• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
So you’re forced to buy the AC DLC when you buy the expansion even if you don’t have AC?

It’s more like the DLC is included with the upgrade than it being a forced buy.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
$50 hahahahahah NO.
They should just sell a '64 arcade' without the Online nonsense like what Microsoft did with Rare years ago, that'd be sure to make money! Heck I'd buy it exclusively for Paper Mario!

I sincerely hope they don't pull this crap if they ever release Pokemon XD/Colosseum or Emerald on the VC

Zora

perpetually tired
If it was $30 just for N64/Genesis, perhaps that'd be fine. But adding the cost of dlc and requiring you have an active subscription to access dlc... Idk.

I generally don't like having active subscriptions, and only subscribe to a service as I plan to use it.

Pokemon Power

Well Nintendo finally pushed things too far. It's $50 for the NSO expansion. Nothing but pure, naked greed with this one. It's getting a hard pass from me. Hoping the lower tier is still around as I'll need the saving and the online. Don't need the rest, especially at that price point. Shame on them.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...rossing-new-horizons-direct-october-2021-live

Source: Nintendo Life
I'm pretty sure they'll add on to the expansion pack like they have with the normal membership. Here's hoping for Gamecube and Sega Saturn titles.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m going to hold off on the Expansion Pass until Paper Mario, Kirby 64, Yoshi Story, Pokémon Snap, Smash Bros, and Banjo Kazooie are on the service. They, along with Banjo Tooie and DK 64, are the only games I’m interested in playing as I didn’t have an N64 and while I’ve played the system before, most of the games I am interested in are either already out on the DS/3DS or Super Mario 3D All Stars. Yoshi Story isn’t enough for me right now and I’m finishing paying for BDSP and plan on using any eShop gift card I will get for Christmas on Legends Arceus. After that I’ll indulge in the expansion pass and save money for the next Kirby game and possibly BotW 2 depending on when it is being released. I’ll buy the New Horizons DLC separately anyway because I like to renew Switch Online without automatic payments and might lapse a few days after my subscription is up.

KillerDraco

Yeah, I gotta admit, the Expansion's cost is significantly more than I expected. I thought it'd be another 10, maybe 15 dollars more. But another 30? Big oof.

I suppose it works for me still since I share a family group with a bunch of friends so it'll only amount to $10 per year per person, but dang.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Squenix apparently can't do compression right, which is why all KH titles aren't even digital.

"Bringing these titles to Nintendo Switch proved to be quite difficult for various reasons, including the storage capacity of the hardware, but we’re excited that we were able to make it happen for the first time ever by utilizing the Cloud service."

We're talking about PS2 games here.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wouldn’t have bought this pack anyways. Wake me up when they do one with Gamecube, GBA, or DS games.

Pokemon Power

I'll get it the first year, since my current subscription doesn't expire until next September. Whether I decide to keep paying afterward will depend on how the selection of N64 and Genesis games play out, and if more features will be added to the Expansion Pass, which I think it will.

Zora

perpetually tired
I'll get it if I can 8 people together to split costs. $10 per year is honestly lowkey cheap; but $50 per year is too much. I get the feeling I'm not the only person who's looking to family share.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
My subscription runs until February, so upgrading it until then won't cost much at all. Whether I keep it after that, I'm not sure. A friend of mine suggested me adding on to his family's subscription, which would cost me $20 as it'd be shared with four people. I'll see if by then I think it's worth that much.