• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Just a heads up. There were some problems with the Switch Update 12.0.3 that caused it to be pulled on June 8th. It was later reinstated, many thinking that it was fixed, but there have been reports of there still being some issues with it, even from those that didn't download the previous buggy version of the same update. The main issue is that it prevents people from downloading games and updates. I am wondering if anyone here has had those problems, especially if you downloaded the supposedly repaired version and did not download the previous buggy version. So far, I am holding off on downloading the update since even though I buy physical games, I don't want to be unable to download future patches and/or DLC, especially since I've already purchased DLC for several games.

Here is one of the sources that I looked up for the issue:

Kotaku article on the issue

There are also several youtube videos on it, too.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Just a heads up. There were some problems with the Switch Update 12.0.3 that caused it to be pulled on June 8th. It was later reinstated, many thinking that it was fixed, but there have been reports of there still being some issues with it, even from those that didn't download the previous buggy version of the same update. The main issue is that it prevents people from downloading games and updates. I am wondering if anyone here has had those problems, especially if you downloaded the supposedly repaired version and did not download the previous buggy version. So far, I am holding off on downloading the update since even though I buy physical games, I don't want to be unable to download future patches and/or DLC, especially since I've already purchased DLC for several games.

Here is one of the sources that I looked up for the issue:

Kotaku article on the issue

There are also several youtube videos on it, too.
Yeah, I was testing this with some free titles (Jump Rope Challenge and Game Builder Garage Demo), and it doesn't seem to like me downloading.

Nintendo should have a fix with this. I tried calling the hotline, and they have already acknowledged the issue.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yeah, I was testing this with some free titles (Jump Rope Challenge and Game Builder Garage Demo), and it doesn't seem to like me downloading.

Nintendo should have a fix with this. I tried calling the hotline, and they have already acknowledged the issue.
It was giving me some issues last night with the Game Garage Builder Demo but downloaded fine this morning. So it might be resolved.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It was giving me some issues last night with the Game Garage Builder Demo but downloaded fine this morning. So it might be resolved.
It's not completely messed up. You can still get games to download if you are persistent enough.

In any case, Nintendo seems aware of this issue, so there will likely be a fix soon.

Pokemon Power

Hold up! I just realized something. Splatoon 3 and the newly revealed Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope are set for a 2022 release. Both are releasing five years following the release of their predecessors, Splatoon 2 and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, in 2017. And as many people know, 2017 was the year the Switch launched. That being said, with both Splatoon 3 and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope releasing during the Switch's fifth anniversary, it might be possible that other Switch games released during the first year will get sequels as well! We know a sequel to Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is in production, and given the circumstances of the pandemic, we might see it in 2022. It begs the question though: will we also see sequels to Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS and maybe even Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in 2022?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Difference is I didn't do this for it to work now.
Yeah, I tried this with the Capcom Arcade (another free title), and I had it work without any trouble.

I wonder if it was the update itself though. I believe it had a part, but I wonder if something wasn't working alongside the update.

I'm not an expert, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Don't need it as I already have a Switch. So it gets a *shrug* from me to be honest.