• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
NISA has several announcements.

Firstly, they are porting Phantom Brave's latest updated PSP edition (The Hermuda Triangle) and Soul Nomad to the Switch this Summer 2021. The curious thing here is that it's a compilation with the "Volume 1" part, so this hints at previous NIS games coming back in batches like La Pucelle and perhaps even Zettai Hero Project.

From a joint collaboration between the Zero Escape and Danganronpa head writers, World's End Club is coming out this May 28, 2021.

And lastly, Disgaea 6 is coming June 26, 2021. Notably, it includes Adell, Rozalin, Girl Laharl, and Asagi as free content (only Asagi was free in the Japanese version).

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Hopefully the patch is successful. This scene could have been worse than the Porygon incident considering there are more gamers out there than all the kids that watched that particular episode of the anime.

I hope so too. I accidentally viewed more of the footage last night due to Twitter autoplay and it's bad. Definitely.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Wait, so people played the entire game without downloading the patch?
I'm thinking that reviewers did, at least from the looks of things. The patch just came out today.

MrJechgo

Wouldn't it be a little awkward to sell a more powerful Switch model... when the Switch is still selling strong?

IIRC, going with the 3DS as an example, we got the 2DS, because there were concerns for eye strains on children. Then, we got the New 3DS with better specs, better controls and added features that were initially separated from the old models. The higher specs led to N3DS titles too. However, the 3DS... felt like it was stalling for sales, so they released new models to make people buy it. The regular models were too small or too big.

Honestly, the Switch Lite is technically the only model Nintendo could make, and even then, Nintendo games are adapted for both the regulat and Lite models. If they were to add a more powerful Switch, they would need to make 2 models.

Also, aside from fixing the drift and the battery life, I don't see what else they would add. Even with 4K, bluetooth, more memory and whatnot, that's also not a sure-fire way to get all recent 3rd-party games on Switch.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Wouldn't it be a little awkward to sell a more powerful Switch model... when the Switch is still selling strong?

IIRC, going with the 3DS as an example, we got the 2DS, because there were concerns for eye strains on children. Then, we got the New 3DS with better specs, better controls and added features that were initially separated from the old models. The higher specs led to N3DS titles too. However, the 3DS... felt like it was stalling for sales, so they released new models to make people buy it. The regular models were too small or too big.

Honestly, the Switch Lite is technically the only model Nintendo could make, and even then, Nintendo games are adapted for both the regulat and Lite models. If they were to add a more powerful Switch, they would need to make 2 models.

Also, aside from fixing the drift and the battery life, I don't see what else they would add. Even with 4K, bluetooth, more memory and whatnot, that's also not a sure-fire way to get all recent 3rd-party games on Switch.
Actually the Switch has Bluetooth, it just is very limited in which devices it connects to.

The current Switch models can run faster than they do normally, but I think thermals is the issue to prevent them being used for longer than a few seconds.

While the Switch Pro sounds good idea for those who own one, and I could see Nvidia moving to a updated fabrication for it. Until I hear anything concreate, I'm going to just keep it on my Dream Wishlist.

MrJechgo

Actually the Switch has Bluetooth, it just is very limited in which devices it connects to.
Huh... care to give me some device examples? I keep seeing that people want Bluetooth headphone support...

The current Switch models can run faster than they do normally, but I think thermals is the issue to prevent them being used for longer than a few seconds.

While the Switch Pro sounds good idea for those who own one, and I could see Nvidia moving to a updated fabrication for it. Until I hear anything concreate, I'm going to just keep it on my Dream Wishlist.
In this case, we're talking about a revision, not a new model... right?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Huh... care to give me some device examples? I keep seeing that people want Bluetooth headphone support...
They're called Joy-cons, Switch Pro Controllers and clones of the said devices. The controllers themselves can be connected to a PC wirelessly. Most of the current/next generation of Controller can be done this way as well.

But yeah, the headset is one of the things that I could see being added with software..

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Not to those who either aren't interested in one or those who aren't able to get a second one due to cost. Not to mention it's in the middle of a pandemic and a recession/depression, so Nintendo's timing would be that much worse.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Speaking of Bluetooth, one missed opportunity I see is the Switch not having an option to connect wireless earbuds to the system. It would be useful for watching YouTube and Hulu in Handheld without worrying about wires connected to the console and also be great for playing Ring Fit Adventure In Tabletop mode using a stand when you travel.