• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo Switch: Nintendo's Next Hardware - SOURCE ALL NEWS/RUMORS

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
$50 hahahahahah NO.
They should just sell a '64 arcade' without the Online nonsense like what Microsoft did with Rare years ago, that'd be sure to make money! Heck I'd buy it exclusively for Paper Mario!

I sincerely hope they don't pull this crap if they ever release Pokemon XD/Colosseum or Emerald on the VC

Same.

I hope that they don't do that either... since not everyone can afford or can justify the extra cost.

I'll get it if I can 8 people together to split costs. $10 per year is honestly lowkey cheap; but $50 per year is too much. I get the feeling I'm not the only person who's looking to family share.

If I only had that option.

Yep. And there's probably a lot of people who are just out of luck.

I'm definitely sticking with the plan I have. No matter how much Nintendo tries to get me to upgrade. It's not gonna happen.

Egregious pricing. I did want to buy this until I found out it was more than double the cost. Yeah, no. Maybe I'll bite later if they add more systems, but as is it's a total ripoff.

Exactly. It's not worth it... unless it was on sale at a very good price. Can't justify the absolutely greedy pricing.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

According to Emily Rogers, Sega is to blame for the increase in price, because they wanted to be paid a little extra since the Wii Virtual Console had, in her words, low sales, revenue split and lack of marketing. Which is also apparently why we didn't get Genesis games on Wii U VC.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'll only consider buying the pass but only after the library becomes really hefty...which...may take a while because the additions take a lot of time and they're about 3 or so games.
I thinking of doing the same. The starting line up for the N64 only has one game I’m interested in which is Yoshi Story as I already have Ocarina on the 3DS and Mario 64 on the DS and 3D All Stars collection. Once Kirby 64, Paper Mario, Banjo Kazooie, and Pokémon Snap are released to the service then I will buy the Pass if I have the money. I currently am finishing paying for my preorder of the BDSP Dual pack and saving any eShop gift cards I get for Christmas for Legends digitally which should be at least $50 as my sister gives me one every year. The Genesis service I am not that interested in as I already have most of those games in the Genesis collection for the Switch which has almost every Genesis game I want to p,ay aside from the linked Knuckles in Sonic 2 and 3 which is fine as I have the Sonic Genesis collection on the DS for those versions.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
According to Emily Rogers, Sega is to blame for the increase in price, because they wanted to be paid a little extra since the Wii Virtual Console had, in her words, low sales, revenue split and lack of marketing. Which is also apparently why we didn't get Genesis games on Wii U VC.

Well that's a bad joke. Not paying into it. If the $20 tier remains, I'm staying with it. Unless there's a very good sale, I'm not considering moving up to the new one.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Wii games and Gamecube games were included I would buy the pass because my library for those two platforms is lacking. I already have a giant library of N64/Sega games that I can play right now.

BCVM22

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack is now live. The Nintendo 64 titles and Sega Genesis titles are each their own individual app, as is the case with the NES and SNES titles.

Pokemon Power

I bought the Expansion Pack and tried both of the new Classic Game Selection apps in portable mode. Played Super Mario 64 up to getting the first Power Star from King Bob-omb, and I played a bit of Emerald Hill and the first special stage in Sonic 2. Both were really good conversions. Gonna try Mario Kart 64 and Mean Bean Machine tomorrow, and if I have time, I'll also do Star Fox 64, Yoshi's Story, Mario Tennis and Dr. Mario 64.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
68fb434f01a229d790a84368c538626f17bbf931.jpg

2a08e3f423ca621bf2512bbca5611d761dd1088f.jpg

I'm grateful that they have both tiers available. Staying with what I have for now though.

BCVM22

I don't think there was ever any indication they were going to drop the basic tier. They called the higher tier the Expansion Pack on purpose.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't think there was ever any indication they were going to drop the basic tier. They called the higher tier the Expansion Pack on purpose.

Yea but it didn't hurt to double check it tho.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I ended up paying the $30 for the expansion pass, plus a little over $6 for an extra month.

Lucky. Mine is around $4 over what I'd pay. Yours... would be the level that I'd prefer tbh.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Mine is ending next month and I only got a $1.80 discount LOL

I'm gonna hold until my previous membership expires. Then I'll renew with the expansion pack option.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Mine is ending next month and I only got a $1.80 discount LOL

I'm gonna hold until my previous membership expires. Then I'll renew with the expansion pack option.

Yikes. So the closer to expiration... the smaller the discount? Way to go... Nintendo! (Not...) Buying another year so soon... even at a lower price, might not be an option for some people.