriously until it does happen, because like so many rumors, it's easy juice. It's the easiest thing in the world to say "a source tells me..." and then list something that's plausible, feasible, and desirable but not confirmed, for this very reason, because rumors get attention. But *IF* one chooses to believe this latest rumor, it itself says the model isn't coming this second, this month, this quarter, or even this season. It says "for the holidays" which means much later this year, when much of the developed world *will* hopefully be vaccinated and recovering.

Anyway, all rumors are bad, throw them in the trash, is my measured take.