• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

Nyter

Island Challenger
I can already say that it won't be a day one purchase for me. But if it does well, I may consider eventually getting one.
I feel the same. I don't see a huge NEED to get this as I feel I like my screen size, won't ever use the LAN port, and I never use my Switch as a stand. I always play it docked and on my TV screen or handheld...

And it is 50 bucks more than the Switch. I don't see my heed for it but the design looks cool and sleeker if you ask me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Nintendo Switch OLED Model Confirmed. What do you all think?

Nintendo Switch OLED Model

Releases on October 8th, 2021
Meh. I’m content with my original Switch model even it it is missing the kickstand/Micro SD card cover. I didn’t even bother getting a Switch Lite. I don’t plan on replacing my Switch until it becomes unusable and won’t turn on which isn’t very likely. I got multiple 3DS systems only for trading and transferring Pokémon and also to have multiple Animal Crossing New Leaf towns without my 3DS getting confused. I have 3 pairs of Joy Cons for games (even though two have the drifting issue) and a Pro Controller and I have everything that I need for the games that I have. This new model just doesn’t interest me enough to trade in my current system.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The new Switch model looks really nice but I won’t be getting it. As someone who only ever plays the Switch while it’s docked none of the new features are of any use to me. I’ll keep waiting for one that offers increased game performance before upgrading.

The white Joycons also look nice but I don’t see myself purchasing those unless Nintendo have completely fixed the drifting issues.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Even the announcement trailer makes me extremely uninterested in the new model. Wider kickstand? I have a small plastic stand that can adjust itself to different angles that is also small enough for me to put into my pocket if I wanted to take it on a trip with me. Wired LAN port? Why would I want that? I have no use for a LAN port. The Joy Cons don’t seem to have any improvements, the larger screen means nothing to me as the original model is perfectly fine and can still make things look extremely detailed. There’s no web browser or music player app, no camera, and no video player on the system. It’s just the same old Switch except a slightly larger handheld screen, larger kickstand, longer battery life maybe, and a literal new coat of paint. Nothing about it makes it seem like an improvement.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Even the announcement trailer makes me extremely uninterested in the new model. Wider kickstand? I have a small plastic stand that can adjust itself to different angles that is also small enough for me to put into my pocket if I wanted to take it on a trip with me. Wired LAN port? Why would I want that? I have no use for a LAN port. The Joy Cons don’t seem to have any improvements, the larger screen means nothing to me as the original model is perfectly fine and can still make things look extremely detailed. There’s no web browser or music player app, no camera, and no video player on the system. It’s just the same old Switch except a slightly larger handheld screen, larger kickstand, longer battery life maybe, and a literal new coat of paint. Nothing about it makes it seem like an improvement.
Nintendo!!! Hear my mans out and if anything, hire him. He spoke facts machine here!!!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Having a wired connection can help your download speed, so a LAN port isn't s bad idea. Honestly, it should have been on the original Switch. The screen size is improved, but docked resolution isn't. Well, looks like I'll be saving money. I won't be buying it. I'll milk out my original Switch until they make a whole new console. There's nothing about this new Switch that catches my eye, and tells me that I have to purchase it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It's bigger.

That's the gimmick. It's bigger.

I was really hoping for a graphics upgrade.

...There’s no web browser or music player app, no camera, and no video player on the system...

Now THIS is something I am so glad they haven't implemented. The reason I've been loyal to Nintendo for all these years is because they prioritize the gaming in 'gaming console.' Our phone already has all of those things. We do we need our gaming console to have them too?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm sure Nintendo has a deal of confidence with how good the Switch looks and sounds outside the dock. I don't think they would have hyped this up if there wasn't anything they could really show off about it. However this will be received financially is a different matter, but I'm sure the specs are worthy of a $50 price increase. That being said, I don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon. The one selling point for me is the 64 GB internal storage, seeing as how half my internal storage is taken up, and I have a SD card that I'm using.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Nintendo Switch OLED Model Confirmed. What do you all think?

Nintendo Switch OLED Model

Releases on October 8th, 2021
My Switch works great. I don’t think I need to pay another $300, plus an extra $50. If I was going to buy another gaming console, I’d rather invest in a PlayStation.

Teravolt

Imagine trying to use the internet on a gaming console
Especially since typing on the Switch is even more painful than typing on the 3DS. Which is bad.

Teravolt

Don't think I'll get this one. I basically never use my switch in handheld mode so the bigger screen isn't even a factor for me.
Unless it'd break down and I'd need a replacement.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I mean that's literally all I'm asking for. lol
I mean, as much as I like the white dock and everything.
It's literally the same as the 2018/19 version with a bigger, new screen and better speaker.

I still have a Day 1 Switch, and the battery is ass. But I'm not buying a new console for 2 hours of extra battery.

I guess with the chip shortages, unless Nintendo makes their own, they won't do anything to that'll fail to meet demand.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
If I hadn't purchased a Switch already, it might be an option since it has more storage, but I already own one with an SD Card, and I only play it docked. So none of these new 'features' are going to do anything that the current version of the console doesn't already do.

Pokemon Power

We're getting some pretty obscure SNES games on Switch Online. Makes me think it's a sign that another system's library of classic games is on the way.