• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hello. I need your help with Switch's digital games and appreciate it if I can get a response.

I'm planning to go with digital copies of BDSP and Legends of Arceus, although I'm not quite sure if I'm able to run them in my second profile. I only have one Switch and plan to create a backup profile for a new safe file.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hello. I need your help with Switch's digital games and appreciate it if I can get a response.

I'm planning to go with digital copies of BDSP and Legends of Arceus, although I'm not quite sure if I'm able to run them in my second profile. I only have one Switch and plan to create a backup profile for a new safe file.
As long as you have the account that bought the games set to have your Switch saved as the primary console you should be able to play any games on other profiles. I just tried it out to be sure and I was able to play on all 3 of my profiles.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Early predictions for E3 2022

A potential announcement for GBA Online on the Switch.
A port of Super Mario Galaxy 2 to the Switch.
A new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game for the Switch with Gen 8 mechanics.
Metroid All-Stars
The Legend of Zelda All-Stars

Pokemon Power

Now that N64 games are set to come to Switch Online, I'm hoping Donkey Kong 64 and the original Super Smash Bros. get added. Maybe Banjo-Tooie with Stop 'n' Swop as well, since Microsoft is willing to let them have Banjo-Kazooie on the service.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Now that N64 games are set to come to Switch Online, I'm hoping Donkey Kong 64 and the original Super Smash Bros. get added. Maybe Banjo-Tooie with Stop 'n' Swop as well, since Microsoft is willing to let them have Banjo-Kazooie on the service.
I think it’s safe to say that DK 64 will be added eventually. It’s a staple of 3D platforming and one of the more popular DK games. Players loved the new Kongs and their abilities to the point that they actually want to see Lanky as a playable Fighter in Smash. Diddy Kong Racing is another possibility as it is widely regarded as one of the best games on the N64. The only N64 classic that I can’t really see coming to this new premium service is GoldenEye mostly due to the possibility of copyright issues as it is a licensed game. So far no games that have outside licenses have been released on the online service. The closest is Punch-Out! but even then it’s the re-release that removed Mike Tyson and added in Mr Dream. This is probably why some great games like NBA Jam and The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse haven’t been released for the SNES Online.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Am I the only one sick of the "SwITcH Iz A PoRt MaChInE" narrative?

I mean, yeah, there are a lot of ports, pretty much the majority of the Wii U library was re-released on the Switch, but even if you remove all of the ports and remakes from the Switch's library, it'd still be amazing. You'd still have (to name some of the more notable releases):

ARMS
XC2
Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Party
Kirby Star Allies
Mario Tennis Aces
Smash Ultimate
Yoshi's Crafted World
Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Astral Chain
Pokemon SwSh
Hyrule Warriors AoC
ACNH
New Pokemon Snap
Ring Fit Adventure
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Mario Golf: Super Rush

And you'd also have Metroid Dread, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, BotW2, and Metroid Prime 4 on the way as well.

Like, in terms of original releases, what else do you want? There's only a handful of IPs that don't have some kind of new, original, main series game, like I could get fans of Mario Kart, DK, Pikmin, Star Fox, and F-Zero wanting their fill of something new and original, but in general, when have we ever seen a lineup anywhere close to what we've gotten from that list of original IPs? Even that selection of games is still amazing, and the way I see it the ports are bonuses.

Zora

perpetually tired
Most of the games I played on Switch in the last year were ports or remakes of some kind--the lone exception was NEO TWEWY; so my own library would corroborate the Switch as a port machine. Most of this comes down to Switch being a portable; it's simply my choice system for playing old games. Also, I'm including games like Great Ace Attorney and Famicom Detective Club, which although old games, only got English release for the first time this year.

That said, there's plenty of non ports I'm eyeing for the near future, like Metroid Dread and SMT V. So, hmm.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I like being able to play several ports on the Switch but I think the system has plenty of games of its own that are also great. I particularly liked Mario Odyssey and Pokémon Sword and Shield.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
20 years of Grand Theft Auto marks a special occasion for a trilogy release on Switch.

It will contain GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas.
That's the first time that a "Console" GTA game will make to a Nintendo Console. This is PS2 or 3D Trilogy, hopefully it's going to be a decent port unlike the PS3/360 one.. Also "I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda."

There are two GTA games on Nintendo Consoles already, GBA version and the DS's Chinatown Wars. Due to some weird stuff due the 3d/HD "reset", The Chinatown Wars is considered part of GTA4 & GTA5/online World. (There are about a Dozen GTA4 Characters that appear in GTA5 and reference events of GTA4.)

Coolio35

Is anyone here that owns the Switch OLED. I thinking to buy the OLED because my Switch is 4 years old. Well i think between Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Nintendo Launchs the "Switch 2". The Switch OLED is like the Nintendo DS Lite for the Switch. Do anyone of you have a Switch OLED and can share the experience.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member